Chapter 17

She's Having My Baby

"Yoochun ah! Where on Earth are you bringing me to?!" Jiyun asked frantically as the car swerved smoothly into another corner.

Yoochun had forcefully dragged Jiyun away from the group right after their concert ended, ignoring the fact that there may be reporters lurking around the exit. Not that he actually cared. Now, he was driving Joon's car and they were headed for a place that he had originally planned to bring her to a week ago.

"Secret!" Yoochun said as he grinned widely, his eyes radiating with happiness.

"Fine!" She pouted and sat back in a relaxed position. She hadn't realised earlier on, but apparently Yoochun had been driving up a hill. 'Bukit Timah perhaps?' She thought to herself.

"You're angry?" He asked meekly, stealing peeks at her while concentrating on his driving.

"Nahs, just a little tired." Jiyun replied as she gently massaged the area around her eyes. "Shouldn't you be exhausted by now too?" She added, now looking at Yoochun's direction. Yoochun hadn't been exactly the healthiest person around, and with the concert just ending, she was surprised that he was still sane.

"You're my charger." He replied seductively, winking at Jiyun in the process.

"So greasy!" She chuckled and gave a light slap on his shoulders, where he pretended to wince in pain in response.

"But you like it, don't you?" There goes another wink.

"Rubbish!" Jiyun replied, speechless at this thick skinned nature of his. Yoochun laughed along with her. "But i was rather surprised by umma just now..." Jiyun commented all of a sudden.

"You mean his speech about how he loves his family and friends and hopes that his fans will respect them as much as he does? Yeah, he's rather random..." Yoochun chuckled. His hyungs' 4D-ness.

"Yeah, that. He's such a sweet guy, isn't he?" Jiyun commented. Perhaps only him, Kang and her will understand why he said that.

"I'm going to be jealous..." Yoochun pouted. "Don't look anywhere else, only look at me. That's all you need."

Jiyun smiled. 'I've always been looking at you... Yoochun ah.' She thought.


"Chun ah... i appreciate that you have prepared this surprise for me but, can i kill you?" Jiyun asked. They were currently making their way to board on the cable car, supposedly a surprise that Yoochun has prepared.

"No can do, our baby needs me. Now be a good girl and get on..." Yoochun said, successfully coaxing Jiyun into the ride.

Jiyun found herself seated amidst an exquitsitely decorated cable car, and within it laid a wide spread of food.

"Sky dining, isn't that romantic?" Yoochun beamed as he said that.

"It really is..." She heard herself speaking out loud. Heights was never a friend of hers, but it seemed as if her fears were instantly gone with the companion of Yoochun.

"I've been wanting to do this for a while..." Yoochun suddenly said, inching nearer to where Jiyun was sitting at.

"..w...what?!" Jiyun stuttered, sliding away from Yoochun. Eventually when she had no place to move, she did the next best thing - stuffing him with the finger food that was found nearest to her.

"What was that for?!" Yoochun jumped back immediately. He was taken aback at Jiyun's sudden reaction but smirked when he realised what Jiyun had thought he was doing.

"W... what's with that smirk! Come any closer and i will scream!" Jiyun stuttered defensively as Yoochun got nearer, his lips now inching nearer to hers. As if out of habit, Jiyun closed her eyelids, awaiting for the contact.

It never came. Instead, she was greeted with roars of laughter.

"ㅋㅋㅋㅋ! Jiyunnie, were you expecting for something to happen?" The male lead asked cheekily, sending Jiyun into a major blushing frenzy.

"Whatever!" Jiyun rolled her eyes in a failed attempt to cover up her embarassment.

Seeing how cute his wife had been behaving, Yoochun stopped laughing and pulled her into his arms as he slowly her hair. He smiled as he felt Jiyun returning his hug.

"I'm sorry my dear wifey, you're just too cute to resist." He commented. He felt Jiyun smiling as he said that. "The fact is, i would've showered you with endless kisses if you want me to, but there's something else that i want to try today...." He said as he pulled away from Jiyun, who was looking at him suspiciously.

"Like...?" She asked cautiously.

Yoochun smiled lovingly at her. With one swift movement, he moved his head over to where Jiyun's small bulging belly was, pressing his ear right on it.

Jiyun chuckled. "Yoochun ah, what do you think you are doing?!"

"Interacting with our child! Jiyun ah, this so amazing! I can totally feel Amber inside your belly!" He spoke excitedly, his eyes gleaming in joy.

"Of course, she's GROWING inside my WOMB, my dear hubby." Jiyun replied sarcastically.

"OMO! Did you just call me hubby?! Amber ah! Your mummy just called me hubby! Woohoo!!!" Yoochun spoke happily to the baby inside of Jiyun and pressed his ears on her belly again, anticipating for some kind of response. "Wifey! Amber is happy too! She just made some noise!" He was obviously VERY excited.

"Chun ah, that was my stomach growling." Jiyun replied with a shade of pink on her cheeks.

"Oh." Yoochun looked disappointed, that his child did not reply to him at all. [A/N: Chun ah, it's still too early for your kid to reply you. I bet he/she hasn't even been fully developed yet. I thought you have been reading up on pregnancy related books? Tsk tsk. What have you been reading, seriously. -_-+]

"Well... i was thinking..." Jiyun said, breaking the mood, "That we could call our kid 'Brandon'."

"Hmm? A boy's name?" Yoochun asked as he looked up puzzledly from his plate of steak. "But we have 'Amber' already, don't we?"

"Silly Chun, what if it's a boy?!" Jiyun said matter-of-factly.

"Ah... makes sense. 'Brandon' is nice, i like it!" He grinning, showing his crescent moon eye smiles.

"So that's settled?"

"Yeaps! We'll have little 'Amber' first, followed by little 'Brandon'. After that it's going to be little 'Charlotte' and little 'Dylan'. Moving on, we'll have little 'Edlyn...'."

"W...wait!!! Who says that we're going to have that many kids?!" Jiyun said, obviously flustered. She had almost choked on her food as Yoochun was happily reciting his list of ABCs of their future kids' names. Clearly, he hadn't had the intention to stop reciting until the alphabet 'Z'.

"......but i love kids...." Yoochun replied, showing Jiyun his most innocent looking face.

"You know that doesn't work on me..." Jiyun said, avoiding his eye contact to the best of her ability.

"Really?" Asked Yoochun, his playful grin appearing once again. "Wifey... i want lots of kids! Enough to spell all the alphabets out!" He started whining and burying his face into the nook of her neck.

"No way... too many!" She protested.

"Fine... since you're my dearest wifey, i'll give you a special discount! A football team!" He grinned happily.

"That's still too many... do you think im a baby production factory?" She frowned, looking at the overly excited father in the making.

"Basketball team then...?" He asked.

"5?!.... well, at least it's a reasonable number...." She mumbled.

"Wooohooo! So we'll be able to see little Edlyn too!"

"I haven't agreed to it!" Jiyun protested, waving her hands frantically in the air.

"Don't worry dear wifey, i'll work hard to bring back bread and butter!" He winked.

'Oh gosh, what have i gotten myself into?' Jiyun thought to herself.


Once the couple have completed their sky dining trip, they safely arrived back as their starting point, Mt Faber. Seeing that the night was 'still young' (in fact, they didn't really bother what time it was anyway), Yoochun suggested a stroll around the area.

"I'm rather curious... did you really plan this event by yourself?" Jiyun asked while they were making their way to a bench nearby.

"Why'd you ask?"

"Nothing much, just that even i haven't been here before, until today..." She replied, completely mesmerised by the night view of the city lights from above.

"I knew you would like it, so i made the extra effort to search for this place..." He replied gently. "I know it's impossible to bring the legendary romantic Namsan here, but we shall make do with Mt Faber." He said, pulling out a big lock from his pocket.

"Erm, and what exactly are you planning? Don't tell me you are going to put the lock somewhere here....?" She asked, her eyes narrowing down to Yoochun, who just grinned as a response.

"It's...." She stuttered.

"Romantic?" He offered eargerly. 

"Illegal." She replied.

"Come on, it's just this one time...."

"No can do, but for memory's sake, let me keep this." Jiyun said, snatching the lock from Yoochun. She giggled while reading through the message that he had written on one side of the lock.

"I can see that you like it very much?" Yoochun asked, cuddling happily with her.

Jiyun nodded and asked, "We'll get this up on Namsan someday ok?"

Yoochun grinned as he happily agreed. Then, all of a sudden, he sighed.

"Why are you sighing?" She asked worriedly but weakly. Her stomach was starting to feel a little weird... a sense of loss, but she ignored it.

"I'll be busy once again after this trip ends. My filming starts in two days and moving forward, i'll have to juggle between the US tour and filming. I'm gonna miss you soooooo much!" Yoochun commented sadly, his entire eyebrows sinking down disappointment.

"Awww... don't worry, you'll manage somehow!" Jiyun encouraged, giving him a comforting pat on his back.

"I'm not worried about the killer schedule, i'm just worried about leaving you alone here with Amber to take care of...."

"I'm gonna be alright ok? Just do your best! We'll be supporting you from here!" Yoochun smiled and pinched Jiyuns' cheeks, slowly taking in the blissfulness in front of him. It'll be a while before he can experience this feeling once again. 


"Jiyun ah, why are you looking so grouchy today?" Kang asked as he turned sideways to take a look at Jiyun, burrowed in her frowns and looking out of the MPV's window.

"She's angry at you." All of JYJ, including Joon who was driving, simply replied at the same time. The soulmates who were sitting at the extreme back seats looked at each other for a second before bursting into laughter.

"Did i offend you in some way...?" Kang asked innocently. Jiyun still refused to reply, but had been clutching her stomach for a while unconsciously.

"Kang ah, you just did a horrible act to the pair of lovebirds, separating them prematurely by shortening this trip!" Joon explained, stopping the car due to traffic lights. He looked over to his right - fans had been chasing them since they left the hotel. He could finally understand why Jaejoong had mentioned how much he hated 'saengtaeks', for he was starting to hate them himself.

Looking back to Jiyun from the rear viewing mirror, he noticed that she was looking a little out of the ordinary. A little pale perhaps, and her mind had drifted off elsewhere.

"Jiyunnie, are you feeling alright?" Junsu asked even before Joon had the chance to open his mouth.

Kang nudged her a little seeing that she was silent, breaking off her trance like state. She looked at the worried faces around her and managed to mutter out 'i am fine, just a little tired'. Yoochun looked worriedly from behind. He would've dashed up to her if not for the stalkers all around them. Jaejoong too.

"Maybe you should just take a rest in the car while i send them off." Joon commented but Jiyun started shaking her head furiously.

"I want to come along..." She said, turning her head to look at Yoochun. He smiled, understanding her intention of wanting to stay near him till the very last moment. 


Luckily for the impromptu departure, there were no fans lurking around, except for the ones that had been chasing them. The boys heaved a sigh of relief while following the rest to the check-in counter while the fans stood patiently outside of the check-in area.

"Unnie... come here for a while..." A few fans called out to Jiyun, requesting for her to come nearer to where they were at. A considerable distance away from the boys, but well within eye view.

Jiyun inched nearer to them cautiously, her hands never leaving her stomach once. "Yes...?" She asked.

"Jiyun unnie, you are dating our Yoochunnie right?" One of the girls asked, their faces radiating with happiness. Jiyun didn't comment, but maintained her poker face.

"Silly! Unnie can't reveal the secret out, so it's pointless to ask questions like this!" Another girl chidded the first girl, who started scratching her head in embarassment.

Jiyun figured that it it a harmless situation, seeing how friendly the girls were. She let down her guard a little and revealed a little smile.

"Unnie, we support you! As his fans, we would like for him to have the best and we trust his choice. Thanks to you, our Yoochunnie has become much more cheerful recently!" They chirped.

Jiyun smiled in embarassment.

"We know that there are girls out there that aren't exactly pleased but hang in there, they will accept the fact soon!" They cheered her on, bringing more smiles to her face.

"Thanks everyone...." She whispered, loud enough for the group of girls to hear. They silently cheered amongst themselves.

"Unnie... you aren't dating our Jaejoongie too... right?" Someone asked.

"Jaejoong... is still single and very much available." Jiyun replied with a cheeky grin and walked back towards the group with a smile.

"Harmless fans?" Jaejoong asked when he sees Jiyun walking towards him.

"Yeaps, they're very nice, unlike the ones i've met earlier. The blood stained razor knives scares me." She commented like it wasn't much of a big deal, but Jaejoong had stopped abruptly in his steps upon hearing he say that.

"What do you mean, blood stained razor knives?!" He asked, slightly shouting.

"Exactly as mentioned?"

"When did it happened?" He asked, his face buried into his palms and went into deep thoughts.

"After the press conference... i thought you knew? ........I shouldn't have said that, should i?"

"You should've told me earlier when i asked back then in the hotel room! Damn, i knew i should've hired some bodyguards for you." He said frustratedly, messing up his overly dyed blonde hair.

"Come on, it's nothing big..." Jiyun said. Even as she said that, her sense of loss was getting stronger and stronger. Her stomach started having some cramps, making her face twitch a little.

"Hey... sorry i should've spoken a little gentler to you... you alright?" Jaejoong asked worriedly, looking at her twisted looking face.

Jiyun just stood in front of him motionless for a little while, waiting for the pain to subside. True enough, it did. "I'm ok, just a little cramp." She finally replied.

"But still, you should go for a checkup or something. You look terrible..." He said, genuinely worried about her wellbeing.

"Ok umma, later..." She said.

"After this." He replied.

"Eh?"

"Please go for a checkup right after this." Jaejoong said sternly.

"But... i've still got reports to rush..."

"Go for a checkup RIGHT AFTER THIS." He repeated, more serious and determined to make her agree.

"Ok ok... fine..." Jiyun replied, defeated.

"And to make sure you do so, you HAVE TO call me ONCE your visit to the doctor is over."

"Yes umma...." She sighed. Since when was Jaejoong so naggy?

"Jiyun ah, i don't want to appear so naggy but you have got to be more careful ok? Call me regardless of anything ok? I'll pick up no matter how late or busy i am."

"SO SWEET OF UMMA!" Jiyun said cheekily. Jaejoong let out a little laugh and ruffled her hair a little before walking away to join the managers.

"Finished with the goodbye speech?" Kang asked, Joon smiling to himself upon hearing what Kang had said. Over the past two weeks, Jaejoong had become so incredibly attached to Jiyun that he himself was surprised.

"I'm still worried though..." Jaejoong said truthfully. "She's not safe here."

Kang nodded in agreement.

"Huh? What's happening here?" Joon asked.

The two guys sighed at the same time and eventually, Jaejoong said, "Take VERY GOOD CARE of Jiyun. If anything happens to her, i'll come chasing after you."

With that, they walked towards the departure gate, with each guy pulling the reluctant duos who were unwilling to leave, namely YooSu. Jiyun just bitterly laughed and waved to them as their backview became smaller and eventually disappeared after turning into a corner.

Joon looked at Jiyun puzzledly. 'Exactly why did Jaejoong mention that?' He thought.

"Why are you looking at me like that, Joon?" Jiyun asked.

"Nothing... let's go. Where are you heading to after this? I'll give you a ride." Joon asked as they walked towards the carpark.

"Oh... i need to get to.... ooffff!!" Jiyun fell down, shocking Joon as he stood there dumbfounded.

"Oops, my legs slipped!" A girl's voice said.

Jiyun looked up. It was one of the girls that she had talked to earlier. A wave of disgust overwhelmed her. "You're tripping me over on purpose, aren't you?" Jiyun asked, her hands clutching onto her stomach painfully.

"I'm sorry, was it that obvious?" She rolled her eyes. "I was just pretending to be on Jaejoong oppa's good books. He was staring at your every action the whole time, if you haven't realised it. You're such a , seducing not only Yoochun oppa but Jaejoong oppa as well!" She said, raising her hands, about to slap Jiyun in her face.

"Alright that's enough." Joon finally said, blocking Jiyun from the mad woman. "If you do not leave right now, i'm afraid i'll have to call for security."

"You'd better watch your back!" The girl warned before scurrying off quickly.

"Jiyun, you ok? That was some intense action flick going on just now!" He joked. But all that stopped when he saw Jiyun. 

She was lying on the floor, clutching her tummy in pain. She had been sweating profusely.

"Gosh! Jiyun! Are you hurt anywhere?! Oh my God, what should i do?! Should i call the guys back?!" He said, panicking. However, when he tried to whip out his phone to dial Kang's number, he was stopped by Jiyun.

"No!... Don't let them know... especially not to Yoochun..." Jiyun struggled as she mumbled the words.

"But... oh gosh you are bleeding!!" Joon said, noticing streaks of blood flowing down her thighs.

This time, Jiyun panicked as well. She pulled Joon down closer to her by the collar and said weakly, "Joon, please bring me to the hospital quickly... please save my child...".

With that, she passed out.


A/N: MUAHAHAHHAHAH OH YES!! A CLIFFHANGER!! I've been wanting to do a cliffhanger for YEARS! FINALLY!!! :P

By the way, i've been reading up on pregnancy related topics. Yes i'm THAT curious =X Some of the symptoms of a potential miscarriage are: feeling a sense of loss and stomach pain, as in MAJOR pain. Pregnant ladies really shouldn't eat heaty food cos they DO cause heartburn. And a common aftereffect of a miscarriage is sinking into depression. And no, that is NOT a spoiler :P

PS: My friend's cute 2 years' old daughter is called Charlotte!!!! She's SUPER DUPER CUTE!!! <3

PSS: Comments are very much appreciated <3 Please be my recharger, everyone? <3