Prologue

Beautiful Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

prologue ;

“ Rain. Wood. Mud. Humans.

There was nothing the huge animal couldn't notice as he ran through the wide forest, feeling the heavy drops of rain fall on his soaked fur. Snaking in and out between the tall trees, all his senses were on the look-out as he made an effort to push even harder on the muscles of his strong legs. He was running at an incredibly fast speed, even for a beast of his stature and of his young age. His paws were hitting the dirty ground of the forest without the slightest noise, only the low and menacing grunts leaving his muzzle indicated about his presence to the other small creatures present.

He wasn't thinking about anything. Only his wild instinct was guiding him through the woodland. His thoughts were only a row of blurry and incoherent images, those that were simple enough for an animal like him to comprehend. He could only grasp that the trees and the vegetation surrounding him were familiar, the clear chirping of the numerous birds calming his wild nerves. Soon, he slowed down in his tracks, throwing his head back as he let out a long and loud howl into the dark night. Almost immediately, a similar yowl answered his own, giving his position. It was faint, but clear enough for the animal to speed up again toward the sound.

 

The wolf somehow knew he was drawing closer and closer to one of the mates of his pack, but when he made a wild jump to avoid a bunch of terrified bunnies on his way, something made him stop dead in his tracks. Frozen, he whipped his head around and sniffled, his unusually blue orbs looking for the source of the strong scent that had reached his nostrils. It was an odd combination of perfumes that his lupine head couldn't name, but it was simply hypnotizing. And human. The young wolf made hesitant steps, hearing but not listening another distant howl of his pack-mate as he let out a curious bark. His ears fluttered as his long tail waved from left to right, his paws taking one step at a time as he carefully walked toward the intoxicating scent. He sniffled again, his instinct screaming at him how dangerous it could be but he kept moving still.

 

The wolf p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter