The First I Love Yous

Only Time Will Tell

Kris and Jihae were able to meet up for a few hours the week before he was going to get shipped off to China for an indefinite amount of time.

They were just sitting on her couch, eating pizza and watching TV. They wanted to soak in as much normal and relaxing together before it was going to be taken away from them.

“I love you.” Kris whispered. He’s known he’s loved her for a long time, but it wasn’t something he was ready to tell Jihae. Today, however, he wanted to let her know she was loved, very much, by him. He ddin't want to leave without saying it.

Jihae stared at him wide eyed. Honestly, she looked petrified. It made sense to Kris, she was always left behind or used. She’d never been told she was loved, not even by her parents. The fact that he said it to her was terrifying for her.

“I—I – Uh—” Jihae stuttered.

“I didn’t say it because I wanted to pressure you or hear you say it back. I just said it, so that you’ll know it. I love you, a lot.”

Jihae just nodded mutely.

The first time she said it back to him, it wasn’t even really saying it.

They were together, but not. They were in the same vicinity, her posing as an EXO fan at one of their events in Korea, and he was on stage with the others. She texted to him throughout the entire thing, knowing he wouldn’t see it until the event was over.

‘These girls around me are giggling about you.’

‘You look really good today.’

‘Are you wearing more makeup than me? I think so.’

‘You’re too tall. You make everyone else look like midgets.’

‘But I like it.’

‘I saw you wink at her.’

‘Before you say it, I’m not jealous.’

‘Okay, maybe a little. But I’m a big girl, I’ll live.’

‘This girl beside me says she wants to have your babies.’

‘She just told me about the future she plans on having with you.’

‘She has names picked out.’

‘Should I be scared? I think you should be. She’s got crazy eyes.’

‘She says you’re like fire; beautiful to look at, dangerous to get close to.’

‘She’s poetic, even if she’s crazy.’

‘I think differently.’

‘You’re like gravity.’

Jihae grinned at the flabbergasted expression on Kris’ face when he sees her getting her album signed. The very one he gave to her with a small drawing of himself on it that he gave to her when he debuted. He looked up at her and grinned widely after he recollected himself. They didn’t say anything, not even a greeting.

When she left the event to go home, she heard her phone beep, notifying her of new messages in her inbox.

‘You’re too cute.’

‘Don’t be jealous of a wink.’

‘Ah, I remember that girl. She was right before you.’

‘I am very scared of that girl.’

As if Kris had the world’s best timing, just when Jihae finished reading the last text, he called her.

“Hey.” She smiled when she answered the phone.

“I love you too.” And he hung up.

Jihae almost missed her stop from smiling too widely and being distracted.

“Who do you love?” Xiumin asked Kris when he hung up the phone.

“Air.”

“Huh?”

“Nothing.”

Kris thought Jihae was like air.

 


It's really short, but I just wanted to post this up before I'm MIA. I have summer school finals to study for ^^

Thanks so much for reading and all the support.

Have a great weekend guys!