Crazy Fools

Stockholm Syndrome [FOREVER HIATUS]

“I thought that Minseok said you’re on vacation, Boss?”

“ that . I need to get my priorities straight by working as much as possible.”

Wu Fan sits by his desk, looking at the papers spread out in the most organized fashion. Yixing sticks out his chest in pride. “I took the liberty of having everything signed and organized for you.”

“What is there for me to do then?”

“Absolutely nothing.”

Wu Fan tosses the papers to the side in aggravation. “Thanks.”

He then reclines with arms over his head. He exhales deeply and it concerns his underlings when they watch him sulk. “Are you alright, Boss?” Jongin is first to ask.

“Yeah, don’t I look alright?” Wu Fan flashes him a cheesy smile. “I’m always ing alright.”

“Something is off today,” Zitao tilts his head. “Where’s Chanyeol?”

Their boss spins around in his chair to evade them. “Who knows, who cares?”

“It’s just…we thought that you were staying at his place?”

“WHO TOLD YOU I WAS THERE?”

Zitao and Jongin both visibly gulp. “We just figured.”

Wu Fan’s expression softens. He rubs his worsening migraine away by the temples before proceeding. “It’s that obvious, huh?”

Yixing’s cellular phone starts to ring and he excuses himself to answer it. An eerie silence falls over the room when they watch him stagger. “Boss, it’s for you.”

He hands him the phone and Wu Fan answers it reluctantly. “…hello?”

 

“WU FAN!”

Wu Fan’s feels his migraine pulsate when he makes out the familiar tone of voice.  It’s no one other than Baekhyun, and he’s probably the last person he wants to hear from at the moment. “What?” Wu Fan forces a reply.

“WU FAN, I REALLY NEED YOU TO COME RIGHT NOW. PLEASE-”

“No.”

Wu Fan hangs up the phone. Zitao and Jongin exchange eye contact in silence. “Why did you hang up on him?” Zitao asks.

“Because,” Wu Fan states, “I’m never going to see that kid again.”

“But it sounded urgent.”

“He’s a nuisance and I’m better off without anyone even remotely related to that kid.” Low and silent under his breath, he sighs. “And he’s better off without me.”

 

All his underlings stare in utter curiosity. Wu Fan just eyes his piles of papers again and sighs.  “If there’s nothing for me to do, I’m going to bed.”

“But Boss-”

“And no one bother me even if someone’s being brutally murdered.”

Wu Fan closes the door abruptly before falling over his mattress. Forcing his eyes shut, he manages to sleep until the next morning.

 

 


 

 

“ing idiot.”

Kris doesn’t wake up to alarm clocks, phone calls, or Chanyeol’s snoring. Instead, he wakes up with a brutal punch to the face and ends up toppling over his mattress. He soon tastes blood and peels his eyes open to a quite flustered Minseok. Never has he seen his father’s right-hand man look so wrong. “What the are you doing here?” he asks spitefully.

Wu Fan can barely stagger up; Minseok’s punch was too strong. “…this is my house?”

“I TOLD YOU TO GO ON VACATION!”

Even someone like Wu Fan feels concern when Minseok starts pulling out his hair. “Stop Minseok,” he offers a hand.

Minseok slaps his hand away. “And when I try to reach you, Yixing tells me not to bother you unless someone is brutally murdered?”

He pulls out a switchblade and aims it at Wu Fan’s neck. “How about I brutally murder you?”

After a wince, Wu Fan slowly recoils from the knife. “Why are you overreacting? So what if I disobeyed. What’s so wrong about coming back anyways?”

“WHAT’S WRONG?!”

Again, with the switchblade, and Wu Fan really has to dodge quicker this time. “MINSEOK, CALM THE DOWN.”

“CALM DOWN?!” Minseok tries to aim for the neck again. He’s fast but ends up tearing through Wu Fan’s many layers of bed sheets and comforters. “DANIEL IS OUT FOR YOUR HEAD AND YOU’RE TELLING ME TO CALM DOWN.”

Minseok takes a jab once more only for Wu Fan to catch him by the wrist. Wu Fan remembers Daniel. One can’t forget a man that cuts another man’s face. “Daniel? Scrawny, grungy brute that used to account all our finances?” Wu Fan scoffs. “What can he do besides this little mark?”

Wu Fan points at his now healing cheek wound. As Wu Fan’s guard is down, Minseok takes opportunity to re-open the wound with a single slice. “!”

Wu Fan backs away with a pained hiss. The wound gushes out red and now Wu Fan tastes and reeks of blood. “WHAT THE IS WRONG WITH YOU?!”

“TEN GRAND,” Minseok’s eyes have full murder intent. “HE STOLE FROM US TEN GRAND. BARELY PAYING BACK HALF AND NOW DEMANDING ANOTHER TEN.”

Wu Fan scoffs again, too amused to even care for his bleeding cheek wound.  “Yeah right… how’s that skinny bastard going to get away with another ten thousand dollars?”

Minseok raises an eyebrow. Composing himself, he takes out a cellphone from his blazer and throws it at the Boss. “This is your phone right?”

Wu Fan catches it and eyes it skeptically. After brief silence, he unlocks it to a new voicemail and Minseok pushes the phone closer to Wu Fan’s ear. “LISTEN.”

 

Wu Fan calls voicemail, not sure what to expect. When it goes through, Wu Fan hears Daniel’s obnoxious chuckling. Wu Fan groans. He has way too many things to deal with than this gutter scum. “Cocky bastard. Remember me? I have a proper ultimatum to discuss with you. Come to the Central Warehouse by tomorrow 12 AM with 10 Grand in hand. And go alone or you’ll be sorry.”

“Like I’d make any transaction with this idiot,” Wu Fan mutters.

Minseok slaps him and Daniel’s voicemail proceeds. “Suppose you don’t come. Suppose you think you’re a better piece of than you actually are. Well, guess what, bastard?”

The phone is briefly silent. Then, Wu Fan hears muttered slurs. And again after that, “WU FAN DON’T COME” blasting his ear drums until it reaches a sudden halt.

The voicemail ends abruptly and Wu Fan drops his phone. There’s no mistaking that voice. “Chanyeol,” His voice becomes shaky. “THAT BASTARD HAS CHANYEOL.”

“I told you to go incognito,” Minseok has no problem gloating. “We’ve been having hunches that Daniel was scheming something and now it seems your little companion is now being held hostage…”

Minseok sits on the cut up mattress. “Too bad he’s going to die.”

“WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?” Wu Fan grips the older man by the shoulders. “I’M NOT GOING TO LET CHANYEOL DIE.”

Minseok peels off Wu Fan’s hands with a grimace. “Well you’re not going to meet him. We can’t afford to lose you or ten grand for some little twerp.”

“CHANYEOL’S NOT A LITTLE TWERP.”

 

Wu Fan grabs the cellphone on the floor and makes for the door. “He’s… precious to me.”

With a slam of the door, Minseok is left alone. Suddenly, he’s shaking his head. Smiling and even laughing, Minseok lays down on the giant mattress. “Crazy fool.”

 

 


 

 

“What do you want with Wu Fan?”

“None of your business.”

“You made it my business when you hit me in the head and tied me to this chair.”

“You’re ing annoying. You’re the most obnoxious hostage ever.”

“I heard that before.”

Daniel slaps Chanyeol across the face in one fatal swing. Despite the sting, Chanyeol endures and shakes his head stubbornly. “Don’t hurt Wu Fan. Just kill me instead.”

“No intention of killing you.”

Chanyeol’s eyes widen. “You’re not going to kill me?”

The scrawny man shakes his head. Squinting his beady eyes, he chuckles. “Boss says to keep you safe.”

“Boss?”

 

Boss was the magic word. Chanyeol’s held hostage in the darkest end of the warehouse. It’s almost too cliché when Daniel bound him to a wooden chair by wrists and ankles. Chanyeol cannot make out faces by the limited amount of florescent light bulbs, but eerie sounds of footsteps can be heard in the distance. He gulps in expectations as the footsteps come near.

Chanyeol sees a large figure in the distance. Under dim lighting, Chanyeol soon realizes he and Daniel was definitely not alone. “Hello Mr. Wang,” Daniel is first to greet.

The balding, husky man stands with two other henchmen. He surveys Chanyeol from head to toe before turning his direction to his partner in crime. “Good work, Daniel.”

“MR. WANG!”

Chanyeol struggles in his binds with no avail. Mr. Wang eyes him in disgust. “Still not an ounce of manners,” he curses. “Just common filth.”

The balding man comes close and Chanyeol spits in his face. After a loud grunt, Mr. Wang wipes saliva off his face with his handkerchief. After drying his face, Mr. Wang grabs Chanyeol by the chin. “I don’t like you. Ever since I laid my eyes on you, you ticked me off. Scum like you have no right to sit by the table, throw fine china at me, and spit in my face.”

Chanyeol bites down on his tongue. “What do you want with me?”

Mr. Wang releases harshly, walking back to his original position immediately after. “I’m going to make use of you, boy. Both men and women will make use of you as well. And when you’re all used up and dying from ual infestation and famine, I will sell you limb by limb until your true worth is engraved in your mind.”

Chanyeol’s heart beat goes unsteady. Not sure what to say, he lowers his head. And Mr. Wang gets absolute pleasure in his submission. He chuckles with a snap of a finger. “Take him away and let’s go.”

Mr. Wang’s two underlings walk towards Chanyeol. Quite ruffled, Daniel steps in front of them. “Y-you guys can’t take him. We didn’t get Wu Fan yet!”

Mr. Wang shrugs. “Not my problem.”

“BUT YOU SAID IF I GET YOU THIS KID, YOU’D KILL WU FAN FOR ME!”

“I never said that.”

 

The underlings push Daniel out of the way and proceed in untying Chanyeol. Besides Chanyeol’s uncontrollable shaking, he’s motionless. Daniel’s the exact opposite. He runs over to the two men and makes quite the ruckus. “NOT UNTIL WE KILL WU FAN!” he grabs a man by the arm.

“Kill this idiot before I do,” Mr. Wang commands. And on command, his henchmen stop untying Chanyeol and end up beating up Daniel by fist and foot.

Mr. Wang watches them in amusement, leaving Chanyeol unattended for a brief few minutes. Because the underlings loosened his ropes, Chanyeol manages to free a wrist from the binds. They are unable to be seen from behind his back and Chanyeol waits patiently and silently as the two large men continue in beating the breath out of the kidnapper.

 

“Hey.”

 

Chanyeol, Mr. Wang, and Daniel look up when they hear the familiar voice call to them. Making his way into the light, Chanyeol’s eyes start to tear when he sees Wu Fan standing in human form. He must be a figment of his imagination; there is no way Wu Fan is actually here. Chanyeol has been waiting for more than 24 hours. “I’m here.”

The underlings drop Daniel in bewilderment. Mr. Wang looks just as surprised. “M-my boy!”

“Mr. Wang,” Wu Fan replies with a slight nod.

Daniel is beat to a pulp, but he still manages to sit upright. “WU FAN YOU BASTARD, WHERE’S THE MONEY YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO BRING?!”

Mr. Wang’s underlings kick him the groin and it silences him. “…you’re partners with him, Mr. Wang?” Wu Fan interrogates.

“My boy,” Mr. Wang laughs nervously. Walking towards him, he flashes a smile. “Do partners hurt each other the way I had my men hurt him? I tried to save your for you!”

Wu Fan’s expression always appears angry, but this time is different. His expression has completely surpassed angry. He’s borderline cynical by now. “Chanyeol is not a .”

He grabs Mr. Wang by the throat, and its signal for Mr. Wang’s underlings to pull out their guns. “WU FAN!” Chanyeol cries.

He unhitches his last wrist from the rope binds. Running full throttle, he manages to push one of the bodyguards into the other. Their bullets end up missing Wu Fan, but the noise is enough to startle Wu Fan into dropping Mr. Wang onto his spine. “Chanyeol-”

“No you don’t.”

 

Chanyeol feels his body being pulled back by the crew neck. He’s so weak from hours of chaffing ropes that Daniel successfully has him in a headlock. Pointing a pistol to his temple, Daniel laughs mechanically. “TEN GRAND, WU FAN. GIVE ME TEN GRAND OR YOUR LITTLE BUDDY GETS IT.”

“…put him the down.”

Daniel chokes Chanyeol harder. Chanyeol starts to gag and Wu Fan demands even louder. “PUT HIM DOWN.”

Daniel presses the gun against Chanyeol’s temple even harder. “What do I get if I put him down?”

 

“…ten grand. And…me.”

“W-Wu Fan,” Chanyeol calls out.

Wu Fan puts down his only gun on the floor. Raising his hands above his head, Chanyeol goes into hysterics. His kidnapper curses profanities at him, but it doesn’t stop Chanyeol from struggling. “WU FAN, YOU CAN’T!” he begs desperately, “DON’T DO THIS! I WON’T LET YOU, I LOV-”

 

WHAM!

 

Chanyeol closes his eyes when he hears the loud noise. Slowing opening them, he sees Daniel fall to the ground. Everything happens in a blur when Zitao and Jongin appear from nowhere. They start smashing into the underling’s faces and Chanyeol looks over to see the same with Mr. Wang. Wu Fan succeeds in knocking him out unconscious before running over to Chanyeol, who is now huddled in utter tremor.  “CHANYEOL,” he calls out to him.

Wu Fan grabs him by the hands. “Chanyeol, we have to go before the police find us.”

Chanyeol is completely motionless. Wu Fan assumes he’s still very weak and decides to carry him himself. He pulls Chanyeol’s arms over his shoulders, slings his body over his back, and lugs him out of the warehouse and into the Escapade parked outside.

Zitao and Jongin arrive moments later. Zitao gets in the driver’s seat and drives off posthaste. “Chanyeol, are you okay?” Wu Fan asks after bucking him down in the backseat.

Chanyeol has stopped shaking, but he’s not making any eye contact with Wu Fan at all. “,” Wu Fan curses.

Baekhyun’s words continue to echo in his head. Chanyeol’s a good kid and Wu Fan should’ve left him alone.

 

But Wu Fan couldn’t leave him alone.

Chanyeol would’ve died if he left him alone.

 

 “Wu Fan. You’re bleeding,” he points to the worsening cheek wound. Touching his face, Chanyeol’s hands shake even more. “You’re hurt.”

“This cut because of my Dad’s advisor. Don’t worry about me, Chanyeol. You’re weak. Get some rest.”

 

 


 

 

They arrive at Wu Fan’s residence in almost an hour’s time. The weak Chanyeol gets carried by Wu Fan upstairs and into his bedroom. Minseok and Yixing have taken their leave, but Wu Fan calls more armed bodyguards to surround the premises. Back to his bedroom, Chanyeol is cradled under layers and layers of soft blankets. Wu Fan closes the door silently and crawls onto the bed beside him. “Chanyeol…are you awake?”

Wu Fan doesn’t expect a reply so he’s surprised when he feels a stir in the sheets. “I’m fine.”

Chanyeol withdraws his head. “I’m fin-”

There’s no hesitation when Wu Fan embraces him. He tackles Chanyeol against the bed. With body heavy on top of him, Wu Fan buries his head into the nape of Chanyeol’s neck. “I’m sorry,” he inhales deeply. “I should have never left you out of my sight.”

Chanyeol reluctantly hugs him back. Wu Fan flinches when he feels the tremble of Chanyeol’s finger tips against his spine. “W-Wu Fan I’m said I’m fine. Don’t be sorry.”

It’s hard to breathe, but Wu Fan only squeezes tighter. “I ignored Baekhyun’s calls. My Dad’s adviser. And even yours. I let you die so you must ing hate me.”

“I don’t hate you.”

“You should hate me.”

“WU FAN.”

Chanyeol pushes him off. Now, face to face and noses only centimeters away, Chanyeol whispers. “You…risked your life for me.”

Chanyeol’s tear ducts are swelling up. With tears streaming his face, he whispers. “You almost died.”

With Chanyeol’s arms wrapped around Wu Fan’s neck, Wu Fan kisses his tears away. While leaving tender kisses all over Chanyeol’s face, he responds. “Chanyeol, you’re crying.”

 

“I-I was so scared.”

“I’m sorry, Chanyeol. I’ll repent for all my sins in hell.”

“Mr. Wang was going to traffick me.”

“I’ll kill him,” Wu Fan continues to leave fluttering kisses all over, “I’ll kill anyone that tries to touch you.”

“I waited for you...”

“I know. I’m the worst.”

“B-but I’m the worst. I got myself kidnapped so that guy could have killed you.”

“Stop hating yourself, Chanyeol. Just blame me. It’s my fault so just hate me instead."

 

Wu Fan’s lips trail to the nape of Chanyeol’s neck. Sweet, tender kisses become rough and Chanyeol ends up rolling his hips to each and every one. “S-shut up,” Chanyeol wipes away his tears with a sleeve. “You came for me and so I can never hate you.”

Between kisses, Wu Fan grows impatient for more.

 

More kisses, more touches, more Chanyeol. “Then do you like me?” he finds courage to ask.

Chanyeol doesn’t respond right away. Wu Fan lifts his shirt and kisses from abdomen to chest. “Do you like me, Chanyeol?”

Wu Fan looks up with sultry eyes. There’s passion in his gaze and Chanyeol’s heart beats faster due to unrivaled longing. “…I like you.”

 

“…then…can I continue?”

 

“…you can continue.”

 

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE: I'M ALIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! ´ ▽ ` )ノ ♥