The So-Called "Date"

TeenTop Café
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byunghun’s POV

                After I made up my mind, I went downstairs to ask Chanhee about the date. I wasn’t sure about that because even if it was Sunday the next day, the café was still going to open. So I didn’t know whether he was going to accept it or not. He was doing the dishes when he noticed me.

“Ah Byunghun! Perfect timing.” I looked at him confusedly, thinking about what he meant by perfect timing. “So we run out of tea, would you mind helping me doing the groceries?”

“How about the café?” I asked him.

“I’m going to close it for tomorrow. I think I’ll be good if I give Niel and Ricky some time for their own too. So? What do you say?”

“Since the shop is going to be closed tomorrow, why don’t we go out for a while too? You seem like you need some time for your own too.” He looked up, gesturing that he was thinking about it.

“I don’t know Byunghun. I mean, I have to save the money for my brothers’ needs.” He sighed. I knew he really wanted to go but he just couldn’t bring himself to waste money.

“I’ll pay! Don’t worry.” He was about to decline it, not wanting me to waste money for him. But I cut him before he could say anything. “I’m here for free, remember? But my parents still give me my rent money. So it’s okay, I’m not using it anyway. Pleaseee?” I looked at him with my pleading eyes.

“Fine, but no expensive thingy okay?” He sighed in defeat and I nodded.

                The rest of the day was normal as usual, serving customers, cleaning the café after we closed, dinner and stuffs. Niel said that he wanted to go to his friend’s house tomorrow and would be back at dinner time and Ricky said that he wanted to invite his friends over to play games with them. Chanhee nodded on both of their ideas.

The next morning

“Byunghun-ah, breakfast is ready.” I heard Chanhee called me while knocking my door.

“Okay, will be there in 10 minutes.” I said with my eyes closed. I went to the bathroom and took a bath. I dressed up as neatly as possible because it was a big day for me. After all things finished, I went downstairs and Chanhee was waiting for me at the dining table.

“Where is Niel and Ricky?” I sat on the chair and started eating the food.

“Niel already went to his friend’s house and Ricky went somewhere to pick his friends.” He explained. “So where are we going first?”

“Since it’d be hard to bring the groceries along when we’re having fun, let’s go have some fun first! Wanna watch a movie?” His eyes widened when he heard “movies” as he nodded in excitement. ‘God, could he be cuter than this?’

                After Ricky got home with his friends, we left the house, heading to the cinema nearby. He asked me to pick a movie so I picked a horror themed movie. He was hesitating at first, but he agreed in the end. I thought it was because he didn’t want to let me down. He was so tense when we sat there. When the scary part came out, he screamed and hugged my arm tightly. He hid his face behind my arm and stayed like that for a good 5 minutes. I couldn’t stand seeing him like that. So I grabbed his hand and pulled him outside the cinema.

“I’m sorry,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter