Chapter 9

She's Having My Baby

What do you call a walking corpse with minimal sleep and yet having two (ok make that 2.5) great responsibilities weighing on his shoulders?

Answer: Kim Jaejoong

Jaejoong silently cursed under his breath as he lifted the lid of the boiling pot of stew. He wanted to procastinate about the current situation that he was in; but who can he blame other than himself? He was involved in persuading Manager Kang to keep the Singapore concert, but was also the very person who has set such a strict stage flow plan, so complaining about the endless loose ends that can't be met is impossible. He was only involved in monitoring the 'rescue plan' over here at Singapore; and approving or rejecting them - the complicated stuff were done by Jiyun and her assistant, but doing just that had already taken a toil upon him. He wondered how the staff have survived over the past few years.

He can't complain about having to take care of Jiyun as well; he has only himself to blame... for being such a busybody. Besides, being brought up in a female dominated environment has trained him to look after the female species with care, regardless of whether she's pregnant or not. He had been religiously taking good care of Jiyun, both in the office and at home, making sure that she was well fed and has enough rest.

Jaejoong started massaging his temples. 'My job as an artiste is more enjoyable...' He thought. He stopped and turned to the sound source when he heard the door knob clicking open.

"Morning Jiyunnie!" Jaejoong (faked) chirped happily. He rushed over to where she was, slung her bag over his shoulders, and started massaging her shoulders for her while pushing her towards the dining table. There, a cup of warm ginger tea was waiting for her.

It has become a routine for both Jaejoong and Jiyun. At first Jiyun was completely opposing to what Jaejoong was doing, but had given up as she realised that he wasn't going to stop anytime soon.

"Jaejoong, i know that i should be used to it by now, but it still feels weird for you to be so... motherly..." Jiyun said as she sipped a mouthful of tea before reaching for her documents, but was stopped by Jaejoong.

"Told you i don't mind doing the housework!" He grinned. As he started walking casually towards the kitchen, he added "Jiyun, why are you up so early in the morning, on your day off?"

"Oh, i'm heading for work!"

Jaejoong stopped in his tracks.

"NOOOOO!!! I don't want to go to work!!!" He started whining, much to the amusement of Jiyun. She has already seen this side of Jaejoong for a few times during his stay in her house, but seeing it anytime never fails to bring a smile on her face. Who would've though that he, THE Kim Jaejoong, would whine!

Jiyun chuckled and replied "Jaejoong ya, i was referring to myself. You can choose not to tag along, you should take a break yourself too. Now that i think of it, you have yet to go sightseeing right?"

Jaejoong nodded.

"I'll just head to the office myself yeah? Don't worry it's just a little bit more before we finalize the whole setup. I'll probably be ready by noon, so we can still catch lunch together alright?" Jiyun said as she stood up, about to walk out of the dining area but was stopped by Jaejoong.

"Jiyun ya, let's just take a break for today and enjoy our day ok? Your work is not due until tonight and remember, this report will eventually come to me. I'll approve it unconditionally." He pouted as he showed a puppy face to Jiyun.

Jiyun thought for a while before saying "Ok, i haven't been a good host too..."

Jaejoong beamed and ran towards the kitchen to dish out the pot of stew he had been boiling for their breakfast.


[After breakfast]

"Ok Jaejoong, where shall we head to now?" Jiyun asked as she pressed the switch to turn on the car engine.

"Hmmm..." Jaejoong pondered and looked at his watch. "Let's pick someone up first!" He grinned evily.

"What?"

"To the airport, Miss Chauffeur!"

"Wai... who are we picking up? Did i miss something?" Jiyun asked with a puzzled look on her face.

"Don't ask, we're already late~ The plane's gonna touch down any time soon!" Jaejoong replied.

He could've sworn that he saw Jiyun's jaw drop to the ground. Then he laughed hysterically.

"Kim Jaejoong! Seriously have you been taking lessons from Joon?!" Jiyun shouted and stepped on the accelerator.

"It's ok, he can have the comfort of sleeping on the floor while waiting! It's really comfortable, I swear!" Jaejoong laughed even harder when he tried to imagine how the scene would be like if it were to come true.


[At the airport]

He did not sleep on the floor like Jaejoong had imagined. Instead, he had lied on the row of cushioned chair somewhere else to take a nap, of course covering his face with a random magazine that he had packed along in the hand luggage while in Korea. At first, Jiyun was wondering who the sleeping figure could be. She looked over to Jaejoong who was standing on her right, snickering. She turned back to the figure and started observing. A natural and comfortable dressing style, a black man bag, a cute looking neck rest. Then, she saw that pair of slippers.

"Chunnie?" Jiyun asked, causing the sleeping figure to move a little, but not quite awake yet. The magazine has fallen off his face by now, revealing a tired looking face... with a cute cat pattern eye cover over his eyes. 

Both of them chuckled to themselves and started taking pictures of the sleeping Yoochun, who was still oblivious despite the sounds coming from the camera shutter. Then Jaejoong, the dare devil, tried to pry the eye cover off his face, but received a slap from him instead.

As a last resort, he inched nearer to Yoochun's ear and whispered, "Yoochun ah, your chunsa (angel) is here~".
[A/N: A little word play here ;) By the way, i call Yoochun as Yoochunsa. Once again, it's word play ^^v]

As if on cue, Yoochun woke up instantly and squinted his eyes due to the sudden increase in brightness around him. He cursed out due to the uncomfortable feeling. Then, he used his hands to partially cover his eyes from the light and looked around. That's when he saw Jaejoong and Jiyun.

"Jiyun?" He asked, making sure that he hasn't seen wrongly.

"Yeah Mr Cute-cat-eye-cover-and-neck-rest?" Jiyun joked. Although she has heard several times about him using the cute presents that were given by his fans, she couldn't resist making fun of him.

Yoochun pouted. He wasn't actually a morning person but seeing Jiyun standing in front of him felt like his battery was instantly recharged. Heck, it even felt like his day was made complete (even when the day is just starting). He couldn't resist himself and walked up to her - and hugged her tightly.

"Chun ah! What are you doing?! We are in public!" Jiyun whispered hastily and tried to free herself from his hug - but she knew that inside of her, she has been longing for this.

"Jiyun dear, i've missed you so much!" He said, holding her tighter as he recalled how he almost lost her.

Jiyun felt butterflies fluttering in her stomach and slowly returned his hug. Even though she had refused to admit it, she knew that the weeks of absence without Yoochun was... torturing inside of her. She will not admit that, of course.

"Hey hey, you love birds. Spare a thought for me!" Jaejoong intercepted as he pried the both of them away from each other. He could see that the both of them were blushing hard. Although he was more than happy to continue watching the show, he knew that if they'd stayed any longer, fans would come flocking at them, yelling "OPPA OPPA!!!". He shuddered and pulled his hoodie lower to cover his face.

He faced Yoochun and started saying, "Chun ah, you owe me one.", then turned to Jiyun saying, "Jiyun ah, actually i've helped you complete the report yesterday night. Here's the soft copy, so just enjoy yourself today yeah?"

With that, he walked away from the dumbfounded couple.

"Jae ah, where are you going?" Yoochun called out once he regained his senses, just as Jaejoong was walking further away from them.

"I'm gonna do the both of you a favour by not becoming a gooseberry! Just come home for dinner!" Jaejoong replied without looking back. With that, he walked away.

'Park Yoochun, you owe me a lot!' Jaejoong thought as he stepped into a cab that he had just flagged down.


[The night before (Thursday Night)]

"Yoochun ah, what makes you decide to give me a call? How rare." Jaejoong mumbled as he sat up from his bed. He looked at the alarm clock just beside the bed.

11.45AM. Great. Just Great.

"Does Jiyun have anything on tomorrow?" Yoochun's chirpy voice echoed from the phone.

'Seriously, Yoochun is such a night owl.' Jaejoong thought.

"Judging from the report progress, she may just drop by the office even though it's supposed to be her off day. There's still a fair bit left." Jaejoong replied reluctantly. He threw himself back on the bed as he spoke, wishing that Yoochun would end the call soon. He was THAT tired.

"Ah.... Jaejoongie, can you perhaps, work out some magic and get that report completed by tonight?" Yoochun asked timidly.

Jaejoong sat right up instantly.

"Haha.... Yoochun, i could've sworn that i heard you asking me to help Jiyun finish this report by tonight..." Jaejoong laughed. He was sure it was just his imagination.

"No, you heard it right..." Yoochun said as his voice grew softer....

"Why should i?"

"Cos... cos... i'm at the airport right now?" Yoochun said.

"Whatever for?"

"I finally persuaded Kang to let me head over to where you guys are before the both of us make our way to Thailand on Friday night for the preparation of the concert. Please tell me you haven't forgotten about the concert?"

"Ah. yes, that. But what has that got to do with completing the report by tonight?" Jaejoong was puzzled. Jiyun could've done it by tomorrow and the report would be sent over to Kang by end of the day, just as planned.

"Well, i'm making the trip there ESPECIALLY to spend time with her... you should know how long has it been since we even met..."

"There's the Singapore concert next week?"

"Public display of affection in front of everybody, including the staff? Paparazzi will have a field day! Jiyun will probably kick me to Pluto and Kang will chop me up into pieces to cook meat stew with ME inside!" Yoochun exclaimed.

"Urgh, i get what you mean. Consider it done." Jaejoong said and immediately hung up even before Yoochun could reply. He sighed. Jaejoong was just too lenient on his dongsengs, especially Yoochun since he had been through a lot during his teenage days. He ruffled his hair, looked at the sms that just came in, informing him of Yoochun's flight details and got out of the bed.

'It's going to be a long night...' Jaejoong thought and walked out of the room for a cup of coffee. triple shots.