Chapter 15

She's Having My Baby

"You're madly in love, aren't you?" Jaejoong commented as he took a seat beside Jiyun, who was sitting at the first row in the audience seat. He had just completed the rehearsals for his solo songs.

Jiyun took a look at the perspiring and breathless Jaejoong and let out a little chuckle before looking down on the floor.

"You're speechless?" It was Jaejoong's turn to chuckle.

"Well... i've accepted him..." She said with a tinge of pink on her cheeks. Her cheeks feeling warm as she spoke.

"I know." Jaejoong smiled sincerely.

"You do?! He told you?!" She looked up at him in shock. 'That little....' She thought. 

"Well, it figures. That ring on your finger... and that incident back at the backstage..." His voice trailed off slowly.

"Ahhhhh!! Don't mention about just now!" Jiyun replied as she covered her ears and started singing to herself, pretending to have heard nothing.

"Haha... Jiyun ah..." Jaejoong continued laughing as he tried to pry her hands off her ears. He took her hands into his gently, looking into her eyes.

"Yes omma?" Jiyun asked, puzzled.

"Jiyunnie..." He repeated once again, this time, his face full of seriousness.

"Jaejoong ah, i know that she's very attractive but please stop whatever you're doing. You're distracting me!" Yoochun spoke into his microphone as his voice echoed all around the concert hall. He was having his solo rehearsals as they were speaking and had been looking at their actions from the stage.

Jaejoong started laughing as he raised his hands up, signaling his innocence. Jiyun started throwing dagger stares at Yoochun, to which he shivered in fear. Jaejoong walked away and joined Kang, who was standing alone at a corner.

"Finally happily ever after?" Kang asked, genuinely happy that the drama was finally coming to an end.

"Perhaps, perhaps not." Jaejoong mumbled absentmindedly.

"Hmmmm...? What is it?" Kang looked up, puzzled at what Jaejoong had just said.

"The fans... i think they have gotten hold of some information..." He replied. "Kang ah, look at this." Jaejoong said and showed Kang his twitter mentions, a couple of them which caught his attention immediately.

'Oppa! Micky having a girlfriend, is that true?! ㅠㅠ'

'Jaejoong oppa, snatch Yoochun oppa back! JaeChun FTW!'

'Noooooo! Micky belongs to all of us! We absolutely do not approve of this girlfriend of his!'

'Guys, see this picture! Yoochun and his girlfriend enjoying a relaxing day under the sun. So sweet!'

'Awww, Yoochun and his girlfriend look so cute together! Jaejoong oppa, when will you get a girlfriend too?'

'But guys, take a look at this video at the airport! Jaejoong winking at Micky's so called girlfriend and they were openly flirting with each other in Micky's presence! Are you sure she's Yoochun's girlfriend and not Jaejoong's? Jaejoong oppa! Please clarify!'

'Gosh, a love triangle? This is interesting! I support JaeChun!'

'Guys, let's not spread baseless rumours ok? We'll wait till the boys comment on it. Right, Jaejoong oppa?' 

'Well, i just don't like the idea of seeing her so close to my Yoochun oppa. She's too close with him. I'll definitely split them up.'


"Wow, this is intense, especially the last one." Kang said in shock. He was fully well aware about the power of the fans, and this time they didn't fail to let down his expectations as well. In fact, they were quicker than expected. "This is worrying." Kang added.

"Exactly. I don't feel good about this." Jaejoong said as he looked over at where Jiyun was, his eyes full of worry.

"And does Yoochun know about this?" Kang asked, his face all crunched up from frowning.

Jaejoong shook his head and said, "That lazy bum, the only time when he logs on to twitter is when the sun rises from the east."

"But, Jae ah, the sun DOES rise from the east." Kang replied matter of factly.

"That's what i said. He only logs on once in a blue moon, of course he isn't aware of this. YET." Jaejoong replied, folding his arms and resting on the cold hard wall behind him.

"Jiyun?" Kang queried. Jaejoong shook his head.

"I don't think she's aware of it yet. Look at her, i bet she's too busy to even think about scandals." Kang sighed.

"We can't let anything happen to her, especially not in her condition..."

Jaejoong nodded. His expression softened when he caught sight of Jiyun waving at him and making her way towards them. He turned to face Kang and said, "Let's keep this conversation to ourselves. We don't want anyone to be alerted and get alarmed, do we?"

Kang whispered back, "Right, we'll try our best to protect Jiyun in the dark." With that, Jaejoong slightly nodded and made his way towards Jiyun. 


"Kang ah, i don't care what you say but, i'm definitely going to finish this whole table full of yummy food!" Junsu squeaked happily.

It was 4am in the morning and they were currently at a 24 hours operated coffeeshop near the stadium. They had just finished their full rehearsal and being extremely hungry from all the singing and dancing, the trios pestered their manager to allow them to head for a quick supper.

"I don't really care, you'll just end up with a bloated face for the press conference tomorrow." Kang replied, secretly surveying their surrounding area for suspicious characters. There was none.

"Jaejoong ah, why are you in a daze? Are you that tired?" Yoochun asked concernly. 

Jaejoong was actually doing the same thing as Kang.

"Nahs, just thinking of something.." He lied.

Then, he saw Yoochun leaning in nearer towards Jiyun, who was sitting just beside him. Jaejoong panicked. And he kicked Kang's leg under the table in order to catch his attention.

Luckily, Kang was quick enough to comprehend what Jaejoong was trying to tell. And separated both of them by pulling in a chair and sitting right in the middle of both of them.

"Kang, that was uncalled for!" Yoochun protested.

Jaejoong grinned and pulled him towards Junsu and him. "Yoochun ah, Kang has something to discuss with Jiyun so let's not disturb them. Brotherly bonding time!" He cheered happily together with Junsu.

Reluctantly, Yoochun went along with the flow.


"I'm surprised, that the reporters hadn't caught wind of the rumours that had been spreading like wildfire on twitter." Kang whispered as Jaejoong and him walked side by side out of the press conference hall after the session ended.

"Me too. I thought i was dying from hyperventilation everytime the reporters raised their hands to ask questions." Jaejoong agreed. He placed his palm on his chest. "My heart is still beating rapidly!"

"What's beating rapidly?' Asked Yoochun as he tried to interrupt the conversation between the two guys. Jiyun was nowhere to be seen.

"Nahs, Kang was just commenting that he saw someone he's attracted to, that's why his heart was beating rapidly." Jaejoong replied nonchantly, much to the protests of Kang. "By the way Joon, have you seen Jiyun?" Jaejoong turned around to ask Joon.

"I think she was speaking with a few fans at the hotel lobby just now. She may be there, if not, she should probably in her hotel room." Joon replied. "Is it anything urgent?" He asked.

"Fans?" Yoochun asked. He smiled amusedly. "Her fans?"

"No, YOUR fans." Joon replied irritatedly, rolling his eyes in the process.

"Oh ." Jaejoong muttered silently under his breath. He looked over to Kang, who had his brows burried so deeply in thoughts. He figured that they were thinking about the same thing - Jiyun.

As if on cue, both guys excused themselves from the group and started walking briskly out of the venue, leaving the boys complaining behind them.

Once out of sight, Kang quickly said "Jae ah, i'll check for the lobby, you'll get to her room." His voice was stern, almost monotone.

Jaejoong nodded.

As Kang was rushing towards the lift to make his way down, he was, unfortunately caught by the group.

"Kang ah! Where are you going? Where's Jaejoong?" Junsu asked.

"He...'s got a bad stomachache..?" Kang lied. "But don't worry, he's going to be fine!"

"Really? I think i'll go check on him. His room right? I can go find Jiyun at the same time..." Yoochun replied. He was worried about both Jaejoong who had a stomachache and Jiyun who had been missing since the middle of the press conference.

"Yoochun ah! I'm hungry, let's go grab a bite!" Kang immediately said as he pulled his sleeves, stopping him from proceeding on to where he originally planned to head to.

"But...." Yoochun protested. "Junsu wants to eat too, right?" Kang asked.

Junsu nodded excitedly.

Yoochun sighed. "How about calling for room service?" He suggested.

"No!" Both Junsu and Kang refused. For different reasons, of course. But that did the trick.

"How about Jiyun and Jaejoong then? I'm sure they need to eat?" Yoochun asked as his last attempt.

"No worries, i've told Jiyun to find and bring Jaejoong to the concert venue once he's done. We'll get some takeaways for them." Joon interrupted. He had just gotten off the phone with Jiyun, apparently.

"Huh? You managed to contact her?" Both Yoochun and Kang asked with a puzzled look on their faces. They had been trying to contact her on her phone but had not gotten through to her.

"Yeah, she's at her room. Battery's flat." He replied nonchantly.

"Battery....." The two guys sighed in relief. Junsu, being the hungry guy he was, started pushing the two dazed guys towards the lift so that it can bring them down to the hotel lobby. 


Jaejoong stared at the sms that just came in. Not believing what he saw, he read it over once more.

'Jiyun's fine. Battery dead. In her room charging phone. Heading off to eat, will meet you guys at the stadium with food.' Jaejoong frowned. 'Am i supposed to believe that?' Jaejoong questioned himself.

He was in front of Jiyun's room and had been ringing on her doorbell for the past minute, but all he had in reply was silence.
"Jiyun!" Jaejoong shouted out and started knocking on her door due to the uneasiness spreading all over his body. 'No, it can't be... she's wouldn't be in trouble, will she?' He thought. The knockings gradually became louder and faster as Jaejoong thought more negatively.

"Jaejoong? What are you doing here?" Jiyun asked, walking closer towards her room door and nearer to where Jaejoong was standing at. She looked shocked, seeing Jaejoong behave like that.

"Jiyun? I thought you were in the room...?" Jaejoong asked, equally shocked. He quickly scanned her from top to bottom, making sure that she's still alright.

"Oh, i went to dispose of some... stuff." Jiyun replied nonchantly.

"I.... see...?" Jaejoong replied stupidly. He continued standing at her door in daze even when Jiyun had invited him into the room. He was THAT relieved, that Jiyun was still perfectly in one piece.

"Omma, i'm gonna lock you out if you do not come in soon." Jiyun commented.

"Oh, sorry." Jaejoong replied and dragged his heavy feet into the room, and Jiyun closed the door immediately after that.

"I've heard from Joon, just give me a moment to pack and we'll be ready to head out. Do me a favour and call for a cab?" Jiyun said smoothly as she roamed around the room, throwing in essential items while at it.

"Ok sure." Jaejoong said and whipped out his phone to dial for a cab. "Oh, you bought us snacks?" He commented after hanging up the phone.

"Nopes, it was from some of your fans. They were saying that it's a thank you gift to me for bringing in and taking care of you guys... jealous much?" She said cheekily.

"Jiyun, you haven't eaten them, have you?" Jaejoong asked sternly.

"Nopes, i'm thinking of eating them at the stadium while watching you guys... OMMA! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Jiyun asked, shocked that Jaejoong was now shoving all the food into a black garbage bag.

"It's too dangerous, haven't your parents taught you not to accept gifts from strangers?" Jaejoong warned.

"They are not strangers, they are your fans!" Jiyun replied back, her voice slightly louder.

"It might be poisoned! Remember what happened to.... Yunho?!" Jaejoong shouted back, his voice clearly shaking.

"But omma, those are sealed packages... Besides, i don't see any value in them poisoning me?" Jiyun softened, seeing the fear in Jaejoong's eyes. She noticed that his hands were slightly shaking as well. She placed her hands over on his, assuring him that everything is alright.

"I don't want to take any chances... Jiyun ah, i just want you to be safe..." Jaejoong mumbled, looking genuinely at her in her eyes.

"Alright Jaejoong... we'll throw those away if it makes you feel better..." Jiyun finally said. She turned around and threw more food that she had received into the garbage bag. She realised that Jaejoong had gone into a daze once again. "Omma?" She asked worriedly.

Jaejoong looked up at her with a very serious expression.

"Jiyun ah, i'm not sure if you're currently facing what i think you may be facing now. If you're not, i'm glad for you. If you are, just remember that i'm always here to cheer you on. You don't have to hold it in to yourself. Whatever they say don't listen girl, they are just jealous of you." Jaejoong said sincerely.

As he said that, he saw Jiyun flinched. He immediately realised that it was the latter case.

"So... do you have anything that you want to tell me?" He asked.

Jiyun shook her head slowly.

"Alright, if that's what you want. Just remember, if it reaches a point where you are unable to endure anymore, come to me. I'll always be there when you need me. No matter what it takes, i'll protect you. I'll be your shelter."

"Jaejoong ah, thank you..." Jiyun smiled.

"Anytime for you! Now let's quickly get to the concert venue before Yoochun kicks up a fuss!" Jaejoong said as he tied up the garbage bag with a pretty bow on top. As he threw the garbage bag into the main dumpster on that level, he failed to notice that there was a similar black bag that was tied loosely. Within it held some unusual 'gifts' like voodoo dolls and a box of razor knives. He certainly also failed to see the note that was attached to them, one that wrote 'Stay away from Yoochun oppa, you !' 


A/N: Seems like a handful of readers don't like me as much as i do T_T