The Transfer Student

당신은 내거야 (You're MINE)

Cheondung:

 

There! All packed up for school. Finally.

 

I sighed and looked out the window. The day seems to be really bright today. I wonder if I’ll get to see him. I’m sure he’ll be surprised to see me.

 

I flung my backpack behind me and wore my glasses. I don’t usually wear them but just for a change of image I better do. Don’t want people to get scared of me.

 

I opened the door and took a quick peek outside. Well I’m probably not gonna see him in this place. Whatever.

 

You must be wondering who I am and what I’m doing and who I mean.

 

Well, I’ll make a quick introduction. My name is Park, Sanghyun. But I’m more known as Cheondung/Thunder. I’m a son of a really powerful gang boss here in Korea and I’m well-trained in hand-to-hand combats and I’m also well trained with all weaponry. Right now, I decided to go to school because I have a mission. Well, technically it’s more of a personal mission that the normal gang missions I take.

 

The mission? To find out what’s wrong with my best friend named Lee, Changsun a.k.a. Joon. Of course, I wouldn’t go out of my way to do all of this if I didn’t like him. Well I’m not sure of it myself but when he left the main house to live on his own… I felt really empty. I wanted to be with him. I want to know where he is… who’s he with… what he’s doing… and what he’s thinking. I’m probably in love but I’d care less. All I want to do is be with him again. Or at least discover what he’s been up to.

 

My father opposed of me getting out of the main mansion of course. But I objected him and left anyway. I know he’s one of the reasons Joon left but I just can’t pinpoint why. I’m sure it has something to do with the gang. Joon is not just my simple best friend, but also my childhood friend. We’ve known each other since I was 8 and he was 10 that time. Even though we were years apart, we became really close. Instead of him taking care of me, our roles were actually reverse. I took care of him since he didn’t have such a good past.

 

So now you know who I am, what I’m doing and who I’m trying to find.

 

Oh yeah, this is my first day transferring schools so I’m quite happy to get out of the family situation for a while. This freedom is kind of nice. Of course I know my father won’t leave me alone, but as long as they don’t interfere with my plans I won’t kill them.

 

As I entered the gates of the school, all of the people were actually looking at me. Did I look strange? I think I did wear the right uniform though? Well we’re all wearing the same thing. Wonder why?

 

I shrugged my shoulders and went ahead to enter the school. I went to the principal’s office by following the map. I’m quite good at directions and once pass a place, I already memorize it.

 

I knocked on the door and the principal’s voice said “oh… Come in! Come in!” I opened the door and was welcomed by a warm smile. I sighed in disbelief and closed the door behind me. “So you’re the principal of this school uncle Boom?” I complained while looking at him. “Yes I am. And I’m really happy that you decided to transfer to this school. I’m sure you’ll bring popularity to this school.” He chuckled. I rolled my eyes and asked “so if you’re the principal here you know all your students right?” “If you’re going to ask about Joon, he’s attending this school. Although not on a regular basis and he’s always slacking off. I’ve been talking to that punk but he won’t even listen to me.” He complained.

 

I scoffed as I listened to his complaints. Seriously, even though my dad isn’t as scary as he is Joon listens to my dad. Wonder why he won’t listen to my uncle? “Uncle, I want to be in Joon’s class.” I declared. He pointed at me as if I just said a wonderful idea. His eyes were wide and his mouth flung open only to say “unfortunately you can’t! Because you’re younger than him so you’re in another class! But you have PE together.” I sighed and clicked my tongue “can’t I just be advanced? My grades are high and you know very well how capable I am.” He nodded and said “Yes, I know. But didn’t you go here as an undercover? You might want to mellow down you air of royalty and angst. Or people will surely find out about you. You know how people are, if they find out that you’re connected to gangs, they’ll all push you away and ask that you be expelled.”

 

I wrinkled my forehead and complained “why would they do such a crazy thing? That’s just stupid!” he sighed and crossed his arms in front of his chest and said while shaking his head “people are afraid of people who they know can bring harm. In this society gangs are still seen as troublemakers. Killers. Murderers. Basically EVIL. We definitely are NOT like this but we can’t change the world’s perspective just because we tell them to. We help people in ways they never will understand but we can’t simple declare that can we? People will always misunderstand so that’s why you can’t have your identity known.” I heaved a heavy sigh. Defeated. Yeah… that’s what happened.

 

“So can I at least get Joon’s schedule from you?” I asked him. He nodded and opened some of his drawers to probably find Joon’s schedule. Then he gave it to me. I looked at it and nodded. “So we have PE and Music together.” I mumbled to myself. “So should I just barge in my new class or are you bringing me there?” I asked my uncle. He stood up and said “Well, I’ll guide you there and tell them that you’re my wonderful cousin instead of my nephew so I can see their reactions and probably become popular! Oh I’m sure the girls will ask me about you!” I grunted and rolled my eyes. This uncle hasn’t changed at all. Still the same ert I knew ever since.

 

As we were about to go out, he stopped by the door before opening it. He was facing it while saying “If you ever see Joon, don’t just casually walk up to him. He has a bad record in this school and he’s known as a delinquent. I know you came here for him but you best talk to him when nobody’s around.” And with that, he opened the door and looked at me to follow him.

 

What does he mean? Why would Joon act like a delinquent? He always tells me that he hates delinquents. Why become one of them? Is he being threatened? Damn it!

 

I’ve been thinking too much that I didn’t even realize that we were already in my classroom. I just snapped out of my thoughts when the whole class gave me an applause.

 

I glared at my uncle since I know he said something really weird. Although I didn’t hear it, he probably did say that I’m his cousin. Damn it. This erted uncle of mine is just too crazy.

 

I sighed and the instructor asked me for my name “call me Cheondung.” I answered. The male students were nodding enthusiastically while the female ones were murmuring. I sighed and noticed a boy looking at me with puppy eyes.

 

There were 3 available chairs to sit on and one was beside him. So when the instructor told me to sit anywhere, all of them asked me to sit beside them. But the boy just looked at me with puppy eyes. Not even blinking. I find it really cute. I suddenly smirked at him and he finally started blinking with a little blush on his cheeks. So I decided to sit next to him.

 

I heard some students gasp. Probably because of my smirk. Then they started murmuring again. I walked towards the boy’s vacant chair and he looked a bit flustered. He looked away as I sat beside him. I looked at him then I looked at our instructor who started her lecture.

 

After the lecture was done, we’re supposed to transfer rooms to our next class. I sighed and slumped on the chair. Then I suddenly heard someone speak. “Are you… going to Trigonometry class now?” I wrinkled my forehead and turned my head towards him. He looked a bit surprised and looked away. I chuckled and said “yeah… why are you so worked up? I’m not gonna bite.” He looked at me and smiled. Cute. Seems to me that he’s a shy kid. And probably a troublemaker too. “Sorry about that… It’s just because you look like a girl… a really cute one.” He whispered mostly to himself but I heard him. I suddenly chuckled and laughed at his statement. Well, yeah… I do have facial features connected to a girl but I’m absolutely positive that I’m a guy. Well… physically.

 

“You’re funny.” I said after laughing. He was just looking at me as if spacing out. “Yah! Stop staring… You’ll fall for me if you stare too much.” I chuckled. He blushed and pouted. Cute. He huffed and looked away while saying “probably…”

 

“Hey, do you want to go to the next class together? I’m not yet used to this new place. I haven’t really been around.” I said. He looked at me and hissed… “But I thought you’re the principal’s cousin. Shouldn’t you know the places in this school?” he asked. I sighed in disbelief. “That ert didn’t even tell me he ran a school so I didn’t know about it ‘til I saw him in the office. He didn’t even walked me around. That erted old man…” I whispered the last part to myself. He wrinkled his forehead and looked away. Probably thinking if he should help me or not.

 

By then a few students suddenly went near us and asked me for information about myself. I just goofily smiled at them and answered with lies. Of course I can’t really tell them the truth now can I? After the warning shot my uncle gave me, I can’t possibly expose myself without seeing Joon yet.

 

While they interviewed me, I noticed that the boy next to me was just quietly listening. Now that I think about it, I don’t even know his name yet. I was about to ask him but the bell suddenly rang. We all looked surprised since time went by fast. We’re all late. We had to rush to our next class and so I stood up. The boy beside me slowly stood up and grabbed his things. I faced him and asked “hey, aren’t you guiding me to our next class?” He looked at me with wide eyes as if I said something really surprising. The people around me just looked at me in awe and murmurs were heard.

 

I wrinkled my forehead and looked at all of them. They were just frozen there. I didn’t really understand but I just shrugged it off. After regaining himself from the ‘shock’ he answered me, “uhm… l-let’s go then.”

 

He went ahead and I followed him. Eyes were concentrated on us and as we left the room, I heard the murmurs become louder. What’s wrong with hanging out with this kid? I wondered. I sighed and walked beside him. “Hey… are you some kind of badass student I’m not supposed to talk to?” I asked. He chuckled and smiled at me saying “I wish I was.” “So, why were they shocked that I talked to you? And what’s with the fuss?” I asked full of curiosity. He just chuckled and shook his head. “You’ll understand later.” He said. I just shrugged it off and nodded. Later then. I thought.

 

When we arrived in our next class, the instructor asked me to introduce myself again. After so, he started his lecture.

 

Later on, the bell rang and I slumped my arms on the table while facing the boy. “Hey…” I said. I sighed and looked at me quite irritated. “Can you please stop calling me ‘hey’ and ‘yah’? It’s getting kinda irritating.” He said. I smiled at him and answered “well I don’t know your name.” he looked at me with awe and carefully nodded with an ‘o’ mouth. Seriously this kid. “Mir. Everyone calls me Mir.” He said gleefully and did a peace sign beside his cheek.

 

I couldn’t help but laugh at what he did. It was really cute and girlish. Haha! He pouted afterwards saying “why are you laughing at me? You’re the first one to do that.” “Do what?” I asked. “To laugh at me.” He said while smiling. I shrugged my shoulders and asked “don’t you have friends here?” he shook his head and sighed. “Why?”  I added. “Well, you’ll know at lunchtime.” He answered with a hint of disappointment in his voice.

 

I wrinkled my forehead thinking of the reason why he would actually be acting like that.

 

Then lunchtime came.

 

“So it’s lunchtime. Mind explaining why everyone’s being weird?” I said. He looked at me and pouted then looked away. He heaved a heavy sigh and picked up his bag. “Well, since you’re a new student… I guess he won’t really be that hyped up towards you. Well time to meet the reason why everyone’s avoiding me.”

 

We both went out of the class and everyone we met were always giving way for Mir to walk through. I didn’t want to think about it but then a sudden thought occurred. If everyone is afraid of Mir… could Mir be friends with Joon? Damn… if everyone’s reaction is like this then does that mean…

 

Mir suddenly stopped walking and faced me. He looked really tensed and I just wrinkled my forehead. “What?” I asked. A bit irritated thinking that we might actually be headed to meet Joon.

 

“Well… I just wanted to say Thank you for hanging out with me today and for making me laugh and for laughing with me and for laughing at me. Thank you!” he said and bowed 90˚. I was a bit surprised but I asked anyway, “why are you suddenly saying that? It’s like I’m going to avoid you after I meet him.” He immediately looked at me and I clicked my tongue. Damn… Maybe I was right. His eyes were wide open as if shocked with what I said. I sighed and said “Well… Let’s just go.”

 

He nervously turned and walked again. I saw him grip his bag strap tighter as we walked towards what seems to be the school park. Interesting. Joon doesn’t usually hang around parks since he doesn’t like the smell of grass. I wonder if he changed.

 

I was continuously walking when Mir suddenly stopped again. I almost bumped into him. “Hey why did you stop?” I asked a bit more irritated. “You stay here first. I’ll just talk to them and… uhm… introduce you…” he said nervously. I wrinkled my forehead as he walked towards a table with 2 guys.

 

One of the guys had a blonde hair all spiked up. He had dark circles around his eyes and his lips were very much thick. Probably too much biting. Haha! He was sitting on the table and his feet on the chair. He has this really cocky attitude and the air around him feels heavy. He was holding on a boxed juice and drinking it while glaring at… me?

 

The other guy, on the other hand, looked nicer. He has a smirk plastered on his face with eyes like a hawk. He leaned on the table with his legs while his hands were on his pockets. He was also looking at…me.

 

Mir went to them and the black haired guy nodded. The blonde haired guy crumpled the boxed juice and threw it in the trash can. It actually went in. Pretty impressive. He stood up and put his hands in his pockets, never stopping his glare towards me.

 

Mir pushed him a bit and he looked away after clicking his tongue. Mir crossed his arms in front of his chest and the blonde haired guy finally nodded.

 

Mir clapped and afterwards, he went to me. “I’ll introduce you to them.” With a brighter smile. Hmmm… Something’s really weird.

 

“Seungho-hyung, Byunghee-hyung… this is Cheondung. He’s the transfer student in my class… and… my friend.” Mir stuttered. I wonder why he’d be stuttering in front of these fellows.

 

“Hello.” I greeted. Both of them looked at me. One with a curious stare and the other a glare. I sighed without showing discomfort. “Uhm… Cheondung-sshi, this is Byunghee-hyung, the vice-president of the student council and this is Seungho-hyung, the president of the student council...” Mir said. I nodded my head as I looked at them. But then the blonde hair / Seungho suddenly added “and his brother.”

 

My eyes widened. They didn’t even look like brothers. I thought they were like bullies. I wonder why people avoid him. “So they’re the reason why people are avoiding you?” I asked. Mir gasped with my sudden question. I wrinkled my forehead questioning myself if I asked a wrong question.

 

“Yah! How dare you suddenly accuse us like that?! It’s all their fault for avoiding my brother! Who do you think you are?! Just because you’re a transfer student doesn’t mean you can disrespect me!” Seungho suddenly blasted. Well, now that he’s showing his true colors, everyone must be afraid to approach Mir because of his hotheaded brother.

 

“I didn’t say anything disrespectful. I was asking a question that seems to be appropriate. No swears, and nothing rude. Not even a word of disrespect. The moment I talked to Mir everyone was murmuring and avoiding him. Who wouldn’t notice that?” I answered.

 

He scoffed and looked away then he looked back at me “You better understand one thing you punk! Mir doesn’t need anyone else but me and Byunghee. So better runaway and hide where you came from! I don’t want you near my brother again!” I shook my head and sighed. So this confirms it. His hotheaded brother threatens everyone who goes near his beloved brother. What a selfish guy.

 

“No. I don’t have to listen to you even if you are the school president. I can decide on my own and I’m staying with Mir as his friend.” I stated. He looked surprised and as I glanced at Mir, he looked really shocked. Then I suddenly heard Byunghee laugh. “Wait a minute, wait a minute… you both look cute together like that! You’re like a couple bickering!” he laughed. I wrinkled my forehead and shook my head. So this one’s a happy-go-lucky fellow. Wonder how they got along.

 

After laughing and saying that, Seungho suddenly turned to Byunghee and glared at him. Byunghee held his stomach and laughed more. “YAH!” Seungho shouted. Byunghee just held Seungho’s shoulder and panted for air. Seems like the first time he’s had a laugh in years. “C’mon pres.… he’s the first one who stood up against you. I find him really interesting. Let’s keep him.” “What?! I don’t want to!” Seungho complained. Byunghee sighed and gave Mir a slight push. Mir finally broke out from his shocked state and looked at Seungho. “S-Seungho-hyung, he’s a really cool and nice guy. I like him. He’s the first one to approach me. Please let him be my friend?”

 

I don’t know why but I suddenly chuckled with Mir’s protest. This cute little boy seems to be really under his hyung. And his hyung seems to be the overprotective kind. And there’s Byunghee. I don’t know how he fits in the picture but whatever.

 

“What are you laughing at you punk ?!” Seungho asked almost shouting. I just looked at him and dodged whatever he threw to me. Byunghee and Mir were surprised as well as Seungho. “What?” I asked them. “Y-y-you’re the first one to dodge… AWESOME!!! I’m declaring him as my BEST FRIEND! No more objections hyung!” Mir shouted and he hugged me.

 

He hugged me tightly and gave me a peck on the cheek, my eyes widened and I felt my body tense up. Seungho was frozen on his spot with eyes and mouth wide open when he saw Mir kiss me. Byunghee started laughing again and Mir just snuggled closer to me.

 

Wait… what the hell happened to the shy cute puppy-eyed boy a while ago? This boy’s crazy!

 

WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?!?!?!

 

~~~***~~~

 

Hello!!!

 

This is the first chapter of the story...

So... What do you think?

 

Is it a bit too long? aigoooo.

 

I think the story can be finished with less than 10 chapters if it's this long. hahahaha!

 

Hope you all like it!!!

 

Dont forget to

 

SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT!!!

 

Thank you!

 

from,

kimichi21 & DJ-Tehee

m(^_^)m *byong-byong~~~*