The Partnership

당신은 내거야 (You're MINE)

Cheondung

 

I hid behind an alley. Damn. I knew Joon would notice me but I didn’t think he grew this much better over time. The last time I saw him he couldn’t even pinpoint where I am unless I make a sound. Is it really so easy to notice me now? Have I become weaker?

 

I peeked from where I was hiding and I noticed that he had stopped. Joon was still staring at my direction but he didn’t seem to be looking at me. Oh thank God. But wait… If he wasn’t looking at me, then who was he looking at in the first place?

 

I shifted my attention behind me. Then I noticed a really pretty school girl standing in front of a cake shop. She’s probably admiring the displayed cakes in that window. I wrinkled my forehead and I tried to search my memory if I had seen that girl somewhere. Thinking that this might be the reason Joon has been away, I tried my best to remember anything about her but to no avail. I didn’t know her.

 

I gritted my teeth as I looked back at Joon. I saw someone who I despise so much. He was with Rain. Of all the guys to be teamed up with. It had to be that .

 

Let me tell you one thing. If there is anyone we should avoid, it’s Rain. He’s a psychopath. He’d do anything for his clan. Not that I won’t but he’s known as a ruthless killer. He’d kill anyone who stands in his way. I know this because I was once his partner before. I had to go with him to “investigate” this drug lord who had done people traffic and also drug related . As we got further into the “investigation”, I realized that there was something amiss about the mission.

 

When I was about to tell my father that we had found their hideout, Rain went ahead instead of consulting the leaders and he wiped them out on his own. He came out with that evil grin on his face. It was something that gave me the creeps. I kill people but only when I know they’ve done something bad. But he killed an entire gang without mercy.

 

I glared at Rain even though he couldn’t see me.

 

I noticed him lean onto Joon and whisper something on his ear. They both turned their back when the pretty school girl passed by them. They seem to be following her. My suspicions were right all along.

 

I kept my distance from them but I followed suit. I didn’t want to miss out on this. Whatever it is that Joon is hiding from me, I’m sure to find out. I won’t let him out of my sight and out of my life. If I have to make sure that I end this mission, then I will. As long as I get Joon back, that’s all that matters.

 

I noticed that they stopped and I stopped as well. I immediately blended into the crowd and sat on a nearby table by the patio. I didn’t even notice that I was sitting with someone because my full attention was on Joon.

 

The girl they were following stopped again. She was at a clothing store this time. Joon and Rain decided to wait for her outside but I sensed something was amiss this time.

 

I got up and just when I was about to leave, someone held my wrist. I looked back and saw the worst possible person to see.

 

“B-B-Byunghee-hyung…” I managed to say. I was totally surprised because I always meet him at the worst possible times!

 

“So after stealing my lady’s chair, you’re not even going to apologize?” Byunghee asked in a threatening manner. I was surprised with what he said but he didn’t seem to recognize me so this is good.

 

 I immediately looked around to see if there were any girls standing by me. To my surprise there was a girl behind me with a sad expression on her face.

 

“M-Mianhae!” I said as I bowed 90˚ to her.

 

I immediately ran towards the alley going to the back of the clothing store and just my luck, I saw the girl get on a small black car and another girl that seems to look like her came out. They probably know that someone is going after her.

 

I was feeling really lucky this afternoon because things seem to go better than this morning. The car drove straight right past me and I managed to flick a tracker on that car.

 

Wherever it’s going to… I’m gonna find out and learn what’s really happening here.

 

I triumphantly turned around, thinking that I can just go home after this and wait until the tracker stops into a certain place.

 

Of course I talked too soon about being lucky today.

 

“What are you doing here?” Joon asked me with a really cold voice. His face seems to be voided of emotions.

 

I felt chills run down my spine as I looked at him. How could he recognize me when Byunghee, who seems to be a really keen observer, didn’t? I gritted my teeth as I pretended not to know him. I tried walking past him but it proved to be a big mistake.

 

I felt my body being pulled and the next thing I know, my back slammed onto the concrete wall.

 

I groaned and as I looked at Joon’s eyes, I saw how worried he was. Despite the act of being fierce right now, I could see it in his eyes that he was worried.

 

Joon held my shoulders tighter, making me wince in pain. He became stronger too. He couldn’t even hurt me before but now… now he can. He couldn’t even lay a finger on me. Literally! But now… Now he’s giving me this kind of pain that… that… that makes me happy inside.

 

 “What are you doing here Cheondung? Are you following me?” Joon asked me.

 

I sighed, making it seem like I wasn’t in pain from his grip. “I was with a friend. I was nauseous and so I slid away and took in some fresh air.” I lied through gritted teeth.

 

“With a friend? You’re with that kid again?” Joon asked, as he did… the expression in his eyes changed into anger.

 

"What kid?" I asked, totally oblivious to what he was talking about.

 

“Cut the crap. You know fully well who I’m talking about. That brat that you’re protecting in school.” Joon said, his voice seems fiercer than a while ago.

 

I wrinkled my forehead and I pushed him away from me.

 

“He’s not the only friend I have. Neither are you. Now why don’t you go back to your friend while I’ll go back to mine!” I blasted at him. Anger eating me whole.

 

Why?

 

Because of the amused set of eyes that watched us. I hated it. I hated those eyes. I hated that lips that would grin. I hated him.

 

“Tired of your pet already?” Rain whispered but loud enough for me to hear as I passed him. I stopped on my tracks and I glared at him. “He’s not my pet. But he’s mine. So you better not touch him or else.” I threatened, although in a whispering manner.

 

“Feisty as always. I still love that about you. Too bad I had to work with him. I requested for you but he came in the way. Maybe next time I’ll get to work with you again.” Rain smirked at me and it just gave me chills down my spine.

 

When I was thinking of a comeback, he added something that made me cringe.

 

“Or maybe I can work on you instead.” Rain answered back as he bit his lips.

 

I scoffed, trying to hide my disgust. “Bastard.” I said as I walked away.

 

“What did you say to him?” I heard Joon ask.

 

“Nothing. I was wondering if you knew each other.” Rain said with a more cheerful voice.

 

I wanted to puke but I held it in. I couldn’t bear to hear his voice again. I couldn’t bear to hear him say those words again.

 

If there’s one thing I forgot to tell you about Rain… He’s a suitor… or more likely a stalker… that I’ve been trying to get away from.

 

It was all because of that mission where we worked together. He said he feel in love with me when I beat him up after he emerged from that burned down building. Since I was the first one that beat him, he even proposed to marry him on the spot that day when he was healed but I sternly refused. But he didn’t seem to get the point that I don’t like him back. He’s a psychopath and a stalker for a reason and one of them is because he will do anything to get what he wants. Which sadly includes me.

 

I sighed before going to Byunghee’s table, I removed my mask and sat on a table near them. I didn’t want him to be alert all of a sudden.

 

“Excuse me, I’ll just go to the washroom.” The girl said and she left.

 

Byunghee suddenly turned his head towards me and he sighed.

 

“That’s one stupid stunt you did there young man. Next time, try not to suddenly barge in on a date.” Byunghee said. I was surprised that he saw through me a while ago. I thought he didn’t but…

 

Really!? Am I that weak now?! Have I been lacking???

 

“Don’t overthink. I just noticed that it was you because you called me by my name. Only three people calls me by my name and basing it on your height… you’re definitely not Seungho or Mir.” Byunghee said.

 

I was a bit taken aback by this. Did he just read my mind or something?

 

I shook my head as I bit my lower lip.

 

Why the hell am I being paranoid?! Damn it… I lost all my composure when I saw Rain again. And not only that but he’s with Joon. I don’t think I should let them stay together. Rain might do something to Joon. This won’t be good if he…

 

“So what brings you back?” Byunghee asked me. Snapping me out of my thoughts. “Me? Oh…” I tried to think of a reason as I sighed.

 

“I was just… I was hoping to get something to eat.” I lied. Of course I don’t normally eat just anywhere since I’m on a strict diet.

 

I sighed as I leaned my back on the chair.  My mind seems to be floating everywhere else.

 

Just then, I saw Joon and Rain come out of the alley. We all had this moment where we all looked at each other’s eyes. I looked at Joon while they both looked at me. I noticed Rain take a glimpse of Joon and he grimaced. He turned his back first and Joon followed suit.

 

I bit my inner cheek, hoping that Rain won’t do anything to Joon. If he does… I swear to God I will definitely kill him.

 

I stood up from my chair. “I suddenly lost my appetite.” I declared and I started walking home again with my head hung low.

 

Many things started running through my mind once I was alone again. I was thinking of what Rain meant. Was this mission supposed to be mine to begin with? Then why did Joon take it? Is it because he knows that Rain might do something to me?

 

Joon knows everything about me even if I don’t tell him. I just hate the point that the most important part that he should know, he doesn’t. What is it? He doesn’t know that I love him! That’s the problem. I hate this feeling. I hate being confused for no reason. And I hate the feeling that Joon and Rain are together. I know Rain would definitely do something to Joon if he finds out.

 

Damn it… Why does everything have to be so complicated when all I want is Joon back?

 

“You shouldn’t be spacing out while walking home. Do you know how many bad people are out there?” I heard a voice that was too familiar. I slowly raised my head and I felt my heart skip a beat.

 

“Well I’m strong. I can take care of myself thank you very much.” I said full of sarcasm. He sighed and he walked straight towards me. My heart started beating faster by the second. Why does it always have to do it when Joon is going near me? Sometimes I wonder if I’m going to explode once he… damn it! Slash that thought!!!

 

“Really?” Joon asked me with an amused tone.

 

“Try me.” I challenged.

 

Joon simply smiled and he held both my shoulders. He suddenly pushed me onto a wall and pinned my hands on top of my head and he positioned his left leg in between mine. I don’t even know how he managed to do it because once I felt him touching me, I felt like my world stopped.

 

I gasped as I felt his breath by my neck. “You don’t seem to be capable enough to take care of yourself.” Joon whispered as he breathed onto my neck.

 

It tickled me but more than that it made me nervous. It was getting harder to breathe by the minute. It seems like I’m going to pass out any time.

 

“You should go back home and train some more.” I heard him say and I immediately was snapped out of my reverie.

 

I immediately changed the position. I pinned him onto the wall and this time I made sure that he wouldn’t be able to move. I positioned my right leg in between his and I immediately felt him. But it wasn’t what I was aiming for. Instead, I made sure that he couldn’t move because one wrong move then I will surely disable him in the worst possible scenario. I looked directly into his eyes with faces just inches apart.

 

“Don’t think too highly of yourself just because I’m being nice to you. I may be careless around you but you don’t have the right to tell me to go home. I will only go back home when you come with me.” I said like a threat. He seems to enjoy it though. I could see it in his eyes.

 

“And what if I refuse to go back home with you?” He asked me. I tightened my grip on his wrists and I pressed my leg closer to him.

 

“Then don’t expect me to be going home empty-handed. I get what I want, and you know exactly how I am. Whatever it takes, I’ll get you back home.” I smirked at him and I inched closer to his ear. “Even if it means to finish your mission for you.” I whispered and I let him go.

 

He seems to have been taken aback from my last statement. I’m sure he’ll go ballistic once I try to take their mission.

 

I scoffed since I’m sure of my victory.

 

Just as I started walking away from him…

 

“And what about that brat? Doesn’t he mean the world to you?” I heard Joon’s sarcastic tone.

 

I stopped on my tracks as I remembered this morning’s fight.

 

“About him…” I turned to look at Joon again. “He’s nothing compared to you.” I said and I hurriedly went to my apartment room. I immediately closed the door to melt into a puddle of emotional wreck when I heard him knock on the door again.

 

“Cheondung…” he whispered but I could clearly hear it.

 

“G-Go away!” I said, wanting to melt any second now.

 

I didn’t hear footsteps or anything moving outside the door. All I heard was his breathing.

 

“Cheondung…” I heard my name clearly but he mumbled something that I wished I understood. But if I open the door now then I’m sure I’ll say something more. Ugh!

 

Why did I even say that a while ago?! Why am I acting like a stupid teenager in love all of a sudden? Is it because I saw him with Rain? Or is it because I felt bad about the fight this morning?

 

I was already sinking into my thoughts when I heard him talk again.

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow… Please… Let me see you.” Joon said and he went to his own apartment room. I bit my lower lip as I thought of what was happening to me.

 

More importantly… Will I be able to fulfill my mission without breaking my promise to my father?

 

~~~***~~~

 

Hello everyone!!!

 

We are so happy to post another chapter of this fic.

 

We know that we have been neglecting it but... we've been busy as well...

 

and just to let you all know, this story might be updated at least once or twice a month. in a convenient way for us to properly right without being pressured neh?

 

So yeah...

 

We hope that you all like it...

 

Hope to read your comments.

Please leave one.

 

Thank you so much! 

 

And hope you all the best!

 

 

from,

kimichi21 & DJ-Tehee

m(^_^)m *byong-byong~~~*