The Consequences

당신은 내거야 (You're MINE)

Chapter 9

 

Author

 

“We came as soon as we heard. What happened?” Byunghee asked, holding onto Seungho’s shaking shoulders. “I… I…” Seungho started but he couldn’t seem to continue what he wanted to say. He’s been shaking ever since they arrived in the hospital and his heart raced every time a doctor walks out of the operating room. Mir looked at his brother with worry-filled eyes. He knows how strong Seungho is and he’s surprised to see his brother shaken like this.

 

“Park Cheondung’s family or relatives?” a doctor announced after leaving the operating room. The three immediately looked at the doctor’s direction and Seungho ran towards him. “I-I’m with him… I’m not a relative but I was with him.” Seungho said. “We’ve successfully removed the bullet without problem. But he’s still unconscious due to the beatings he got. I’m very concerned about the broken rib and the concussion. Do you know, by any chance, what caused it?” the doctor asked.

 

“H-he was… he was beaten up with a steel bar.” Seungho said, almost whispering. His guilt started crawling back into his system again. He knows that because of him Cheondung received a beating. He knows how much Cheondung had to endure because he decided to follow them. It was all his fault.

 

“I was afraid of this. Unfortunately he has to stay in the hospital for a few weeks so we can determine his condition. We’ll be observing him to make sure that he gets taken care of.” The doctor stated. “Do you know how we can contact his family?” the doctor asked Seungho but the latter just shook his head. “I see. We’ll be transferring him to a room later on. Please wait for further notice.” The doctor said before leaving.

 

Seungho gritted his teeth and clenched his head. “This is all my fault…” the words finally slipped out his mouth. He closed his eyes and felt his whole body betray him. He fell on his knees and the two rushed by his side. “… all my fault…” he mumbled to himself. “Seungho-hyung…” Mir called in worry but Seungho doesn’t seem to hear him. Byunghee and Mir helped Seungho stand and sit on a vacant seat while waiting for Cheondung’s transfer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mir looked at Cheondung’s sleeping face and sighed before looking at Seungho and Byunghee again. “How are we going to contact his family?” Byunghee asked, obviously worried about letting Cheondung’s family know of his condition. Mir simply looked back at Cheondung. He felt a pinching pain in his chest to see his friend in a state of coma. Seeing Cheondung’s current state made him really sad and worried. Since Cheondung is his first friend he felt quite troubled that something this awful happened to him. “Do any of you know where this kid lives at least?” Byunghee asked again, wondering whether any of them have been to Cheondung’s house. Seungho was still unstable. He was only staring at Cheondung from the couch and he can’t seem to utter a single word. Byunghee sighed before tapping on Mir’s shoulder. Mir glanced at Seungho and sighed as well.

 

Later on… “Oh! I remember that the principal of the school is his cousin! When he transferred to my class the principal introduced Cheondung as his cousin.” Mir suddenly blurted, looking at his hyungs. “Then we should call the principal. Just in case he really is Cheondung’s relative.” Byunghee said. Mir immediately nodded and supported the idea but Seungho didn’t move. The two went beside Seungho and patted his shoulders. “C’mon, don’t act like this. You’re acting like he’s dead.” Byunghee said but this seemed to have triggered something inside Seungho. “He almost died because of me! Look at him now! He’s not even moving! He’s in a coma and you’re acting like everything’s alright!” Seungho suddenly snapped at Byunghee, forgetting that they were in a hospital.

 

“I don’t ing know what happened but he’s still alive! Yes, he’s in a coma but nothing will happen if we just sit here! His family needs to know what happened to him and they need to know his current condition!” Byunghee answered back. “DAMN IT!” Seungho screamed, punching the wall just behind Byunghee. Mir was surprised that his brother would even try to hit Byunghee. This was definitely not his brother, or at least he knew that something was really wrong. “If all you want to do is sulk in your guilt, go ahead and do it. But don’t forget that his family is the priority here. If you feel that way right now, what about his family? I’m sure they’re worried sick thinking about Cheondung.” Byunghee said. “You can hit me all you want later, but right now… we gotta call the principal and let him know.” Byunghee added.

 

Seungho’s angered expression softened and he leaned his head on Byunghee’s shoulder. “I’m so damn stupid Byunghee… It’s all my fault.” Seungho whispered as his arms limped on his side. Byunghee sighed before glancing at Mir. Mir suddenly hugged his brother, hoping that it will somehow help him ease the pain.

 

While all of this was happening, they didn’t notice the figure outside the hospital room door. He was raging in anger when he saw Cheondung’s condition. He felt his insides shake with rage. He was ready to kill those people who hurt Cheondung. He was prepared to do anything to avenge the man he loved. He turned away from the hospital room just when the three opened the room to leave and call the school principal.

 

When he was sure that the three were out of sight, he slid inside the room and walked towards Cheondung. His heart clenched in pain as he looked at Cheondung. He couldn’t help but stop breathing once he reached Cheondung. The pain was consuming him. Cheondung looked so fragile in his state. He wanted to take him away and just escape. He wanted to hide Cheondung and make sure that no one finds them again. He wanted to make sure that Cheondung would always be by his side.

 

But he knows that Cheondung needs the medical attention he was getting at the moment. So instead, he’ll be dealing with those bastards while Cheondung is being nursed back to health. He held on to Cheondung’s cheek and lowered himself. “I’ll make sure they pay for all this. Wait for me Cheondung-ah… When I come back… I’ll make sure you never experience this kind of pain anymore. I’ll make sure no one hurts you… I love you, my Cheondung…” Joon whispered before finally landing his lips onto Cheondung’s precious lips. There was a lingering feeling as he moved away but he needed to go.

 

He had to take care of those bastards. Unfortunately for them, he knows exactly where they are.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you sure you’ll take them all in the interrogation room? I mean… there’s plenty of them.” The police officer asked, looking at Joon who was disguised as a detective investigator. “I’m well trained for times like those. So you don’t have to worry.” Joon answered. “Well don’t you look real young to be doing this job alone?” the officer asked Joon. “I won’t be a detective investigator if I’m not capable. I may look young but I pack a whole lot of knowledge and experience. Besides, it’s easier to interrogate fools when they’re together. Do you know they always blame each other?” Joon said, acting like a true arrogant detective. The police officer nodded in agreement, “Well… if you say so. You better don’t come running back to me when they beat your up.” The police officer gave Joon the keys before heading back out. “Easy…” Joon whispered to himself.

 

Inside the interrogation room, the men who beat up Cheondung looked at each other, wondering why they were being interrogated all at once. Each of them were handcuffed to their chairs, hands and feet. “What kind of idiot interrogates all the suspects at once?” one of them whispered. “Maybe it’s an idiot.” The other one whispered back making everyone chuckle. “This is an easy escape for us then. Can you lift your chairs?” one of them asked but unfortunately the chairs didn’t seem to budge. “I think it’s screwed to the wall.” one of them answered. “This is bull. Why the hell would they need to interrogate us anyway?” one of them asked. “You know, we got caught beating up a kid.” Another one answered. “That kid deserved it. He was the one who started it anyway.” The one who complained said again.

 

“Is it ok to just leave them there like that?” one of the police officers asked Joon. “They’re already confessing their crimes and we haven’t even started the interrogation yet.” Joon said with a smirk. The police officers behind the one way mirror nodded in agreement. There were 6 of them, including Joon who were listening to the conversation happening at the other side of the room. Everything was recorded. They were all concentrating on what they prisoners were saying but truth be told, Joon was boiling inside. All he wanted to do was go into that room and beat the hell out of those idiots. If only it was that easy.

 

“Sir, the others are here.” A police said as he opened the door. “Let them in.” the other officer said. The other investigators who entered the room were actually part of the West Side Clan under Cheondung’s father. They all looked at Joon and was surprised that he got there before them. The other 5 who were originally in the room explained the matter and soon left the room.

 

“So what’s your plan?” the others asked Joon. “Beat them to death.” Joon said, gritting his teeth in anger. “You can’t really do that. Master Park is headed this way too and he plans to make the transfer himself.” One of the men said. “They’re going to die anyway so why don’t I start it?” Joon said, glaring at the men who beat up Cheondung. “I wouldn’t really intervene with this one Joon. The master is greatly angered and you might get in the way.” One of the men said. But without hesitation, Joon opened the door to the interrogation room. He surprised the men who beat up Cheondung.

 

They all silenced and look at Joon who walked slowly towards them. He smirked at them. “You guys wanna get out of here?” Joon asked in his arrogant voice. The others looked at each other. “What? Are you letting us go?” one of them said. “Yeah. The boss sent me. Told me to get you idiots out of here.” Joon said, trying to test them if they’ll tell who the boss is. “Really? That’s a relief. Did he tell you where we’d go after we get out of here?” one of the men said. “He didn’t say. He just said to call him once you get out.” Joon said, raising the keys. The men’s faces enlightened when they saw Joon lift the keys and show it to them.

 

“Hurry up and let us go then.” One of the men said. “We told the station that we’ll be transferring you to a different location so I still have to put the cuffs on you. Just so they won’t suspect anything.” Joon said. The others agreed to him and soon Joon released them from the chairs and cuffed their hands behind their back. “So where to?” one of them asked. Now that they were all standing, Joon glared at all of them and started punching them one by one. “What the heck’s wrong with you? I thought you said the boss sent you!” one of them said. “He did… He sent me to eliminate you!” Joon said, beating them up.

 

Blood started to scatter in the room and Joon was in a fit of rage. All he could see was Cheondung in that hospital bed and anger consumed him. All the men were already unconscious but Joon was still beating them. Before he could land the final blow on the one he was holding, someone held on to his arm. He looked up and saw JinYoung Park behind him. “I’m surprised by your insubordination. My men told you that they are to be transferred. We’re supposed to be interrogating them before killing them but with their current condition we might not be able to extract anything from them.” JinYoung said, showing disappointment in his face.

 

Joon looked away before standing up. “I’m sorry. I… I’m a failure.” Joon stated, looking down. “I think you need some time alone to train yet again. If something like this happens again, would you blindly attack without knowing what the truth is? I don’t think I trained you to be such a fool. If this is a tactic of the enemy, then we’ve already lost because of you.” JinYoung said. Joon looked away, agreeing to Ji Young. “I’m expecting you to become better than this Joon. Prove yourself. Prove to me that you are capable of protecting Cheondung.” JinYoung said before turning away and leaving the interrogation room.

 

JinYoung’s men entered the room and carried the half-dead bodies into the transfer van. Meanwhile, Joon ran away from the station towards his apartment. He gathered his things and took Cheondung’s picture before leaving his apartment. He headed out to the place where the master awaited him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh! He’s finally coming to!” Cheondung heard as he slowly opened his eyes to see what was happening. He saw several people in the room where he laid. “W-where… Where am I?” Cheondung whispered, trying to adjust his sight to his surroundings. It seemed to be a hospital room. He slowly sat up and saw that there were a few people in there. He wrinkled his forehead as he tried to remember what happened.

 

“I’m so glad you’re awake!!” Mir said, hugging Cheondung. “What happened?” Cheondung asked, still a bit confused. “Well it’s about time you woke up.” Cheondung heard and he immediately recognized that voice. “Uncle Boom… What’s going on? What happened?” Cheondung asked. With this said Mir, Byunghee and Seungho were all taken aback. “Yah! What are you talking about? Don’t you remember what happened to you?” Boom asked, looking closely at Cheondung.

 

“I… remember being chased but I don’t remember much after that.” Cheondung confessed, holding on to his head that was now starting to ache. “You better call a doctor kid.” Boom said to Mir who immediately rushed out the room to search for a doctor. “You really don’t remember?” Boom asked, looking at Cheondung with worry. “I… remember a bit but…” Cheondung started with the creases on his forehead doubling. He started feeling pain in his head and he immediately closed his eyes as his face scrunched in pain.

 

“I heard the patient is finally awake.” The doctor said, entering the room. “Ah yes. He’s awake.” Boom said, looking at the doctor. “It looks like you’re in pain. Does your head hurt?” the doctor asked and Cheondung nodded. “He… He also doesn’t remember why he’s here.” Boom added which made the doctor wrinkle his forehead. “I see. I figured it would have an effect on his memory.” The doctor said. “This is probably the concussion that I mention before. I was worried that he might have a hard time remembering that traumatic experience. For now, he just needs some time to rest and maybe his memories would come back on their own.” The doctor added.

 

Everyone nodded their head as they listened to the doctor but Seungho kept staring at Cheondung. The guilt was still there. He couldn’t possibly rid himself of the guilt he was feeling. Not until Cheondung gets back to feeling normal again. “If that’s the case… How long have I been out?” Cheondung asked. “It’s been about 2 weeks.” Boom answered. “2 weeks?!” Cheondung exclaimed and he suddenly remembered Joon. “Changsun…” he whispered which didn’t escape Boom’s ears. “About him…” Boom started but Cheondung didn’t have time to hear him out.

 

“Phone… I need a phone!” Cheondung said. “Why? What do you need it for?” the others asked. “Cheondung, listen to me…” Boom said. “I need it now!” Cheondung said, raising his voice. Byunghee stepped closer to him and handed him his phone. Cheondung immediately dialed Joon’s number but as soon as he put the phone near his ear, “the number you have dialed is not in service. Please—” Cheondung immediately dropped the call and tried to redial it again. Same result.

 

“Cheondung, you have to listen to me.” Boom finally said with pressure in his voice. “Changsun’s been missing since your accident.” Boom said which made Cheondung stop what he was doing. Cheondung slowly looked at Boom. “What do you mean he’s missing?” Cheondung asked, his voice obviously worried. Boom look at the others and said “If it’s ok, I’ll just talk to him privately for a while.” The doctor went out ahead. Mir and Byunghee were about to go out when they noticed that Seungho didn’t move from his spot. Byunghee immediately pulled him out of the room but he didn’t seem to want to leave.

 

“Hey, you’re gonna freak him out if you just stare at him like that and not talk.” Byunghee said. “Did you hear what he said? He doesn’t remember what happened… This is—” Seungho started but Byunghee immediately cut him off “Not your fault. Seungho, stop guilt-tripping yourself. Nothing’s gonna happen if you keep telling yourself that it’s your fault.” Byunghee said. “I’m gonna take responsibility and take care of him until he gets better.” Seungho suddenly declared which made Byunghee and Mir surprised. “What do you mean hyung?” Mir asked.

 

“I’ll take care of him until he gets back to normal and until then… when he remembers everything, I’m gonna ask him to punch me.” Seungho said. “Are you insane?! What kind of thinking is your brain doing right now!?” Byunghee asked. “I mean it Byunghee. I… I want to take care of him. It’s the least I can do with what happened…” Seungho said. Byunghee sighed. “Unbelievable. You’re just… Ugh! I give up!” Byunghee said, raising his hands in defeat. “Do whatever you feel like doing so you can get back your pride.” Byunghee said. “Byunghee-hyung!” Mir called out but Byunghee just looked pissed.

 

Just as they were talking, they suddenly heard Boom’s panic voice in the room. “Yah! What do you think you’re doing?!” Boom’s voice alerted the three and they entered the room immediately. When they did, they saw Cheondung removing his IV and all the things connected to his body. “Yah!” Byunghee called out, stepping in and stopping Cheondung alongside Boom. “Let me go! I need to find him! I don’t believe you!” Cheondung fired back, his face full of anger. “Sanghyun! Don’t be an idiot! You still need to rest!” Boom told him. But Cheondung was stubborn and he didn’t listen to Boom.

 

In annoyance, Boom hit Cheondung’s nape and he immediately fainted. “Oh! What happened?” the three asked Boom. “Aish this kid. You three better keep an eye on him while I’m out.” Boom suddenly said, getting his jacket and heading for the door. “W-where are you going sir principal?” Mir asked. “I’ll be back in a while. Make sure he doesn’t leave this room no matter what.” Boom said. The three nodded their heads and Boom left.

 

The three looked at Cheondung’s face, wondering what made him act that way. 

 

~~~***~~~

 

Hello guys!!

Here's a new chapter for you. We know it takes a while since well, we have life out there.
Kimichi is working and I'm working on my thesis, so life has been pretty hectic. OTL
We really appreaciate that you bear with us.

We hope that you'll like this update!
Don't forget to comment~
Thank you, guys~
We love yaa~

Lots of love,
Dj-Tehee and kimichi21a

m(@^___^@)m *byong~byonggg~~~!*