The misery ends here.

My guardian angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai's POV

She returned with a piece of wet cloth and placed it onto my forehead. I patted the empty space beside me and she sat down. 

"How are you feeling now? Are you hungry? You have not taken your breakfast yet." She asked.

"I'm feeling much better now, thank you. I- grrr " my stomach helped me to complete my sentence, making my face flush in embarrassment. 

"I'll make you some hot cakes. Rest well okay? I'll be back in a while." She chuckled ever so sweetly.

I nodded as I watched her making her way to the door. Just by watching her smile made me feel better instantly, as if I had recovered fully. I sat up and stretched, with the words "I like you" ringing in my head. I smiled to myself. From now on, everything's going to be perfect.

--End of POV--

You were humming to your favorite tune while mixing the batter, when footsteps were heard making their way towards you. You frowned.

"Kai? Why are you still here? I told you to rest!" You asked agitated, not turning around, still focusing on the mixture in front of you. No reply.

"Kai??" You asked again, waiting for a reply. Still no reply. You raised a brow in curiosity, wondering what he was up to. Just as you were going to turn around, you felt his muscular arms around your slim waist.

Your eyes widened in shock as you let the wooden spoon carelessly slip out of your hand. You felt your knees getting weaker. The both of you stayed in that position for a moment, until the hug finally registered in your mind.

"Yah! What are you doing?!!" You flinched, trying to shove him away from you but to no avail, only to feel his grip around your waist tightening. You were obviously no match to his strong arms. He rested his head on your shoulder, and you wished that you could stay like this forever, secretly. You turned your head to the side, in attempt of hiding your blushing face, your cheeks beginning to feel warm.

"Kai...." You said, tugging onto his arms.

"Kai??" You tilted your head to find him asleep soundly on your shoulder.

"Yah!!" You shook your shoulder where his head was resting on, trying to wake him up, but to no avail.

You dragged him to the living room and placed him down on the sofa before making your way back to the kitchen.

You felt dizzy and light headed, not too sure if what just happened was a dream or not, because it feels so real but at the same time, it's feels like a dream. You shook the thought of it out of your head and smiled sheepishly. You turned the stove on and set the pan above it, before proceeding to pour the batter into it carefully. 

--------------------

You placed the pile of pancakes onto the dining table, its irresistible aroma wafting throughout the house.  

"Kkamjong.... Breakfast is ready!!" You shook him. 

He stirred before opening his eyes slowly,introducing them to the delicious meal prepared for him on the table.

"Gomawo Eun Mi-ah. How long have I been sleeping?" He asked, rubbing his eyes.

"You fell asleep not long ago, when.... anyway, eat your breakfast now, pali!"

He got up and made his way to the dining table. You sat beside him, staring at him. *DARN. He looks so dazzling.* You felt as if you can stare at him like that forever. You watched him as he picked the fork up and popped a piece of pancake into his mouth, totally not expecting him to turn his head and meet your eyes suddenly. The both of you looked at each other for a while before you quickly turn your head,facing the front to avoid his gaze while he cleared his throat. You face-palmed yourself mentally, realizing that you've been caught red-handed for staring at him. You felt the atmosphere growing intense as a period of awkward silence took over, until he finally spoke up. 

"Aren't you going to eat anything?"

"Nope, I'm not hungry." You replied simply.

Another period of awkward silence took place again, both of you still dazed.

"So, you live here alone?" He quickly found something to say again, trying to break the tension.

You remained silent for a moment before answering bluntly, "Yea." 

He sensed that something was wrong from the look of your face and decided not to carry on with the conversation before it turns sour. He stood up after popping the last piece into his mouth.

"Thanks for everything. I guess I'll take my leave now. Hope to see you more around in school."

You walked him to the door and unlocked it. 

"Bye!" You faked a smile and waved to him, watching him as the distance between the both of you grew bigger and bigger.

"Kai.." 

"Yes?" He turned around to face you.

You hesitated for a moment, before shaking your head and replying, "Nothing."

You felt really sad, because you felt that this may be the first and last time you get to hang out with him. When you guys return to school, you would probably be living the same boring life everyday. You didn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter