Best of Each OTPs

Treat Me a Fic!

Best of Each OTPs

As promised, each winner will be entitled for 250 karma points –except for the entries that are not finished. As provided in Chapter 2 (Rules and Additional Remarks), if any winner has not completed the story, the karma points given will only be 1/2 of what you actually deserve (i.e. for Best of Each OTPs = 125 karma points). For the winners, let me know once you've finished the story, and I will give you the remaining karma points you deserve. 

 

1.            Heesica: Just Give Me a Minute, by forevernever

               

                I really, really like the drabbles! Too bad it's still incomplete. The plot may not be the best (but then again, I believe drabbles focus more on characters and characters' interaction), however, I really love the writing style and the realistic viewpoint of this drabble set. There are some parts that seem choppy, mostly due to the writing style –the style did kind of 'force' the plot to be 'compressed.' But overall, I completely enjoy the drabbles and I really am craving for more!

 

2.            Yoonhae: The Rose's Thorn, by butterflyxox

 

                Admittedly, the theme of this fic is not the first ever in this semi-contest (believe me, the sick/death fic in this semi-contest are more than I originally thought there would). But among the similar-themed fanfictions, I like this entry for its subtleness and the slightly different approach it takes to explain the storyline. The writing is decent –not the most engaging writing style, but still enjoyable.

 

3.            Kyuyoung: Tempo di Dio, by sooyoungie-unnie

 

                A fic that I can totally spazz –on a fangirl viewpoint because Kyuhyun and Sooyoung's chemistry in this fic is just adfkl;jasdfkas. But on a more objective level, I love this fic for appropriately building the suspense in a surreal and lovely way. The story just drags you into it and everything flows after that. There could have been more, more explanation, more background, but overall, it is a very likeable and enjoyable fiction that can make my heart raced.

 

4.            Jaenana: none                                 

 

                There are reasons why there is "no" Best Jaenana here.  Next chapter will explain it.

               

5.            Jongstal: Predator, by bluesnickers364

 

                If. If only this fic is completed, there is a huge possibility this fic will end up in the main winners list. Sure, there are other incomplete stories in the main winners list, but Predator, unfortunately, does not seem to even have reached the middle the part of the story. Nonetheless, there's gotta be a good reason why I put it as a best OTP, because, damn, this fic is really good. There are so many promising features of this fic. The characterization is absolutely praise-worthy, love it. Definitely a good and recommended story.

 

6.            Hyukfany: The Promise to a Damsel's Plea , by  AiLovEUnnie

 

                The only Hyukfany entry in the contest and while I do think there are several aspects that need to be fixed, I do like this fic for contemplating more on a sibling relationship (not on the romantic side). There is, of course, a potency in this fic. The idea may not be totally unique, but  if it is organized a bit more neatly, it actually can be another tear-jerker.

 

7.            Minyul: Blank Pages, by –betterthanyou

 

                I absolutely regret why this fic is not completed, because once it is completed, I have a hunch it will be a deadly epic story. Fantasy is one of the hardest genre to write –specially because one really needs to describe a whole new realm to the readers. Despite not being complete, there are definite points that make me feel this deserves to get an award on its own. Characters, premises, writing style are superb. If only it's completed, this fic may even rank within the main winners list.

 

8.            Yongseo: He Said, She Said, by circee

 

                The characters intrigue me, and I think the characterization is really what saves this spot for this story. One of the main characters does feel bland, but the other characters are actually very layered and very, very intriguing. The story is also unfortunately incomplete, but the first chapter has also been quite interesting –there are some question marks and possible plot holes, BUT, mostly it's only because the story is incomplete. I quite expect this story, and well, we'll see how it'll roll later.

 

9.            Hongna: One Lie, by butterflyxox           

 

                I like the theme where someone is being a martyr, although of course, my personal preference does not actually guaranty/secure any award. Anyway, given more emotions to this fic, this slice-of-life type of fanfic could be better. It is quite cute (or bittersweet actually) the way it is right now, but it could have been better.