The Truth

Lie To Me [HIATUS]

Mihyun’s POV

“Let’s have our valedictorian give his speech,” Mr. Lee, our principal signaled our smartest student up on the stand. He started talking about memories we had, the hardship we go, some inspirational things, talking about our future, and other stuff. Once he ended his speech, he sat back down and our graduation ceremony started. We heard names being called one by one and hearing our achievements. I was one of the first people up because my surname is Kim and the letter ‘k’ is first in the Korean alphabet.

“Kim Mihyun, ranked second throughout all of her years in high school. Bright and smart student, has one of the highest score on her college entrance exam, and is accepted nearly everywhere to go to college,” Mr. Lee said. I grabbed my certificate and stood next to the last person.

“Oh Sehun, ranked 5th and 4th throughout all of his years in high school. Smart student and is accepted and attending Seoul University,” Sehun got up and received his certificate.

“Jung Soojung or very much known as Krystal, ranked third throughout her years of high school, knows Korean and English, and is accepted and attending Seoul University.” Krystal got up and got her certificate.

The reason as to why where I’m going for college was not revealed was because I haven’t chosen where to go. I got an acceptance letter to study at Seoul National University, Korea University, and Yonsei University, also known as SKY. My mom was proud of me but got even more proud once I got colleges out of Korea. I got one from the U.S, China, Japan, Paris, and other places. I was just stuck as to where I was going.

After our ceremony, we threw our graduation hats up in the air (A/N: not sure if they do this in Korea). I waved at my parents and smiled at them. I ran up to them and gave them a hug.

“I’m so proud of you sweetie. How does it feel to be finished with high school?” my mom said.

“It feels great but now I have to go to college,” I pouted and my dad just pats my back.

“It’s okay Mihyun! You still have a week to decide,” he ruffled my hair and I smiled again.

“I’m sorry that we can’t throw a celebration for you but we’ll make it up,” my mom said. They’re always busy with work and it’s important for them to be there. So being the good child I am, I told them not to worry about it.

My mom and dad left after wishing me congratulations and went back to work. I turned around and saw Luhan. He smiled and I smiled.

“Congratulations! Since poor Kim Mihyun does not have people to spend time with after graduating, Luhan will take you out,” Luhan said. I smiled to decide to go with him. “Minseok, Joonmyun, Yixing, and Jongdae are here to take you out too. Let’s go,” I looked over and saw Sehun. I told Luhan to wait up and walked over to him.

“Sehun! Luhan, his friends, and I are going to celebrate me graduating. Do you want to come?” I asked.

“I can’t. Sorry Mihyun but my parents are taking me out today,” he explained. I showed a sad expression and an okay and left. I came back seeing Luhan, Minseok, Joonmyun, Yixing, and Jongdae waiting for me.

“Congratulations on graduating from high school,” Joonmyun said. I smiled and said thanks.

“Com’on guys, let’s get in the car and celebrate,” Minseok said and they all screamed and raised their arms up.

Once we got to the place, Jongdae, Luhan, and I sat on one side while Minseok, Yixing, and Joonmyun sat on the other. Our server came and took our order and left. We had nice conversations coming from here and there. Our food came, we ate and talked. After dinner, Luhan decide to hang around the park. Minseok was in the bathroom while we were waiting for our bill. I heard a bell signaling that someone just came in.

I look over and saw Sehun and Krystal together. Sehun had a smile on his face while Krystal was tucked under his arm. Sehun kissed her on the cheek and Krystal kisses his cheek back. They were directed to their seat which happened to be the table next to us. Once Sehun was about to sit in his seat, he made eye contact with me. I looked at him in disbelief, grabbed my stuff, and left the restaurant.

It was dark and was running through the park with my tears falling down. I felt someone grab my wrist. Whoever it was stopped me from moving. I turned to face them and saw Luhan. He hugged me and my hair.

“How could he do this to me?” my tears soaked his shirt.

“I’m sorry Mihyun… I’m even sorrier with the fact that I already knew,” Luhan said. I pushed away from him.

“You knew?”

“I wanted to tell you but you were so much in love with Sehun that I didn’t want to break your heart.”

“Well if you were a thoughtful friend, you would’ve told me the moment you know.”

“I promised to Sehun. I swear I wanted to tell you but Sehun just kept telling me not to.” Luhan yelled. “I like you Mihyun and I don’t mean that as a friend. I liked you the moment I saw you. I wanted to tell you so I don’t have to see you cry,” Luhan kept yelling at me. I saw from the distance and saw that Sehun was running towards us.

“Luhan, can I talk to Mihyun?” Sehun asked. He begged with his eyes to let him. He looked at me and told him to leave us alone to talk.

“How long?”

“Huh?”

“How long has this thing between Krystal and you?”

“Two years.”

“Wow, you were with Krystal for two years while you were with me as well. How did you manage?”

“Mihyun I-“

“You know what Sehun. Can I ask you something? Did you even love me? Did you ever have feelings for me? Tell me the truth!” The rain started to fall lightly.

“Honestly Mihyun, no, I never had feelings for you. It was always Krystal. I only dated you because it doesn’t seem like Krystal liked me. Also I thought that I would grow to like you. I was going to break up with you when high school started but Krystal and I grow closer because of you.” Sehun explained. My curled hair was slowly fading away while it was just getting wet.

“Why would you do something like that to me?”

“It was for you at first; it later turned to Krystal. I’m sorry Mihyun. Go back inside and go spend time with somebody who actually loves you,” Sehun took off his jacket and was about to place it on my shoulder. I pushed his hands away.

“Don’t touch me! Tell the guys that I went home. A certain someone ruined my day,” with that, I left Sehun in the rain while I paced quickly home.

I walked inside my empty house drenched from the rain. I slid down the door and sat there crying. I took a glance at the clock and took notice that my parents won’t be home until the next 3 hours. So I sat there, for three hours crying. Once I heard the garage door open, I lifted myself up and walked inside my room.

I passed by my desk and notice all the college acceptance letters. I picked up an international one. I saw a number on the bottom and called it.

“Hello this is applicant Kim Mihyun who hasn’t accepted her entrance for college. May I get the registration as soon as possible?”

Have no regret Mihyun. This is the best for you. 

=================================================================

HAPPY NEW YEARS! HAPPY 2014~

2013 was such a great year for me. I visited Vietnam, I went to Thailand, I was in Incheon airport (darn you Exo for being there 5 hours before I did), started a new school, made new friend, etc. Most importantly.... I FINISHED MY FIRST YOU STORY! I cannot tell you guys how many times I attempted to make a you story and only ended up being 3 chapters and deleted... 

I hope you guys have plans for 2014 because I don't. I have nothing planned at all. I don't even have a resolution! 

I have nothing else to say so... 

If you are new to this story and enjoyed it, please do subscribe and comment. Comments make me happy and they make me update faster... I'm not bribing you guys... 

Until next time, annyeong ^^