The Times They Can’t Be Together

Only Time Will Tell

After EXO debuted, it was nearly impossible for their schedules to match up. Kris was always on the move, and it seemed that every time he was in Korea with a bit of a break, she was on a project. Not just any project, but the Summer Olympics. As a fluent English speaker and a growing resume, she was sent over as part of the Korean Press to London. She had to come early and leave late.

Luckily she was there early for Wimbledon, which coincided with the time EXO was in London as well. Unluckily, they were still secret and he wasn’t allowed out, so they were only able to look up at the same sky even though they were finally in the same city.

The best they could do was text each other, call when they can, and monitor each other on the internet.

If he was in Korea when she wasn’t, he would just hang out in her apartment and leave her messages all over her place for her to find when she got back. And if she was going to leave, she’d leave messages for him as well – though neither of them ever knew what they’re schedules were going to be like or if the next time they came to the apartment, they’d be met by their own unread messages.

But sometimes, they were able to meet. Those were the days they treasured. Most of the time they’d do nothing but talk while they had the TV on, and that was enough.

One day, not too long after his debut, he came in to her apartment and found a gift on the table for him.

‘I saw this and thought of you. It’s fresh, but still warm. Wear it and think of me. Sorry I’m not here to greet you. –Ji’

He smiled and opened the case for the cologne. He smelled it and approved her choice happily. It was definitely his style. He had the day off, and he intended to spend it finding a gift for her.

Jihae came back to her house and found it littered with note cards. She read each and every one of them. It talked about his thoughts and what he did in the apartment without her. There were cute little quotes and questionable drawings, ones she kept on her fridge because she thinks they're precious. When she got to her bedroom, she found his gift.

She burst out laughing when she laid eyes on a huge pillow, about as long as Kris was tall. She didn't think something like that existed. There was a close up picture of his face on the pillow. She picked it up and read the back.

‘I know you love to cuddle. Since it can’t be with me, cuddle with this guy. Kevin. I’m sorry I’m not here to hold you. –Kris’

They did things like this back and forth, unable to do much else unless she acted as an EXO fan. They started dating in October of 2011, and it was now September of 2012. Aside from the beginning, when he was still able to sneak out to come to come to her place before his debut and getting shipped off to China, they had only been able to meet face to face three separate times in her apartment.

EXO M was now more based in Korea, and the sporting events slowed down. Now she was climbing up so fast that she was no longer doing little interviews or things the other reporters didn’t want to do and have to fly around on the whim of her boss. The Olympics made that possible for her.

Then Jihae came home and found Kris there, watching TV. Her heart swelled; she was happy that he was finally there when she got home. She missed him.

 

And this is where Keep Talking is.


So we're finally at this point! Yay!

Thanks so much for reading and the support! It means the world!

Pardon any errors I've made, I just finished taking a 100 Q History final and my brain is a bit fried.

Thank you for reading and have a fantabulous weekend!