The Time She Met His ‘Father’

Only Time Will Tell

Kris and Jihae woke up the way they loved the most; tangled up in each other and last night still in the air.

Kris woke up first to stare at Jihae’s sleeping form. Her long hair was still a bit matted with sweat, and her lips were slightly chapped from screaming and gasping. Looking past the façade of a cold woman, past the love bites he lovingly imprinted onto her skin and clear evidence of sin, Kris saw a scared little girl. A girl he was ready to swear his life to protect and die for. He smiled and kissed her rough lips.

She snuggled closer into his arms, still asleep. He grinned widely and kissed her again. She was a light sleeper, so it wouldn’t be long until she woke up if he kept bothering her like this.

He was right.

“Why are you awake?” She grumbled. Kris usually woke up much later than her.

“Because I love you.”

“You don’t need to forego sleep because of feelings.” She glared up at him. “Now let’s go back to sleep.”

“No.” He smirked.

“Jagi~” She whined when he kept bothering her to keep her awake.

“Wake up. We have things to do.”

“What things? It’s Sunday. The only plans I ever make on a Sunday off is sleep.”

“My boss wants to meet you.”

Jihae shot up. “What?”

“When I told him I wasn’t going to break up with you, he agreed, but told me he wanted to meet you.”

“And when were you going to tell me that?!”

“Last night or today. He wants us to eat lunch with him in his office today.” Kris said, not as freaked out as Jihae. He didn’t understand why she was acting the way she was. “What’s wrong?”

“What’s wrong?! What’s wrong is that I have very little time to mentally prepare myself to meet a man who is the Korean equivalent to your father!”

“You’ll be fine. You’re good with people.”

“This is different and you know it!”

“He just wants to meet you. Relax. It’s going to be okay.” Kris rubbed soothing circles on her back and kissed her shoulders. Her shoulders were his favorite parts of her body. They were the perfect mixture of smooth, tanned, angles and curves. He softly nipped at the skin there.

“Don’t. I can’t even think about having right now.” Jihae got up and jumped into the shower. Kris smirked and followed her. “I’m serious.” She said firmly when he jumped in after her. Her resolute expression wavered when his hands began roaming her body. “Kris. Stop.”

“I don’t wanna.”

“Kris.” After a moment of no response and continued ministrations, she repeated, “Kris.”

“Sure, keep saying my name. That’ll definitely make me want to stop.”

Jihae rolled her eyes, smiling. “Fine, but be quick.” She gave in.

They almost died. in the shower is dangerous. It didn’t help that her shower was small and they were big.

But they’d do it again in a heartbeat.

They both had the biggest smiles on their faces when Kris was toweling them off. She wanted to do it herself, it would have been faster, but he refused to let her.

When he started putting body lotion on her, she could clearly see he wanted to go at it again.

“It’s almost lunch time.” She reminded him gently and went to her closet.

When she wasn’t dressed and still staring at her clothes, Kris went over to inspect the problem. “If you don’t get dressed soon, I’m going to attack you.”

“I don’t know what to wear.”

“Just wear whatever. Seriously, it’s not a big deal, okay? I don’t think I even need to say this, because I’m sure he’ll love you, but even if he doesn’t, I’ll always love you and I’m not going to leave you.”

“I just want to make a good impression on your quasi father.”

“I know, and I’m very thankful you care that much. But just relax. Wear this. You look very pretty in it.” Kris handed her a dress.

“That dress makes me look fat.” Jihae chuckled. “And it’s for winter.”

“Precisely. Let’s cover you up completely so no one looks at you.”

“Oh come on!” Jihae scoffed, “You can’t still be jealous when guys look at me. It’s not like they can have me. They’re just looking. Girls look at you more than any guy has ever looked at me.”

“Not the same thing.” Kris pouted.

“It is.” Jihae pecked his cheek. “Get out so I can get dressed without you leering at my .”

Kris waited for her in the living room, flipping absent mindedly through the channels. He cocked an eyebrow at her when he saw her. “This isn’t a work interview. You don’t have to dress so politely. Look at how I’m dressed.” Kris gestured to his worn in jeans and relaxed button up, as opposed to her dark wash jeans and crisp white button up. Her wavy locks were pulled back into a ponytail and she was even wearing more makeup than usual. “At least wear shorts or something. I feel stuffy just looking at you.”

“You hate when I wear shorts out.” Jihae smirked.

“Just go.” Kris sighed.

Jihae came back, this time wearing a trendier turquoise pair of shorts. “Happy?”

“Yes. You look great. Now let’s go. I already called and let him know we’re on our way.” Kris pecked her on the nose and led her out to the taxi he already called.

They had to circle around the building to check for fan girls before reluctantly deciding to drop her off a block away to be safe. She didn’t mind. She would have walked the whole way there, only fifteen minutes, but he wouldn’t let her. Kris stopped to tie his shoe as slowly as he could until he saw Jihae come up to the door. He got up and opened the door for her as naturally as he could without arousing suspicion from the fans outside. They walked apart until they were out of their line of sight.

He wanted to hold her hand and walk her proudly to his boss, but he was still supposed to keep their relationship a secret to as many people as humanly possible for now.

“You look familiar.” The CEO said the moment he saw her walk into his office with Kris.

“I work as a Sports Broadcasting Correspondent.” Jihae smiled nervously.

“Ah, Wimbledon and the Olympics.” He nodded in recognition.

“Yes sir. That was me.”

“You kind of look like Lee Min Jung.”

“Ah, I’ve heard that before. Thank you.”

“What’s your name?”

“Lee Jihae.”

“Nice to meet you Lee Jihae, have a seat you two.”

The three talked for throughout the lunch. Jihae forced herself to relax and treat this as a work lunch; she was good at faking happy at those things. She could tell he was sizing her up and analyzing every word she said, judging her. Kris was nervous too. He spent all that time encouraging her and comforting her, when he was also nervous having her there. He said it wasn’t a big deal, and didn’t think so at first either, but when he thought about it, it was a huge deal. No wonder she was freaking out, he thought when he came to the realization.

“Kris, could you give us a moment to talk privately?” He asked, but not really. It was more like a gentle order, one that must be obeyed. Kris reluctantly left the room and waited in the hall after giving Jihae an encouraging squeeze to her hand. “I like you.”

Jihae didn’t say anything. What was she supposed to say to that?

“Kris is in a delicate place right now. He only debuted this year, and he’s the leader of the subunit. He has a large fan base, and we have plans for the group. He’s worked very hard for this.”

“I know.” Jihae said, her voice stronger than she expected. “He works very hard at everything he does.”

“I’m not telling you to break up, it’s not like you would anyway. You’d just continue to date secretly and be sneakier. At least this way we wouldn’t be caught with our pants down if the scandal broke loose.”

“I see…”

“I just wanted to tell you not to get in the way. Kris has a bright future, and this is only the beginning for him. I don’t want it all to fall apart when it’s just begun. Do you understand?”

“Of course I understand. Neither of us ever intended to let anyone find out we were dating in the first place. Kris is too busy to tell, and I have no one to tell. “

“No one? Do your parents know you’re dating him?”

“They know I’m alive. We don’t keep in touch.”

“Friends?”

“I have colleagues. I fly around and work too much to keep friends.”

“That’s sad.”

“It’s the truth.”

They finished their talk and she was dismissed. When she stepped out into the hall, she was met by a small chatting crowd of SM idols hanging around Kris. Everyone turned to look at whoever just had a lunch meeting with the boss. After all, not just anyone did such a thing. Kris looked over at her, panicked. The CEO noticed and watched how she would handle the situation curiously.

Jihae bowed politely to everyone, not looking at Kris. “Have a good day.” And she left without another word as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

Kris gaped at the ease she had in pretending not to know him in front of his friends. His boss had to turn away to laugh quietly at his expression.

“Whoa, she was pretty.” Amber commented. Tiffany agreed.

“Isn’t that the newsgirl or whatever for the Olympics?” Tao asked.

“I thought I recognized her! She’s hot!” Chanyeol grinned. Kris glared at him, but said nothing. Xiumin saw and smiled knowingly to himself. After all, he was the only one that put two and two together.

 

 


It's 3AM, sorry for any typos or errors. I'll fix it later.