Main Winners

Treat Me a Fic!

Main Winners

HONORARY MENTIONS

Unlike the Supporting Awards, the Honorary Mentions are awards that I did not plan on giving, but in the end, given the amount of fics that actually also deserve to be on the Winners list, I decide to award the following fics as well. In a way or two the following are the 4th – 8th place (in no particular order, because it is a pain to my head to really decide on the winning order, haha)

 

This is like the awards between the Winners and the Best of OTPs, and the Honorary Mentions are entitled for a prize of 500 karma points each.

 

So, again, without further ado, the following are the honorary mentions who nearly make it to the Winners spot (in NO particular order):

 

1.            Rocketing Away by yingjumeihua (Yongseo)

 

                The plot itself may not be too special, but I do love the thorough analysis on characters, the careful progress of relationships, and the fluidity of the plot itself. The ending is very fitting and gives a sense of comprehensiveness and completeness of the story. Might not the type of story one wants to read if s/he is looking for dynamic plot or a heart-racing storyline, but this is definitely a warming read suitable to one's heart.

 

2.            The Happy Committee, by onigirisama (Jongstal)

 

                Me giving a comment in this story will probably ruin the fun, really. This is just the type of fiction that you just have to read. Go enjoy the story as a first-reader. Ah, this is hard, because I want to promote this story (it really deserves it), without sounding too much of a spoiler brat. There are some conclusion that are slightly loose-ended, but there is a bonus story which hopefully will tie the endings (the bonus story is not completed, unfortunately). Sorry, just read this story. Really. Just read it.

 

3.            Heartbeat, by sooyoungieunnie. (Kyuyoung)

 

                The writing style may not be the best, the characters may seem to be a bit stereotypical at times (thank goodness the development is smooth), the plot is not extraordinary, BUT, this fiction truly has the capacity to grab one's heart and I'm really in love with this fiction. Not saying that the writing technicality in this fic is bad –it definitely isn't. It's just that, it's the kind of fic that seems 'mediocre' at first, but actually it really can pull the strings of your heart, and have you genuinely care for the characters –and wouldn't this be more important than writing technique itself, hm?

 

4.            Weird, by vanilla1211 (Yoonhae)

 

                I love the emotion, the thrill, the corrupted beauty of this fic. This is the kind of fic that kinda has 'claws' that grip your heart –kind of letting you feel suffocated, in a good (and painful way). The plot is not dynamic, but the concept is strong enough to make up for it. And I don't care about the plot at this point, really. The characters' emotion and turmoil really pull me in. I am absolutely in love with this fiction. Don't forget to read its counterpart –Normal, as well!

 

5              Tick Tock, Tick Tock, by scintillant (Heesica)

 

                The only thing hampering this fic for achieving more, personally, to me is there's too much confusion in it –it kind of reduces the level of entertainment. Nonetheless, I cannot doubt that this fic is written beautifully, with intriguing characters (could have been slightly more layered though), and technically it is quite a killing package. Just get the message crossed more, and this fic would have been better.

                

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...

 

Winners

 

And of course, the Top3! Boy, it was sure a definite hard choice, but here we go...

 

On the Third Place, we have Tryst, by Moonflower_515 (Jaenana)

 

                The idea and concept may not be one of a kind, BUT, the building of the suspense really 'fools' the readers, in a good way. This story is indeed a BAM! Characterizations could have been improved –they are intriguing, but at the same time, a bit flat. Nonetheless, the plot and the writing style makes this fic all the much very enjoyable. The writing style is also lovely and beautiful. I love the feeling of reading the ending part. It's an absolutely gorgeous fanfiction! 

 

 

 

 

 

On the Second Place, give way to Suicide Circle, by –heartfelt (Jaenana)

 

                Another case of, "too bad it's not completed." However, despite it not being complete, the available chapters have shown sufficient plot development, marvelous characterization technique, and gorgeous writing style and other writing mechanics. I am thus then convinced this fic deserves this award. The plot may not be the most 'creative', considering it's generally (though not mainly) a combination of numerous series (the authors mention Suicide Circle and Mirai Nikki –both of which I have also already read), but the plot is still enjoyable and the characters give a livelier sense of the story. A thrilling read indeed.

               

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And finally, the winner of this contest, the First Place goes to:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 i will take the sun into my mouth, by kisoap (Jongstal)

 

                It's... like a feeling. Like when I first read the title, I immediately know this fanfiction will be worth considering for. Of course, I didn't know it would get to be on the 1st place, but I was sure this fic would be something. And after reading it, it lives up my personal expectation –if not, more. The emotion, the feeling, the progress of characters and everything are just wonderful. A definite bonus of how realistic and plausible everything is –gives a better and a strong sense of connection between the readers and the story. Writing style is a definite enjoyment right from the first paragraph – I really am enjoying and loving and spazzing over this fanfiction. The story is conclusive and it gives you a satisfied feeling. The writing technicalities are definitely covered and nailed perfectly, but again, what actually grants this fiction the first place is how the feeling, how the emotion really gets crossed to the readers.