The True Mission

당신은 내거야 (You're MINE)

Cheondung

 

I sighed deeply, snugging closer to the warmth near me. It felt nice, really nice. It felt like those times when I was able to sleep comfortable because of Joon. I usually slept with him since he gets nightmares. He would often thrash around his bed and scream at the top of his lungs. When I started sleeping with him, he actually stopped. It gave me a good feeling since I was able to help him.

 

Right now, I felt like my being is wrapped around a warmth that was so comfortable I could die. It felt really nice and I don’t think I want to wake up. But of course, my body clock is already set and 7:00am is the time I always woke up.

 

I slowly opened my eyes to adjust from the brightness of the sun but there wasn’t any. I wrinkled my forehead as I looked around my room. I never close the curtains so why is it so dark in here? I was about to get up when and arm stopped me from doing so. I was surprised and I moved away only to be stopped yet again. I tried to see who was beside me but it was hard since the curtains blocked the sunlight.

 

I pushed the person beside me and he groaned. “YAH!” I yelled and all of a sudden I was frozen on my spot. “Cheondung-ah… Just 5 more minutes…” A husky, irresistible, deep voice answered. I felt my inside turn upside down and my heart started hammering inside my chest. What the hell is Joon doing beside me in my room?!

 

Think Cheondung! Think! What happened last night? Ok… Ok… I met Jiyoung yesterday and pretended to be late so I could act all cute in front of her. But I saw Joon and he was there with her. I remember Joon dropping his phone and I typed in that I wanted to meet him last night at 8pm. I also remember Mir questioning me like an investigator, asking me who Jiyoung was and he sounded really childish. GO and Seungho didn’t help since GO was his usual happy-go-lucky-self while Seungho was still proving to be an . I didn’t see Joon yesterday and I got worried but I still had to be with Jiyoung since she demanded that I should be with her all day.

 

We went out and it turns out that she loves eating sushi and sashimi. Something that didn’t go well with my diet. I strictly follow a diet because my stomach can’t handle all kinds of food. Sashimi is included in the menu of food that I can’t eat. But since she’s with me, I can’t say no to her because it’ll cause problems in both our gangs. So I ate sashimi. It turns out that my system couldn’t handle it very well and I ended up throwing up in the men’s washroom. She kept on apologizing but I told her it was fine. The last thing I remember was that she helped me get home and that’s it.

 

I held onto my head, trying to think deeper. Trying to remember what happened. Why am I sleeping with Joon again? I tried so hard but I couldn’t even remember a thing. As I sighed in regret and disappointment, a short flashback invaded my head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I said GET O—!” Cheondung started but Joon was ahead of him, the latter immediately stopped Cheondung from screaming it out by kissing him.

 

After the kiss, Joon hugged Cheondung.

 

 

 

 

 

I felt my blood rush up my face and the heat evaded my brain. I felt nauseous and not to mention embarrassed to the core. How could I possibly look at him now? Why did he even have to do that? Why not just tell me otherwise rather than… k-kiss… kiss… kiss me?????

 

Ahhhhhh!!!!!! How am I supposed to face him?! I heard him groan again but this time he wrapped his arms around me, tighter. Nuzzling me closer to him. I suddenly held my breath. For some reason I just don’t know what to do anymore. I can’t even breathe. I felt like my body even stiffened.

 

Time passed and I still held my breath. I don’t even know how long it’s been but it feels like it’s been forever.

 

“Breathe.” I heard that same husky voice say and I suddenly gasped. “You’re not breathing.” He said. “W-w-w-what are you doing here?” I stuttered, pretending to be confused. Or at least pretending not to remember what happened last night.

 

“You were sick so I had to take care of you.” He answered as if it were in a normal position right now! “B-but… why did you have to sleep beside me?” I asked. “Because I resist sleeping beside you. I sleep better when you’re beside me.” He said.

 

Can I literally just die right now? Probably out of giddiness or excitement but mostly embarrassment. But hey, hearing him say that makes my chest hurt. I don’t know if my heart can stay still in there. I feel like my chest is about to explode!

 

“What would you like to have for breakfast?” He asked me. “I-I’m not hungry.” I answered, trying to sound calm even though my heart will burst any minute now. “You have to eat… you were sick yesterday.” He said. “I was sick because I ate something I wasn’t supposed to eat. So I don’t want to eat because I don’t feel like eating anything yet.” I answered, letting him hear the irritation in it. Maybe then he’ll move away a bit so I could calm myself down.

 

“Would you like me to feed you?” He suddenly asked and I felt my insides squeal in excitement. He’s still the same. He’s too sweet whenever I get sick so I always end up losing my mind. I don’t even know what to do right now and he keeps on adding to my confusion!

 

“I’ll just cook something and I’ll feed you then.” He concluded. Before I could even protest, he suddenly pecked my lips as he moved out of bed. My eyes widened and I felt my heart explode.

 

HE JUST FREAKIN’ KISSED ME!!!

 

JOON KISSED ME!!!

 

I think I forgot to breathe again. Wait how do we breathe again?

 

“Hey, quit doing that. You need air.” Joon said, holding onto my chest.

 

“Y-You should stop doing all of this too!” I blasted. He stood up from sitting on the bed and he opened the curtains. When he did, I immediately covered the light with my hands as I looked down. The moment I did, I realized that I wasn’t wearing clothes. I immediately reached for the blanket to look if I had pants under and I was only wearing my boxers. My eyes widened with what I saw and I immediately looked at Joon.

 

“W-What—” I couldn’t even finish what I was about to ask because he, too, was just wearing boxers! “What happened to us?!” I shouted, totally freaking out. Joon walked back to the bed and I pulled on the blanket to cover my exposed chest. “T-t-tell me we… tell me we didn’t…” I stuttered. It’s not like I didn’t want to but not like this! Not when I won’t remember a thing!

 

“We didn’t…” he answered, sitting on the bed. “T-then…” I trailed along, looking at his muscular body. "I was almost your clothes were full of sweat and I tried changing your clothes but you didn’t want to. After that you threw up on me so I had to remove my clothes as well. I was about to get some clothes so we could change but you pulled me to bed and didn’t want to let go until now.” Joon explained.

 

I feel like the world is against me. Me being sick in front of Joon while we’re at the mansion is one thing but me being sick in front of Joon and we’re not supervised… this happens.

 

“I’m so…sorry. I… I don’t even remember anything from last night.” I said, looking down in shame. “Anything?” I heard him say. “Well… I… remember bits and pieces…” I said, wrinkling my forehead and trying to remember more. “Which bits and pieces?” He asked. “Some bits and pieces of what happened last night.” I said. “What specific bits and pieces?” He asked again. “Well… Well why does it concern you?” I looked at him and I didn’t realize that he had moved closer to me so our faces are practically inches apart.

 

“B-b-bits… and… pieces… just… some… some of…” I stammered, not knowing what to say. “Go on… what do you remember?” He asked me, seemingly moving closer and closer to me. I was trying to utter some words but I couldn’t help but stare at his lips that were getting closer and closer to me. Until I felt them.

 

His lips were so soft. It felt unreal as if my lips were met by a very soft heavenly object. My lids fell to a close and I didn’t bother fighting it. Why fight it when I obviously liked it?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What do you mean she’s a family friend?” Joon asked after explaining why I know Jiyoung. He didn’t even know that Jiyoung is the daughter of my father’s friend. "A leader of another gang here.” I said, still fiddling with my laptop. “But how did you even know that she’s our target?” Joon asked me. “Well… I think you know the answer to that.” I said.

 

Joon wrinkled his forehead and thought for a moment. Then “I knew it! You were following us when we saw you!” Joon said, as if a light bulb suddenly lit over his head. I rolled my eyes and said “Of course I was following you. Do you really think I was with a friend?” I asked.

 

“I don’t know. You tell me.” Joon said. I sighed before turning the laptop on the table to face it to him. “See that little girl right there? That’s her. I didn’t recognize her immediately when you were following her because I haven’t seen her for a long time.” I explained. “And how did you discover that she’s the same girl in that picture?” Joon asked.

 

I turned the laptop back to me and typed something again then I turned it to him again. “I was fortunate enough to see the car she rode on to so I was able to put a tracking device on it. After that the last place the tracking device registered was this address before it was destroyed.” I explained.

 

“You saw their car? How’d you—” Joon started but I cut him off “She used the back alley to escape. They know that you guys are following her. Luckily she doesn’t know who.”

 

“Then… the mission doesn’t make sense.” Joon said, scratching his head. “That’s why I keep on asking you what the mission is.” I said. Joon suddenly stood up and bit his lower lip. “Cheondung-ah… I really can’t tell you anything. But if there’s one person who can… It’ll be your father.” Joon said. “Why can’t you just tell me?” I asked again.

 

“Because I cant. And this is something that your dad and I agreed upon.” Joon said. “So you’re telling me I should go back home to ask my dad?” I asked. He nodded. “He’s the only one who can explain everything to you. Because when I do… something bad will happen.” He said. His voice sounded like it’s gonna be the end of the world but my mind still can’t comprehend why he can’t just tell me the truth.

 

“Are you just saying this so I’d go home and leave you to your mission?” I asked out of nowhere. Joon sat back down on the chair and held my hand. “Cheondung-ah… you know I would never lie to you. That’s why I’m telling you where to get the information. Because I can’t tell you what you want to know. The only person who can… is your father.” Joon said, these serious talk really drives me insane. I feel like my nerves are crawling in anger and irritation.

 

“Fine! But you better stay away from Rain!” I said. “I cant. He’s my partner in this mission.” Joon said. “But…” I started, “But nothing Cheondung. I can’t just suddenly avoid him. If there really is something wrong, then I need to keep an eye on Rain. As long as he doesn’t know what we’re up to then there won’t be any problem.” Joon said.

 

I sighed in defeat. Of course he’s right. But I still feel uneasy leaving him with that Rain psycho. If something bad ever happens to him then… I don’t know what I’ll do.

 

“Don’t worry. I’m not that weak. Besides… I can’t let anything happen to me or else you’ll surely be worried right?” Joon said, caressing my cheek. “You’re so unfair. Suddenly attacking me when I’m… sick.” I said. He gave me a cute smile before leaning forward and capturing me in his arms. “Because I want to…” Joon whispered.

 

I sighed, before wrapping my arms around him as well.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I huffed before knocking on the front door. I’m pretty sure they’ll all freak out once they see me. Well who wouldn’t they? I stormed out of this place quarreling with my father and now I’m back specifically for him.

 

The gates slowly opened and as expected there was a horde of people beyond the gate prepared to greet me. Everyone bowed as I passed by them, welcoming me. I felt stupid for some reason but I needed to know Joon’s mission so I have to do this. I don’t care if I humiliate myself, as long as I help Joon then there won’t be any problem.

 

“Young master, welcome back to your humble abode. The master is resting in his office, awaiting your arrival.” Our head butler said. I nodded at him before entering the mansion and heading off to my father’s office. As I reached the door, I heard my mother reprimanding my father… again.

 

It’s been a while since I’ve been here but it feels like nothing has changed. The people are the same. The place is the same. And most of all… my parents are still the same.

 

I knocked on the door three times, signaling my arrival. We all have different counts of knocks on our doors. It allows us to recognize who wants to enter our rooms. And also refrains us from opening the door for enemies.

 

“You may come in.” I heard my father’s voice and I entered. As soon as I opened the door, someone-my mother- immediately wrapped her arms around me. “Oh I’ve missed you so much! How have you been? Have you been eating well? Tell me you didn’t get sick? I’ve been telling your father that it’s his fault why you went away. Are you coming back for good now?” my mother rapped on. I think she could pass as an idol rapper. Whenever she’s worried, she would often ask me all these questions as if her life depended on the answers. It feels like I’m hearing a female ‘Outsider’ to be honest.

 

“I’m alright mom. I’m just here to ask dad something.” I said. She cupped my face and looked at me with a pitiful look. “You were sick weren’t you? I knew you shouldn’t have left the house. You won’t be able to take care of yourself.” She said. I sighed. “Mom, stop treating me like a baby. I’m all grown up and I can take care of myself.” I answered. “Well you don’t seem to be alright. I know you just came from being sick!” She said.

 

I never really understood how she knows everything that happens to me. Mother’s intuition? Maybe. But knowing that we’re in this kind of family, I’m not surprised to know if she’s been trained prior to becoming my mother.

 

“Come along! Let me bathe you and feed you like I always do!” my mother said which made me blush in embarrassment. “Mom!” I complained and she still tried to pull me out of the room. I noticed some of the maids in the corner giggling. They probably heard what my mom said. Ugh! Great!

 

Half of my body was already out of the door when all of a sudden my father talked. “So, you’re finally back. Is it because you’ve failed?” I heard my father talk.

 

“Park, JinYoung! You will not push my baby out of this house yet again!” My mother instantly replied, wrapping me in her arms and protecting me like a baby. I rolled my eyes, they always do this. They don’t even listen to me.

 

“Mom! I said I’m just here to ask dad something. Please let us talk.” I reasoned. “Your son seems to have learned something. Let’s hear what he has to say.” My father said. My mother glared at my father who looked away immediately. She sighed before letting me go. She held my hand and guided me to the couch where we both sat. My father, who was sitting behind his work desk followed and sat on the chase lounge settled on the left side of the couch.

 

“I came here to ask about Joon’s mission. What exactly is their mission?” I asked. My father raised his eyebrows and nodded. “I see. So you’ve encountered Joon already.” my father said.

 

“I did. But unfortunately he refuses to tell me his mission. He also refuses to inform me the circumstance that he’s in.” I replied. My father sighed while my mother held my hand tighter, as if signaling me that there’s something I needed to know indeed. I looked at her but she was only looking at my father.

 

“Joon’s mission.” My father started before sighing. “The South Side Lee Clan has discovered that the North Side Kang Clan seems to be plotting against the East, South and West Clans. They seem to have discovered that the North Side Kang Clan has moved to a different territory to plan an attack against all of us. The South Side Lee Clan asked for help from us and from the West Side Kim Clan. This was supposed to be a mission for our own heirs, to prove that you can negotiate with the North Side Kang Clan and convince them to back down with their plan of domination. But with Joon’s interval the other clans refused to send their own heir if I sent someone else in your place. Therefore this is a mission that Joon has to complete because if not, there will surely be chaos.” My father explained.

 

“Have you heard the North Side Clan’s side of the story?” I asked. “Of course we tried to contact them but as the South Side Clan had said, the old mansion was not used anymore and that the Kang family has moved. Moving away to live in a different place is one thing, but not telling us is another thing. It seems that they might really be plotting something.” My father said.

 

I bit my lower lip. This is even harder than I thought. I might really need to intervene in this mission.

 

“I told you what I can. I know you’re up to no good but keep in mind what you have promised me.” My father said. I looked at him and he looked dead serious. This just made everything harder for me.

 

“You better stop looking at my son with that kind of expression if you don’t want to keep your eyes inside your head!” my mother suddenly said which made my father look away again. My father’s cool and composed alright. A man feared by many but respected by all. But he also a wimp in front of the only weakness he has.

 

My mother.

 

“You always put my son in a tight spot and push him too hard. I might as well do that to you too!” My father looked alarmed but he still tried to maintain his composure. “I’m just doing what I think is best for our son.” He answered, fixing his clothes.

 

My mother clicked her tongue at my father and he flinched. Sighing, my mother focused her attention on me again. “Sweetheart, are you sure you don’t want to stay?” my mother asked me, cupping my face.

 

“I’m alright mom. I can take care of myself. And besides I need to do this.” I said.

 

“Alright. Alright. I understand.” She said before hugging me. It felt really nice to hear her finally agree. But it started to feel like this hug is going to last forever. “Mom… You can let go of me now.” I said. “Just a few more minutes…” She asked.

 

I sighed before finally pushing her away. “Mom.” I groaned. “Alright. Alright. It’s just… I’ll miss you. Make sure to call. And don’t forget to eat. And don’t forget to drink your vitamins. Don’t forget to train. And don’t forget to brush your teeth. Always remember to lock your door before you go to sleep. Also don’t forget to sleep without your clothes on again. You never know when someone might come in and—” “I know mom… I know.” I ended her rap again.

 

This visit is rather irritating… but informative. At least now I know what I’m supposed to do. Find out the truth.

 

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

Hello everyone!

 

We apologize for the late update of this fic but we worked hard on the comblaq. ^_^ haha!

 

Both of us have been busy with life. Me, kimichi21, busy working and Dj-Tehee busy with her internship.

 

 

We've hope that you all like this update.

 

 

Dont forget to leave COMMENTS and SUBSCRIBE!!! ^_^

 

 

 

from,

kimichi21 & Dj-Tehee