Chapter Ten

Beautiful Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ten ;

Sullenly shifting around under the blankets of the bed, Donghae yanked them up over the top of his head with a curt pull and petulantly crumpled the warm tissue between his clenched fingers. He narrowed his eyes into two disgruntled slits and threw a dark glare at the boy, who peacefully got up from the bed next to him. A low hiss threatened to flow out of his curled lips as soon as he was blatantly ignored, prompting him to grunt lowly while he watched him stretch before him with a languorous groan.

Hands raised above his head, it looked as though Hyukjae was in the midst of trying to reach for the faraway sky, the tips of his fingers seemingly ready to touch heavens as a soundless moan escaped his parted mouth. A low hum slowly rose from the back of his throat and left his lips such as a contented purring, before he halfheartedly tried to will away the numbness their past slumber had stiffened their limbs with. He groaned again and blinked dully, as though trying to flicker away a layer of sleepiness he still couldn’t get rid of despite his hardest efforts. His eyes stubbornly half-closed with thick drowsiness, a long shiver then seemed to take him when the hem of shirt went up a little, revealing a small patch of milky-white skin to the morning cold.

Donghae stalled abruptly at the luscious sight, blue orbs instantly darkening in strong craving. Mindlessly straightening up, he intensely stared at the smooth flesh meanwhile a sudden heat rushed throughout his whole body. A dizzying urge to leave his sweet bundle of covers and pull him as close as physically possible violently gripped his guts, prompting a possessive snarl to form on the tip of his tongue. Before he could do so, however, the boy hastily covered himself up again, as if he was deliberately teasing him; Donghae grunted indignantly, clearly dissatisfied.

The other didn’t even spare him a glance though, and sleepily shuffled through the dark bedroom instead. Yawning cutely, he was slowly swaying from one foot to another, such as a small kid who was still lost in a curious dream and felt too reluctant to end it so soon. He lazily walked off to his desk and confusedly bumped into a chair on his way, his mind obviously still foggy and yet to be focused. A short whine flew out of his plump lips when his hip clumsily hit the wooden object, before he dully bent down to grab on his backpack he had chucked somewhere the previous night with a complaining grumble. One hand loosely holding onto the worn handle, he carelessly ruffled his messy hair with the other one and sulked slightly.

He straightened up then, and briefly glanced in direction of his desk, only to let out an affronted gasp; books were messily piled up on the wooden surface and swiftly prompted a disapproving grimace to form on his face. Donghae bemusedly watched him try to sort them a little, moves heavy but clearly offended by the untidy sight, until sleepiness persisted and forced him to give up. The boy sighed, then yawned huskily and petulantly pushed books around.

An unsettling mixture of sensuality and adorableness tainted each and every of Hyukjae’s languid moves that morning, which destabilized the blue-eyed boy to no ends. He felt as though torn between a childish displeasure he couldn’t remember the reason of and an intense craving to reach for him – and then I’d touch, caress, kiss, , love, claim –, meanwhile odd feelings – those he had already been wondering about the night before – idly resurfaced in his wary mind.

It was as if raw hotness abruptly rushed through his veins every time he thought of the boy, both human and lupine instincts ardently aroused with rough lust and need for his lean body, whereas a pleasant warmth he didn’t recognize had indolently started to ripple through his chest as well; a sort of silky sentiment that was more peaceful and distinctively lovelier. A bubble of slow, intense heat seemed to bloom in his chest and swell a bit harder each times Hyukjae granted him one of his beautiful smiles, making a somehow sweet passion spread through him in languid but fierce waves.

Could it only be a sort of short-lived fascination he would instantly forget about the next day? he wondered. Or perhaps was it just plain lust that had gotten him momentarily confused?

Was it merely all of the above, or was it already a sentiment so much stronger he still didn’t dare to put a name on it?

Donghae didn’t know, and truthfully wasn’t sure if he wanted to or not; it was as though he knew a raging storm was coming his way, loud and menacing as it approached, but didn’t have a single clue whether he was fully prepared for it yet. I can’t do that, a voice sternly whispered in his head. I won’t do that – I won’t chose him.

In fact, the rare act of Choosing had always been a matter the raven-haired boy was careful about. Although most wolves of the pack admired and longed for it to happen, all he could fathom about its shady concept was the emotional coercion it seemed to compel them into, as well as the horrible pain it could easily induce at any time. Choosing someone was, after all – at least from what he had gathered –, a sort of powerful attachment that supposedly aimed at making their feelings for their lover grow even harder and faster than they already were, and sometimes that for the rest of their life. It was a one-sided link that was meant to entangle their own vibrant feelings and a wholehearted faithfulness for their most precious person together, until it became the strongest kind of bonds shape-shifting people like him could undergo; something, he thought darkly, that might harm us all.

Knowing all this, Donghae had always made a point not to ever involve himself in an actual relationship, in spite of his friends’ greatest efforts. Though when he considered how some of his closest pack-mates had turned out badly hurt because of it – Sungmin still mourned over his loss every once in a while when he thought nobody was watching –, he couldn’t help but think his decision was for the best. It must be, he firmly told himself.

But even when all was said and done, the thought of Choosing someone remained to be one of those that scared him the most. It made his insides shift strangely, as though he couldn’t quite decide whether he was curious or horrified with the idea of emotionally linking himself to somebody else – and most importantly, of linking himself to Hyukjae.

Flinching, Donghae looked up, eyes thickly shadowed with conflicted distress as he intently stared at the boy.

Unaware of his attentive stare on him, the latter let out a small, innocent yawn. He idly scratched an itchy spot on his nape and blinked listlessly, then threw a critical look in direction of his textbooks. Opening one at a random page, he frowned in thoughts and briefly studied the worn timetable he had taped up on the wall with pursued lips. The blue-eyed boy narrowed his eyes at the sight, before growling threateningly when he swiftly remembered the initial reason of his annoyance.

Hyukjae startled at the low protest, distractedly putting back down a mathematics book, and turned around in slight surprise.

 

An amused grin lazily spread on his plump lips when their eyes met, effectively dissipating his dark thoughts in one fast , before he casually leaned a hip against the edge of the desk. “Are you still sulking?” he asked him with a voice hoarse from sleepiness.

 

Donghae’s insides shifted excitedly at the husky sounds, needing to hear more and more of it. As he barely held back the urge to kiss him hard until they wouldn’t be able to breathe anymore – be it on the bed, on the floor or against the wall if he had to –, he loudly growled again. “What if I still am?”

 

Smirking faintly, the other nonchalantly crossed his arms on his chest as a few messy dark locks fell across his forehead. “That’d be too bad, isn’t it?” he hummed innocently, shrugging. “It wouldn’t really change anything, sadly; I’ve still got to go to university, Donghae.”

 

“University is overrated,” he immediately snapped.

 

Hyukjae laughed lightly and nodded. “Now that’s something I’m sure we could agree on,” he smiled, before straightening up and throwing a glance at his backpack. He put it back down on his chair, then continued, “But still; as much as I’d like to stay home, I need to study and prepare for that test and presentation I told you about. I already skipped yesterday – I can’t afford pulling that off twice. I’d be way too behind with lessons and exercises, and people will start talking if I don’t show up soon.”

 

A displeased grunt flew out his curled lips as the blue-eyed boy bristled under the duvets. “Let them,” he persisted. “I want you to stay here; with me.”

 

The boy paused at that, and curiously tilted his head to the side.

“Why?” he eventually asked, as a small but pretty grin pulled at the corners of his lips. “What are you so scared of, hmm?” Forgetting about his textbooks, he gave him a pensive look and idly made his way back to the bed.

Donghae tensed abruptly, watching him come nearer with wide eyes as he suddenly felt afraid he might have read right through his bothered soul. His fingers curled tightly around the bed sheets while he warily studied him, waiting for him to speak again.

The other only heavily flopped down onto the mattress however, and whined as he demandingly tugged on the warm duvets. As soon as he was comfortably hidden underneath, he hurriedly nestled himself against his arm and contently hummed under his breath, before boldly flinging an arm across his stomach. Donghae yelped at the sudden weight, prompting him to giggle softly.

A sensual mood of unfocused mind seemed to be still lingering around him meanwhile he cozily wriggled closer to him; it was as though it had blended together with his hypnotizing fragrance, strawberry and woody undertones making his own skin lustfully prickle in needy pleasure. His usual brightness and innocence were thickly shadowed with a sensuous beauty he wasn’t used to feel, beautifully curving his whole aura into something that was more heated and intimate. The boy looked up at him then and grinned lazily when their eyes caught again, before he playfully bumped the tip of their nose together.

“It’s not like I’m going for ever, am I?” he throatily continued afterwards, hazel eyes half-closed in renewed drowsiness. They lightly fluttered shut a second after, before he fully pressed himself against him with a pleased rumble as if he was about to let himself fall asleep again. The raven-haired boy frowned as his sleepy features, and stubbornly pinched his sides to stop him from doing so. He earned a satisfying squeal of surprise, before a small glare was sent in his direction.

“Don’t do that,” Hyukjae whined childishly as he sulkily buried his face into the crook of his neck. “I’m sleepy.”

 

“Then stay,” Donghae coaxed with a softer voice and wrapped possessive arms around his narrow waist. “Tell me you’ll stay and I’ll let you sleep all you want.”

 

Happily letting himself being brought closer to his chest, Hyukjae sighed contentedly and relished into his embrace.

The blue-eyed boy smirked in utter satisfaction when he swiftly relaxed within his arms, and slowly brushed the tip of his nose along his temple, cuddling him as tenderly as he knew how. One of his hands languidly soothing patterns along his back, before foxily lingering on his thin hip. He gripped possessively on the flesh, then snuggly pressed the side of his face against the top of his head.

“Stay,” he repeated as he sweetly nibbled on his earlobe, vehement in coaxing all his barriers down. The other gasped soundlessly and shivered against him, but didn’t move away. “You can sleep as much as you want if you stay in bed with me.”

 

Hyukjae’s shoulders slumped slightly in his arms as if he was finally giving in to him; but just as he thought he had finally won a hard battle, he opened one eye and stared at him with amusement shining within sparkly hazel. “You’re cute,” he stated with a chuckle. “But no, you manipulative mutt.”

 

Soft lips teasingly brushed the side of his neck, prompting him to shudder heatedly, before he dully got up and slipped through his fingers as though he was only made of thin wind.

Groaning, he heavily lied down on the floor instead, and shivered when the chilly parquet pressed against the bare skin of his arms as he languorously stretched again. “Stop trying to tempt me with more sleep,” he grunted with an adorable pout. “That’s so unfair.”

 

“I’d say it depends whether it’s actually working or not.” Straightening up along with him, Donghae propped himself up on his forearms and made sure not to lose sight of his sharp features. “It’s already half past ten o’clock though,” he said smugly after a glance at the alarm clock on the night stand. “You’d still be late for classes even if you went now, no?”

 

The boy raised an eyebrow at him, before he rolled on his sides and snickered loudly. “Nice try,” he snorted. “But it’s Thursday – I only start at noon on Thursday. Try harder next time, you sneaky little puppy.”

 

A pillow was promptly thrown at his self-satisfied face in retaliation.

 

“I’m not a puppy!” he indignantly growled at him, prompting Hyukjae to burst out laughing. “And I’m not little either!”

 

“Sure you’re not, Peanuts,” he , his whole body lightly shaking with laughter as he pushed himself up on his elbows. “I bet you’re –”

 

An offended snarl rising from the back of his throat, Donghae slid down the bed in a flash and reached for him before the other could properly sit up.

With a warning hiss, he fiercely settled himself on his lap, and accusingly bit on the side of his jaw; a shocked yelp reached his ears while Hyukjae was promptly quietened. He then tightly curled trembling fingers around his arms and hesitantly lapped at the small bruise, only to make sure he was there and nowhere else – and maybe to apologize a little, too. Tilting his head up, he finally locked his gaze with the boy’s, pace careful and hesitant, and pleasantly noted the faint blush that had spread across his face. Curiosity and slight worry seemed to have taken over his embarrassment however – it was still so fascinating to realize how he could read him that easily –, as he kept silent despite the pink hue his cheeks were nicely colored with.

Donghae opened his mouth and warily tried to voice out the words that were stuck on the tip of his tongue, only to fail miserably; frustrated, he snarled under his breath and looked away, prompting Hyukjae to blink questioningly at him. The latter distractedly rested a hand on his waist, which effectively focused all his attention back on him, and lightly ran his fingers through his messy hair. It was as though he meant to calm him down and exactly knew what he needed to do, wordlessly petting him meanwhile he waited for him to tell what was on his mind.

 

The raven-haired boy grimaced at his own mortifying attitude, but still deeply breathed in. “You are coming back,” he finally stated. His voice was stern and demanding, though his blue orbs slightly wavered in uneasiness. “After your day at university; I want… – you need to come back to me.”

 

Mildly confused, Hyukjae frowned at him. “Is this what all the drama was about?” he chuckled, tone gentle and – he dared to think – almost loving.

 

Donghae bared his teeth for a second, then reluctantly nodded.

 

“Of course I’m coming back, silly,” the boy laughed as he lightly bumped their forehead together.

 

He smiled sweetly at him and then brought him closer, affectionately kissing the top of his head. Letting out a pleased whine, Donghae shivered a little and pressed himself closer.

 

“You won’t get rid of me that easily, I can assure you that,” he continued as he tenderly his head, pulling purrs after purrs out of his mouth. “And anyways; I want you to drive me to and from university, so it’s not really like I’m giving you an actual choice, is it?”

 

Chuckling fondly, he pecked his forehead a last time and teasingly ruffled his dark hair, before finally getting up. The blue-eyed boy mildly snarled at him when he was promptly shoved aside and moodily swatted his hand away, though he stayed quiet and a bit more at ease.

 

Somehow, it seemed like Hyukjae always knew what to say to make him feel much, much better.

 

 

 

In spite of his greatest efforts and most unyielding stubbornness, Donghae scowled when he was still promptly shoved outside the bedroom a while after the boy stated he could dress for university on his own. Huffing unhappily – he would have been more than delighted to stay a bit longer –, he stomped down the stairs to the ground floor while a disgruntled pout pulled the corners of his lips downwards. Incoherent grumbles rose from the back of his throat at the same time that he curtly pushed his fists into the pockets of the jeans he had borrowed earlier and headed for the drawing-room, moodily looking around him as he did so.

A delicious fragrance of coffee – most probably prepared by the boy’s father, he guessed – reached his nostrils when he prudently stepped in, prompting him to sharpen his instincts in case the two of them weren’t alone in the house. Keeping his ears widely open, he carefully sniffed the warm air and easily recognized faint undertones of bitter brew and Hyukjae, before he glanced up at the ceiling as though he could watch through it. Only a peaceful silence prevailed however, if not for the quiet noises the other made in his room and the faint rustle of little animals in the woods. This fact allowed him to relax a little as it meant he could roam around a bit more freely, at least until the boy would come down and pester him about university again.

Slightly appeased, Donghae straightened up and absentmindedly glanced around the empty living-room. He was surprised to find it clean, and empty of any traces that could have hinted at what had happened the night prior; except for a dark blotch dirtying the creamy walls, it was as though everything he had caused were only the sharp remnants of a bad dream that still felt too real. He frowned at the neat room and at the large stain, fingers minutely clenching in his pockets as he wondered how tough it must have been for Hyukjae to clean everything up; it made him realize, too – and not for the first time –, how much he would deserve it if the latter ever became mad at him.

Scrunching his nose up guiltily, the blue-eyed boy curtly turned around and stomped towards the kitchen, determined to quest for a large cup of strong coffee.

But before he had the time to make more than a couple of steps, the bell shortly went off and echoed throughout the whole house. Hissing in irritation, he cringed at the shrill sound and hastily covered one of his sore ears; his head then perked up in concentration as he sniffed the air, before a frown creased his forehead – it was no body odor he recognized.

Eyes narrowed in wariness, the raven-haired boy soundlessly went to the front door, his steps as soft as a whisper on the creaking parquet. The minute that he reached the dim entrance, he quickly hid in the shadows and lowered his stance into a defensive one, until he was sure he wouldn’t be seen. He then took a quick glance in the peephole, before bristling almost immediately at the sight; a handsome man who looked to be around their age, although he seemed to be taller than both of them, stood at the other side of the door. His expression was strangely hopeful and expectant, which made his guts twist possessively and prompted an irritated growl to twist his features.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter