Chapter 2

Why I Like You

He smiled and said, “Nice to meet you, Seohyun. You’re going to be my girlfriend for a day.”

I pulled my arm away, blushing as my heart started beating as fast as a bullet train. “W-What do you mean? G-Girlfriend” I asked him. What did it mean to be a girlfriend? I don’t even know what love is… let alone the difference between like and love…

He nodded and smiled innocently. As I looked at his smile, I felt a slight tug at the side of my skirt. He was pulling my phone out of the pocket and I tried to scream but the sound wouldn’t come out.

“T-That’s mine!” I told him since I couldn’t yell at him to get it back. He didn’t respond and just ignored me. I tried to reach over and grab it but it didn’t work since he was moving it away from me.

He took out his phone and exchanged our numbers. He then returned my phone, but he took a very special thing hanging from it. It was just a simple, pink phone strap with a star hanging off the bottom that my friend gave me before he had moved… but it was more than just simple to me… it was one of the things that I treasured most. It was the first present that I have ever received from a guy.

He was swinging it around one of his fingers then caught it in his hand. He then said to me in a playful voice, “If you want this back, go to this place next Saturday. I’ll call you and confirm the place tonight, but I’ll be sure to send a driver to pick you up,” he said and winked.

He ate a bit of the food then got up and left a 50 dollar note on the table, not leaving me a chance to say anything. “I’ll be waiting for you on that day then!” he said as he waved, as he exited the door.

“W-Wait! Your change!” I screamed to him, though he didn’t hear me.

 

 

We had a busy night and I wasn’t able to really do anything after we had finished. I was exhausted. I went upstairs to my room and laid down on my bed.

I heard my phone vibrate on my bed side table, but before I could pick up, it stopped vibrating. I looked at my phone to see that I had over 50 missed calls from a name ‘Kyutie ♡’.

“Aigoo~ I’m too young to die!” I sighed and pouted. At least he made me laugh before I was to die. What he had named himself... it was really cute... though it made me giggle and smile at myself... he was a really strange kid.

Aigoo~ Might as well call him back... It was the least I could do back for unintentionally ignoring him. I called the number and as soon as I heard the first ring, he yelled into the phone, “YAH! What took you so long to answer?! I’m a busy person!”

I giggled and answered, “I’m a busy person too~ that’s why I didn’t pick up. Anyway, is something wrong?” “Hey... I said that I would call you tonight! Did you forget?!? Aishhh... I take back the words saying that you’d do... should’ve picked a girl that had more sense to pick up on the first call...”

“But you didn’t even let me say anything earlier though! And it was busy at the restaurant today so how would I be able to pick up the phone?”

“Aishh... just come to ~~ at 1pm on Saturday. Make your schedule empty or you won’t be getting your strap back~” he teased.

I nodded though I was talking on the phone. “Arrasso yo~” I replied and smiled. I hanged up first after saying bye. But I heard my phone ring once more. “Yoboseyo~” I answered.

“YAH! Who told you that you could hang up first? You’re the first girl to do that! Anyway! I hope you have learnt your lesson... i’ll forgive you this time but next time you’re not going to be let go so easily!” he said in one breath.

–beep beep- I heard. I took the phone from my ear to see that he had hanged up.

I hadn’t even realised that he was a stranger to me until this very moment… it seemed like I have known him for all my life… Oh well, he seems nice enough.

I smiled and laughed to myself. He sure is a weird guy~