Scotch and Skin

Stockholm Syndrome [FOREVER HIATUS]

Driving back from the shopping mall, Wu Fan’s cellphone is vibrating constantly. Wu Fan doesn’t answer it despite the redundancy, and Chanyeol doesn’t question him either. The caller is apparent when they arrive back onto Wu Fan’s property. He is bombarded with many of his henchmen showing obvious signs of dissatisfaction and anxiety. “Boss!” the slim man with a cheek dimple speaks up, “We’ve been calling you for the past hour!”

Wu Fan tosses his hoodie to one of his henchmen before grumbling. “Shut the hell up, Yixing. I was out doing errands.”

The dimpled man turns to Chanyeol with skeptic eyebrows. “Then what’s with all the merchandise?” he asks when he sees the laptop, shoes, and apparel cradled in Chanyeol’s arms.

Chanyeol shrugs awkwardly and Wu Fan rolls his eyes. “None of your business,” he hollers before walking into the kitchen to pour himself a glass of smoky Scotch.

Chanyeol cringes when he witnesses the blonde drink down the burning alcohol in one swallow. It is evident that he’s still angry ever since their encounter with Chanyeol’s ex-girlfriend in the electronic store. Chanyeol did not once dare to question it despite his raging curiosity. Even now as he sees Wu Fan pour himself another glass of the strong liquor.

Yixing brings out a black pocket book and starts reading off a checklist. “Many of the residents in the red light district have not been paying their dues, Mr. Wang has invited you to one of his clubs in order to make another proposal, many of your henchmen are demanding their monthly pay and-”

Leaning over the kitchen counter, Wu Fan starts spinning his glass of Scotch in an annoyed matter. “Just send over a few dozen of my boys tonight, book the meeting with Mr. Wang, and start distributing the pay by tomorrow. Isn’t that your job to handle all of this ?”

 “Yes, but if you’d just let me finish!” Yixing rolls his eyes. “The main point is that you forgot that tonight’s your dinner with Mei.”

Chanyeol flinches when Wu Fan drops his cup of Scotch onto the tiled floor. The glass breaks into a hundred scattered pieces, but Wu Fan steps over it without a glance or care. He grabs Yixing by the collar with bulging eyes and inflamed face. “You’re ing kidding me!”

“That’s why we have been trying to reach you all day,” Yixing claims with one eye closed.

Suddenly, Wu Fan starts running upstairs and into his bedroom. It’s not too long before he comes back, decked out in his usual thug-like attire of blazer and adorned jewelry. “How much more time do I have?”

“It’s ten until eight. We can make it if we leave now,” Jongin states and Wu Fan is adjusting his tie as he marches to the front door.

Right before he’s about to leave, he halts in front of Chanyeol. He takes away all the newly bought items out of his hands and into Zitao’s. “I’ll be back tonight,” he says with stern face.

Chanyeol visibly gulps without clear comprehension as to why as Wu Fan eyes him with such full focus. “W-What?” he manages to stutter.

But Wu Fan leaves with a few dozen of his men. He leaves without explaining anything and Chanyeol finds himself shaking his head in discontent and confusion. “Who is this Mei?” he questions the only person he’s left alone with.

Zitao flings the heavy pile of merchandise onto the floor. Wiping off a sweat, he explains. “Mei’s family controls the entire drug trafficking market of Lanzhou so it’s always a special occasion when she comes over here every month or so.”

Zitao beckons for a housekeeper to order two boxes of pizza for supper. The delivery man comes in another twenty minutes and Zitao doesn’t hesitate when he dives in. Chanyeol’s appetite isn’t very strong since his mind is preoccupied with questions.  Zitao is half way in his seventh slice of pizza when Chanyeol interrupts him. “…so this Mei girl is important?”

Zitao throws down the pizza as quickly as possible. “Mei’s family has been in a partnership with Boss’s family for years. They’ve done a lot of business together so Boss practically grew up with the girl.”

Chanyeol starts rocking back and forth in his chair. Pouting his lips, he asks again. “Does he… like her?”

With extremely powerful restraint, the red-headed henchman puts down his ninth pizza. “It’s not a matter of liking her or not. Boss has duties to uphold that a college kid like you wouldn’t understand to save his life.”

Chanyeol can’t help but feel irritated towards the other’s remark. And he especially does not understand the strange admiration that all of Wu Fan’s men have for him. Chanyeol presents a visibly annoyed expression and Zitao ignores it by shoving the eleventh pizza into his mouth. “I’m just curious because I can’t imagine Wu Fan liking a girl or anything,” Chanyeol proceeds, “he’s just so rude all the damn time.”

“I thought it was pretty obvious how Wu Fan would treat someone he likes.”

Chanyeol leans in in mild interest. “Is it?” he asks before Zitao swallows the last bite of pizza. Chanyeol realizes that Zitao has just finished a box of pizza all by himself.

“Yeah,” Zitao just laughs, “the way he treats someone he likes… is probably the same way he treats you.”

 


 

Chanyeol manages to convince Zitao that he’s much too tired to continue their conversation.  The thug leaves him alone in Wu Fan’s bedroom, and Chanyeol takes advantage of the free time to contemplate his next move.

Since that afternoon, the expression on Jin’s face has been etched in his mind. He feels guilty because he left her without explanation. And so, he knew he just had to defy all of Wu Fan’s warnings so that he may call her. Not only did Chanyeol want to ease her curiosity, but also his own as to why she wanted to get ahold of him so badly in the first place. So after much deliberation, he dials the only cellphone number he has ever memorized by heart.

After a few brief rings, the receiver picks up. “H-hello?”

It’s that same, familiar tone of voice and Chanyeol can’t help but smile from ear to ear. “Jin, it’s me, Chanyeol.”

“Chanyeol?” she gasps. “I-It’s you. Where have you been and who the man you were with earlier?”

“I’m-”

Chanyeol really did want to explain everything truthfully to her. Unfortunately, his doubts would not permit him to. Not only did he not want to alarm her about his whereabouts, but he did not want her to get involved over anything else. After a deep inhale, he manages to retain composure. “I’m just working afar right now. That person you saw earlier is my boss and I was assisting him with some things. That’s all.”

There’s a sigh of relief from the other end and Chanyeol finds himself relieved as well. “I thought something bad happened to you. I was so worried,” she shyly admits.

Chanyeol bites down hard on his lower lip. “Why were you worried about me, Jin? We aren’t together anymore.”

“I know but-”

“…you broke it off with me, remember?”

It was obvious that Jin was close to tears when she raises her voice. “I know, but I can’t help but worry about you. And that’s why I really wanted to talk to you! I really want to tell you that-”

 

Suddenly, Chanyeol hears muffled chatter come from down stairs. Chanyeol starts to panic when he realizes that Wu Fan must have just arrived home with his posse of men. “Jin I’m sorry! I’ll call you back as soon as I can, but right now, I have to go.”

“Chanyeol, what’s going on? What kind of job is this anyways?”

“Don’t call me back whatever you do!”

“CHANYEO-”

Chanyeol forces himself to end the call and tosses the small mobile device into the nightstand drawer beside him.  Right on schedule, the bedroom door swings open and Chanyeol swears he almost dies from the adrenaline rush.  It’s Wu Fan who come staggering in, bringing in the strong stench of alcohol and cigarette smoke with him.

Without a word, he collapses on the bed and Chanyeol jolts his entire body in surprise. “Wu Fan! What the hell?”

Face first into the bed sheets, Wu Fan curses. “Shut the up, punk. I’m tired as hell right now.”

Chanyeol leans in closer and the strong mix of Scotch and various other alcohols engulfs him. “You’re wasted, aren’t you?”

Wu Fan forces himself into sitting position. He starts rubbing his temples and lets out an exhausted sigh. “It’s always like this when Mei’s here. She can’t handle her alcohol for .”

“…this Mei girl is here?” Chanyeol raises an eyebrow.

“I tell her every time for her to rent a hotel room or something, but she always gets drunk off her and ends up here.”

Wu Fan sits up straight and starts to undo his dress shirt button by button. “W-What do you think you’re doing?!” Chanyeol shrieks.

“Mei’s passed out in the guest room. Where the hell am I supposed to sleep?”

“THE COUCH? HAVEN’T YOU BEEN SLEEPING ON THE COUCH THIS WHOLE TIME?”

“LIKE HELL I WOULD SLEEP ON THE COUCH.”

Wu Fan slowly undoes his tie before throwing it and his dress shirt onto the floor. It’s too sudden when Chanyeol gets an eyeful of back and glistening flesh when Wu Fan pulls off his wife beater underneath. Chanyeol’s surprised when Wu Fan reveals an assortment of tribal and dragon tattoos marked all over his muscularly built back and arms. They are typical for any racketeer, but it actually suited him to a tee. Chanyeol finds himself sheltering his eyes with a pillow before complaining once more. “W-Why won’t you go sleep with that girl of yours? You know her longer!”

Wu Fan turns towards Chanyeol with a spiteful stare. “I’m not going to sleep with her. She’s not my bottom *, you . And she isn’t my girl either.”

“Well I’m not either!” he yells before throwing the pillow into Wu Fan’s unsuspecting face. “Sleep somewhere else!”

Chanyeol flinches instinctually when he sees Wu Fan too close to popping a blood vessel. Wu Fan controls himself by withdrawing his fist and lying down with eyes shut closed. “I’ve been so hospitable towards you and you can’t let me sleep on my own bed for one ing night? Even though my head hurts like a mother er, I’m not even kicking you out or anything. There’s nothing wrong with sharing a bed this big so stop being a whiny little .”

Chanyeol’s not so sure how to respond so he just lets the silence linger alongside the darkness of the room. Chanyeol sits up straighter when he realizes he’s watching Wu Fan’s chiseled chest and abdomen heave for far too long. “H-hospitable my ,” Chanyeol clears his throat, “…you’re always mean to me.”

Wu Fan reopens his eyes before slowing turning onto his side to face Chanyeol. Chanyeol tries to skid back, but the musky scent on Wu Fan is strangely alluring and he finds himself leaning in closer. “Chanyeol…what am I?”

Chanyeol’s eyes become shifty before he averts eye contact completely. “W-What do you mean?”

“I’m a ing leader of an entire branch of a Triad gang. How the hell am I supposed to act but mean to people?”

“B-but to me…you’re…especially mean.”

“Especially mean?” Wu Fan laughs even harder. He sits up straight and so close that Chanyeol is practically falling off of the mattress. “You sure demand a lot for a hostage such as yourself. Tell me princess, how do you want me to treat you?”

Chanyeol finds the courage to hold eye contact. Looking into Wu Fan’s transparent brown eyes, he’s almost at a loss of words. “...you make me follow you everywhere, you’ve abused me physically, and you harass me all the time too. And you buying things do not make up for calling me a worthless piece of or a whiny little or dumb . Yeah, you’re their Boss, but you don’t treat your henchmen this inhumane!”

Chanyeol expects to get his skull crashed, but instead, Wu Fan sits up straighter. He leans in closer until Chanyeol is backed up onto the bed frame and Wu Fan corners him from all angles with his arms. Chanyeol shuts his eyes close and reopens them to see Wu Fan’s face just a few inches away from his own.

Even in darkness, Chanyeol can make out that condescending smirk. And Wu Fan’s scent infuses with him because the aroma of Wu Fan’s Scotch and skin is much too strong. Wu Fan smiles when he places his hand past Chanyeol’s head and onto the bed frame railings behind him. “So…not only should I give you expensive clothes, electronics, and my own ing bed, but I should also compliment you, refer to you with tender nicknames, and treat you like the princess that you are? Is that ing right?”

“N-NO, I NEVER SAID THAT. WHAT I MEAN IS-”

“It’s fine,” Wu Fan just chuckles, “I think you’re right.”

Chanyeol visibly swallows when Wu Fan eyes him up and down, his lips and clutching the bedframe. “But only bottom es get treated like that, Chanyeol~”

“I’m no one’s bottom !” Chanyeol hollers. He bites down on his lips when he realizes the tremble in his voice. To be quite frank with himself, Wu Fan’s sly voice and ambiguous eye contact frightens him more than any malicious threat or any crude remark ever could.

“Awe, come on, Chanyeol,” Wu Fan continues to tease, “It’s not that bad. I’ll stop calling you those mean words like you wanted…I’ll even treat you nicer than anyone I have ever known in my entire life.”

Wu Fan leans in closer. They are nose to nose and Chanyeol turns his head to avoid confrontation of any sort.  It doesn’t do him any good when Wu Fan clutches Chanyeol’s chin and jerks him to frontward position. Face to face once more, Wu Fan whispers close to his ear. “So how bout it huh, Chanyeol? Want to give it a try?”

Chanyeol knows that Wu Fan is drunk. He also knows he should push the bastard off the bed and step on his baby maker repeatedly just for proposing such a demeaning suggestion.  

But in an odd way, Chanyeol can’t help but feel subtle delight whenever Zitao would dub him ‘special’. Chanyeol’s never been treated with such special treatment. And being treated well by a man of substantial power makes it all the more momentous.

Still, Chanyeol knows being a ‘bottom ’ is the lowest of low when it comes to the gang hierarchy. So besides mentioned pros, he tries earnestly to resist the proposal. “Ah-” Chanyeol breathing hitches, “I can’t…”

Wu Fan snorts. “But think of all the perks, Chanyeol.”

“P-perks? Like what?”

He then tilts Chanyeol’s chin upward and Chanyeol knows exactly what’s coming. With eyes closed shut, he holds in all sense of pride and manhood when Wu Fan plants one on him.

He sneaks open an eye when Wu Fan gently brushes his lips onto his. Wu Fan kisses him so softly and soft kisses just so happen to be Chanyeol’s weakness. Chanyeol could not resist him as Wu Fan weaves his fingers through Chanyeol’s hair and Chanyeol latches onto Wu Fan’s chest. After a minute, Wu Fan recoils. “Look how red your face is,” he chuckles.

Chanyeol cups his face immediately. His face is hot and red and Chanyeol just wants to die from embarrassment for what he’s succumbed to. “There is absolutely nothing more humiliating than being a pimp’s bottom …”

He looks up and Wu Fan’s eyes are entirely focused on Chanyeol’s plump, red lips. “Nah,” Wu Fan shakes his head, “there is not one higher honor than having the head honcho of an entire gang want you.”

Chanyeol’s eyes widen and his jaw drops in response. “…you want me?”

Wu Fan just laughs, clutching tighter to the back of Chanyeol’s head and his lips devilishly.  “I do…”

 

 

 

* bottom : a e who sits atop the hierarchy of es working for a particular pimp.


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: hiiiiiii~love squares ftw? i draws you guize krisyeol ok bye ; u ;