Chapter 17

Why I Like You

 “Yah… Cho Kyuhyun ah… Do you ever think… that we can get back together? Just like we were back then?”

 

“Get back together? You were the one who left me in the first place forJay. Besides, I know you still have feelings for him,” I answered her.

She looked down, looking depressed.

“Hah… you know me too well Kyu…” she said as she smiled weakly at me. “But it’s like I said… the poor and the rich can’t be together…”

“Who told you that nonsense? You can be with whoever you want without any worries…” It’s not like you have to carry the burden of taking the mother of the person you love life away.

“No worries?  I ruined his life because of my parents! I couldn’t do anything for him!” she said as she started to tear up.

“Then would you give up your money and your parents for him?” I asked her.

“…Ye-,” she said without much hesitation before she was cut off from the beep of the car that came to pick her up.

“Just think about that…I’m sure Jay still cares about you!” I said cheerfully.

She nodded and smiled as she got into her car. I waved goodbye to her and decided to stay for a little longer.

 

I sighed and looked up at the sky.

“So I can give Sica advice that I can’t even use myself…” I said regretfully.

After around 20 minutes I looked at my watch, realising how late it was. I got up, ready to go home, before I got stopped by the same gang that pursued me in Seohyun’s father’s restaurant.

“Yah!” One of the 7 men that surrounded me screamed.

I smiled and said, “Annyong! Long time no see friends! ”

“The boss said that you still haven’t given us two times the amount from last time!” Another of the men said.

“Ah, does he want the money by cheque or in cash?” I said calmly as I started taking out my wallet.

The very same man hit the wallet out of hand and said, “None, I’m here to wipe that smile off your face and to put you in a wheelchair as the boss requested!”

All of them started laughing manically at me. At this point, I just wanted to end this game and go back to Seohyun’s side. Why did I have to have this kind of past? Why did Seohyun’s mother have to get involved with this? Why couldn’t I just be a normal person who could look after her?

I stood up from the bench and picked up my wallet. I attempted to walk away by pushing through two of the men. They didn’t budge at all, leaving me no choice but to stay

“HAHAHAH!” the men laughed at my attempt of escaping.

“So this is all the great Cho Kyuhyun can do? And to think that you were in the gang Super Junior!” said a hairy, burly man. They all started laughing in unison once again.

Their laughing started to piss me off and since I already wasn’t in a good mood, I threw a punch at one of the guys in front of me, only to miss and get kicked in the back.

They all started kicking and beating me up as I fell to the ground. They were shouting and laughing with joy as they were doing so. I couldn’t do anything to them; I could only take the damage they were giving me.

“That’ll teach you to mess with the boss!” they all said and laughed as they walked off cheerfully, as if they had just won first place in a competition.

“Seo…hyun…” I said softly as I was left on the ground, writhing in pain, alone.

 

[[Short chap today~ Will try to post another chap soon! ^^ Please comment as usual~ I love reading them! :)]]