Chapter 22

Why I Like You

- The Third Week -

Yonghwa was consistent with his presents every morning and they were even starting to get more expensive as the days passed.

We hadn’t really had a proper talk ever since the incident around last week when we went to the stores in the neighbourhood since I had been distancing myself from him. I couldn't face him properly ever since then and I didn't know what to say even when Yonghwa was leading the conversations

Although I wanted to maintain our relationship of just being childhood friends, he kept persisting for more. It almost felt as though my feelings didn’t matter to him anymore.

I helped my appa with the restaurant to pre-occupy myself and to stop thinking about my problems. I also couldn’t help but hope that Kyuhyun would come back by the shop, even if it were with those thugs that came by with him the first time I met him.

I felt empty inside without him and when I needed Kyuhyun by my side, I could not even contact him, nor talk to him at all. Even though it has only been a few weeks, many times I thought about giving Yonghwa a chance and giving up on Kyuhyun.

 

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket as I was about to go upstairs to prepare for sleep. I looked at who was ringing, hoping to see ‘Kyutie ♡’ but instead saw ‘Yong oppa~’.

“Hyun~” Yonghwa said once I picked up my phone.

“Ah, Yong oppa! What’s wrong?”  I replied.

“Want to go out to eat with me on Saturday?” he said.

“Ah, eat? I guess I’m free on Saturday,” I said. I was kind of reluctant to go because Saturday marked one month since I last saw Kyuhyun. Although I knew that I had to move on with life sooner or later, part of me still wanted to see him and be with him.

“Is that a yes then?” he asked happily.

“Neh,” I answered.

“Arasso! I’ll see you on Saturday then! Annyong!” he said happily before he hung up.

From then, I decided that I would give up on him if he didn’t show up or show any sign that he still here by the one month mark. Who knows… maybe Yonghwa isn’t that bad after all.

I sighed as I stared at the phone. “Where are you Kyu?”

 

 

- Kyuhyun’s POV -

I looked out the window of my house. I remembered the moment when I had followed them to the stores in the neighbourhood and was nearly caught.

I didn’t know why I felt so confident earlier when I had made the promise because I definitely could not feel the confidence now.

I also could not help but remember the incident with Seohyun’s mother but after the first few days of thinking, I wanted to tell her the truth as soon as I could. Wait… she deserved to know the truth. Even though I wanted to hold her in my arms and to officially call her mine, if she could not forgive me, I also would not be able to forgive myself and could never hold her in my arms again.

Suddenly, I thought of a bright idea which would not involve me seeing or talking to Seohyun but it would’ve allowed me to tell her something.

I took out a piece of paper and wrote letter involving all of my feelings but it was too long. No matter how many times I tried to re-write the letter, it kept becoming too long. There was too much to say but writing it didn’t seem right.  Eventually, I came up with a solution.

I wrote it on a new piece of paper and put it inside an envelope. I decided to put it inside her mailbox later today at night so she would not see me and so I would not break my promise.

 

- No one’s POV; 3rdperson –

Yonghwa stood outside the restaurant and stared up at the room with a bright light on.  He sighed heavily as his heart ached. His time was nearly up and inside he knew he had no chance no matter how much he tried.

This all changed when he saw Kyuhyun walked towards him, holding an envelope.

‘He wasn’t hoping to give that to her right? He’s not allowed to see her anyway…’ Yonghwa thought and knew that if Kyuhyun saw Seohyun, he would’ve broken the promise and that she would be his. He was going to take advantage of this situation and he knew he could not fail.

“Good evening Kyuhyun ssi,” Yonghwa said with a tone that was overly friendly.

“Evening,” Kyuhyun replied. He knew something was up so he was on his guard.

“What brings you here?” he asked.

“It’s none of your business. I’m not going to see Seohyun anyway so I won’t be breaking my promise,” Kyuhyun replied to him in a spiteful tone. He then went up to the mail box, sending the letter in his hand before taking his quickly taking his leave.

As if Yonghwa was going to let Kyuhyun away with this so easily. Once Kyuhyun was out of sight, Yonghwa took out the letter and carefully opened the envelope. It read:

‘Wait for me.’ Just those three words and I knew it would’ve taken away any doubt and worry from Seohyun. Yonghwa felt lucky that he was there and he wasn’t a moment too late.

He tore the piece of paper mercilessly and threw the shreds onto the floor without a second thought. He then took out another piece of paper writing about Kyuhyun’s ‘true feelings’ about her, put it inside the envelope and back into the mailbox.

He stared up at Seohyun’s window in which the light was off now before he went back home. He felt like he still stood a chance against Kyuhyun now, no matter how dirty the ways he used to get her were.

 

[[What is going to happen~? o: I will probably update again tomorrow~ Thank you for still staying by and reading my fic guys! :)]]