Chapter 6

Why I Like You

- Kyuhyun’s POV -

Aishh… why is that girl driving me crazy? I thought to myself as I sat in the car. I thought back to earlier when I held her wrist. I didn’t want to scare her though I wanted her to notice me…

Everything wasn’t turning out the way I wanted it to… I didn’t mean to fall for her…

 

- Flashback (a few months earlier) -

It all happened in a flash. One moment she was alive, the next she was gone… I didn’t mean to hurt her!

“-hyun Kyuhyun! It wasn’t your fault! Let’s go! The cops are coming!” Leeteuk said to me as he tried to pull me away from the woman’s body.

I kept crying and screaming out “I’M SORRY!” in hope that it would make her alive again. I didn’t mean to get into a fight with them… I didn’t mean to make someone else involved…

Our gang, Super Junior were just playing around the nearby gang outside a nearby office. The other gang SHINee suddenly pulled a knife on me and I knew they meant business then. When he went to stab me, a woman came by and got stabbed instead. I caught her body as she fell down.

The gang SHINee ran off like wimps and left us with the body. She smiled at me as she lost more and more blood.

“Y-Young man… tell my Seohyu- My Seo Joo Hyun… t-that I will always love her…. Please take care of her for me…” she said to me. I nodded and started to cry. Why would she save a stranger’s life? My life? The gangster Cho Kyuhyun…

 

From then on, I quit the gang and vowed to look for this girl. I tried to become a better person to make the life she saved a good one.

Even though I was still a rich kid with a bad attitude, I helped people behind the scenes by helping those less fortunate. I didn’t want to show others my pitiful side to people who weren’t close to me so the only people who knew the real me were those who were close to me.

I tried harder in my studies so that I could become a lawyer… I hated how there were so many of these bad people in the world, even though I was one of them… I wanted to bring justice to them.

Even though I was already attending Chunhwa, I was only accepted because of money. Even though I was naturally smart, I fell to the rank of #68 but soon rose the rank of #1 in a short amount of time.

I wasn’t very happy at school because of my parents praising me the whole time bragging to others that I was the best kid ever. I didn’t think so; I thought everyone could be smart if they tried.

Until the day I stumbled across a small restaurant near our school. I saw an average looking girl with glasses and her hair in a bun through the window. She was… interesting looking…. Way different from the girls I usually met.

I smirked and walked off to the car wondering how a girl looked so happy wiping the tables. She didn’t even have a life of luxury like mine… I could get whatever I wanted!

The next day I found myself going to same restaurant, looking at the same girl. She’s actually quite pretty I thought to myself wondering if making her wear other clothes would make a difference.

I made a habit of walking past there to see her and went for 2 weeks. I even started wanting to go inside to talk to her but I could never gather up my courage to do that.

 …Until that day when one of the gangs that we beat up came to meet up with me. 3 burly looking men looked down on me and all I did was smirk.

I led them into the restaurant to talk, after all, that would make an opportunity to talk to her…

She sat us down and brought tea for us. Cute… I thought as she put the tea down and then left.

The man in the middle then shouted at me, “YAH! CHO KYUHYUN!”

Another man shouted, “Our boss told us that you’ve been giving him trouble lately,”

I smirked at him and I felt the presence that the girl was still there, watching.

I thought that I should’ve taken care of them before they wrecked the restaurant. I took out my wallet and gave them all the money I had in there.

“Yah, that was a long time ago and I think you should leave before you make any mess, I’ll give you two times the amount of that money next time, just leave and I won’t hurt you as well,” he said to them, hoping that the girl wouldn’t come now.

They nodded and saw that the girl was coming. “Yah! Just play dead for now!”

They nodded again and fell to the floor.

She came to my table and saw the men squirming on the floor. Quick! Make an excuse! I thought to myself and said to her, “Oh, don’t mind them; I’ll clean it up later. Oh and can you get me a bowl of pork chops with rice.” I really liked eating pork chops… might as well have made the best of the situation!

She nodded and went back into the kitchen. I sighed, glad that I had time to think about what to say to her.

She sat down two more customers and they stared at the bodies. The men twitched and one looked up at me. I shook my head to tell them to not move.

The girl approached me shyly and asked as respectfully as possible, “Umm… excuse me… Kyuhyun ssi, are you going to move them soon? Because I think the customers are uncomfortable at the moment."

I was shocked with how she called me ‘Kyuhyun ssi’… it was cute. I then replied, “Wait… how do you know my na- Oh they’ll be gone soon.” I had forgotten all about the bodies when I saw her approach me.

I felt my phone vibrate and heard it ring and the girl had left to attend to my order. It said –Umma- on my phone. “Umma? What’s wrong?” I said.

She said kindly, “Well Kyu~ We found another girl for you~ We’re planning to make a meeting on Saturday! I couldn’t wait to tell you so I called! That’s all I wanted to say~ Bye, I love you~” She hung up and I said, “Bye.”

During the call, I quickly motioned for the men to leave, after noticing that the two customers that come in earlier were whispering about whether they should leave. The men tried to leave as scarcely as possible, motioning that they had their eyes on me. I gave them a smile and a quick wave as they exited the small restaurant. Soon after, the girl returned with my order, placing it in from of me. “Enjoy the food~”

I looked at her and thought of a plan. I grabbed her arm and looked at her more clearly, “You’ll do,” I said and couldn’t help but feel my heart beating faster.

 “But we’ll need to do a lot of work. What’s your name?” I finally said.

She was silent for a bit but it must’ve taken time to process her thoughts. She then answered me, “Seo… Seohyun.”

Seo-hyun? I thought to myself. The girl I was looking for was in front of my eyes this whole time…

I smiled and said to her, “Nice to meet you Seohyun. You’re going to be my girlfriend for a day.”