Chapter 3

Look at Only Me

Dongho's POV

The date didn't go as I thought it would. Although she had seemed very nice at the show, she had been very rude when it was just the two of us. I knew I didn't want a romantic relationship with someone like that. 

"Did you have fun with Mi-Na?" Kevin asked when I got home. "It's about time you two started making it official." Mi-Na? Where did he get that from?

"What??" I looked over at him confused. 

He looked at me curiously, "Didn't you go on a date with Mi-Na...?" 

"..No. I went on a date with that girl from the show.." I trailed off. What did he mean it was about time I started making things official with Mi-Na?? Jaeseop walked out of his room just then. 

"Anything special happen between you and Mi-Na?" Jaeseop asked, nudging me. 

"Ah.. I guess I thought wrong.. He didn't go out to dinner with Mi-Na tonight," Kevin smiled sheepishly at AJ. 

"Mwo?  Why did you guys think that I was with Mi-Na??" I asked. Where was this coming from?? 

"Well.. I heard from Eli-ya that you were going out on a date, and I assumed it was Mi-Na.." Kevin trailed off. 

"But why?" I asked again. 

"..Have you ever noticed the way she looks at you?" Jaeseop prodded.

"Does she look at me weirdly or something?" I asked, confused.

Kevin rolled his eyes. "No," he said. "There is love in her eyes. She loves you."

"And she has for a very long time," AJ added softly.

They were kidding right? I mean, Mi-Na is my best friend. Wouldn't she have told me something so serious? 

"Did she actually tell either of you this?" I asked. Kevin and AJ glanced at each other, and that was the only confirmation I needed to know that she had. "Who else knows??" 

"It's kind of obvious to the rest of the group..." Kevin said quietly. I shook my head. I felt confused and betrayed. Mi-Na told them but wouldn't tell me directly? I turned to leave to apartment and talk to Mi-Na, but I was interrupted.

"Dongho-ya, it's late. She's probably asleep right now," Jaeseop reminded. "Wait until tomorrow." 

I waited at the door for a minute before I gave in, heading straight for my room. Mi-Na kept this from me, and apparently for a long time too. How did I not see this? For how long exactly have I been oblivious? I knew that my feelings for her were small but that was because I never thought she'd see me in a romantic way. That's why I wanted to start dating others. 

My thoughts wandered endlessly, and I tossed and turned all night. How was I supposed to bring this up to her in a couple hours?

___

Throughout the night I'd realized how much I actually loved Mi-Na. Morning finally came, and as tired as I was, I was anxious to talk to Mi-Na. I figured breakfast could wait until later. Maybe I could take Mi-Na out for breakfast if things went well.. I was still in my pijamas when I walked down the hall to her apartment, but the door opened before I'd even gotten to it. 

Daehyun walked out as Mi-Na leaned against the doorframe. His tie was loosely hanging around his neck and his shirt was all wrinkled. She was in her pijamas. What was he doing here?? I mean I know they had a date but they didn't...do anything right? Mi-Na wasn't like that. But Daehyun was from what I'd heard. I could feel the anger building inside of me. 

"What the hell?" I burst out. Daehyun and Mi-Na both looked up. Daehyun raised an eyebrow at me and then looked at Mi-Na. Her eyes were wide. 

"Are you dating him??" he asked her.

I watched her eyes carefully. Pain flashed through them but the words that came from hit me like a bag of bricks. "No," she said. "We're best friends. That's all we've ever been."