You're Possessive, Park Chanyeol

Stockholm Syndrome [FOREVER HIATUS]

It is early morning when Chanyeol wakes up. He opens his eyes to the dim lighting that seeps through the window curtains. He turns to the left to expect Wu Fan’s broad back, but he sighs in relief when there is no one beside him. As he forces himself off of the bed, his cellphone inside the drawer beside him starts vibrating. Chanyeol distinctly remembers it vibrating throughout his sleep. There’s no doubt in his mind that it’s Wu Fan so he just ignores it completely.

His afternoon was relatively like any other afternoons under that blonde tyrant. Wu Fan’s henchmen are pacing the hallways downstairs, Chanyeol is either upstairs sleeping or downstairs eating, and Wu Fan is nowhere in sight. Chanyeol presumes he’s out working, but Yixing tells him otherwise. “Boss’s on a date with Mei.”

Chanyeol’s throat suddenly becomes dry. “Date?”

“Yes. Whenever Mei flies here from Lanzhou, Boss is obligated to take her out shopping and sight see. It’s probably the only time Boss has leisure time to be quite frank.”

Chanyeol starts to pull at his seatbelt and Yixing slaps his hand away because it’s connected to fine leather. “Boss is a bonafide workaholic,” Yixing proceeds, “but he only takes time off work if it’s for Mei. That’s why her visits are so good for him.”

Chanyeol fidgets in his seat again and Yixing reminds him that the leather seat is worth more than Chanyeol’s face and underdeveloped biceps combined. “Wu Fan takes time off for me too. Not just with this Mei girl.”

Chanyeol covers his mouth, immediately regretting his words when Yixing looks at him with disbelief. “Are you jealous of Mei?”

Chanyeol’s palms feel wet and he can feel his face heating up. “WHAT?”

“Yeah,” Yixing concludes on his own. “You’re jealous of Mei and that’s why you keep asking about their relationship. And even now, we’re driving to Boss because you asked me to.”

“I-I’m just curious! And I’m bored at Wu Fan’s house all the time!”

Yixing starts laughing so hard that he has to clutch this stomach; it physically hurts from the hilarity. "Chanyeol, you’re jealous because you’re used to getting special treatment from Boss and you just can’t take it if he’s being the same with someone else.”

“He does not give me special treatment.”

Yixing just blinks at him silently and Chanyeol mock coughs. He acknowledges that Wu Fan gave him his bed, bought him so many expensive things, and last night, Wu Fan even kissed him.

Wu Fan even said that he wanted him.

And Chanyeol isn’t dumb. He’s been playing dumb and he just can’t any further. Even without Zitao’s constant pestering, it’s obvious that Wu Fan treats him just a tad bit better than everyone else. “Fine,” Chanyeol lets out an exasperated sigh. “I’m j-jealous. Even though Wu Fan’s mean, he treats me special and everyone else treats me special too and I don’t know…I feel special.”

Chanyeol knows he’s just an average guy. He’s been told that plenty of times and it’s to the point where he actually believes there’s nothing spectacular about him at all.

But Wu Fan’s the head honcho of an entire Triad that employs hundreds of people. All those hundreds of people call him “Boss” and look up to him like he’s the most important person in the entire world. Chanyeol can’t help but feel special when that same man offers him a bed and buys him a laptop on whim and kisses him and tells him he wants him.

It makes it really hard for Chanyeol to hate Wu Fan.

“We’re here,” the chauffeur informs. Chanyeol follows Yixing out of the car and in front of what it appears to be a night club. There is a ridiculous line to the entrance but Yixing walks past all the people without even a second glance.  The scary bouncer’s expression soon turns welcoming when the dimpled man nods at him. “Mr. Zhang!” the bouncer greets before moving aside the velvet rope.

Chanyeol feels immediate culture shock when the techno music blasts through his ear drums and into his auditory cortex. He feels a strong tap on his shoulder and turns around to see Yixing taking off his jacket. “It’s really hot in here. You should take off your jacket and leave it with the doorman.”

Chanyeol nods before slipping off the chic blazer Wu Fan bought him for him at the shopping mall. His cellphone is vibrating again in his front pocket as he does so. Chanyeol checks it to see seventeen missed calls. “I forgot to call him back,” Chanyeol swallows in terror.

If he answers it now, Wu Fan would probably be screaming his head off. Chanyeol decides to slip the phone into his blazer before handing it to the doorman. He decides it’s best to confront the issue in person anyways.

 

 

Yixing leads Chanyeol through the heaps of people and upstairs. Chanyeol feels a fish out of water when he surveys the masses of people. Some are dancing; most are socializing over alcoholic beverages. Women are dressed provocatively, men are talking provocatively. Chanyeol lets out a sigh of relief when he sees Wu Fan’s figure in the distance. Their booth was filled with approximately eight people, but Wu Fan’s face is enough to make him feel at ease. “Hey Yixing,” Wu Fan greets. “Hey Chanyeol.”

Wu Fan’s voice is surprisingly friendly and Chanyeol feels overly relieved that he’s not angry for ignoring his phone calls. “Sit,” Yixing instructs.

Wu Fan whispers something to the pink haired man next to him and the man slides over to make room for Chanyeol and Yixing. Chanyeol is seated to the left of Wu Fan. On the right, he notices a woman sitting particularly close to him.

Unlike the other women in the club, the woman beside Wu Fan was dressed chicly. With sweetheart neckline and red pumps, she had a mature and refined essence to her. Chanyeol can’t help but visibly gulp when she eyes the docile looking boy. Suddenly, she’s leaning closer to Wu Fan, pressing her chest against his arm and brushing his hand with his. Chanyeol’s nervousness is replaced with immediate annoyance. “Who the hell are you?” she asks shamelessly.

Wu Fan hisses but she continues anyway. “I’ve never seen you before.”

“Chanyeol,” his irritation increases. “Who the hell are you?”

Everyone seated at their table is holding in laughter. Chanyeol looks over and Wu Fan’s biting on his tongue as well. In an odd way, it boosts his esteem.  The woman smirks just once before downing a shot glass. Turning to Chanyeol again, she smiles. “I’m Wu Fan’s fiancé.”

Fiancé, she says. Chanyeol feels his heart lurch.

“Mei!” Wu Fan hollers.

She shrugs, pouting her red lips before taking in another shot glass. Just as Wu Fan has mentioned, Mei’s tolerance is extremely weak. It is apparent when after the second shot she’s already slurring her words and falling from all directions. “Wu Fan, come dance with me!” she asks repeatedly for five whole minutes.

He just replies with a pinch of the bridge of his nose. “EVERYONE LEAVE ME ALONE. TAKE MEI TO GO DANCE WITH YOU!”

Yixing nods in comprehension when he lugs her over to the dance floor with the help with six others. As Chanyeol’s about to follow them, he feels a strong tug at his wrist. “Not you,” Wu Fan notes.

And Chanyeol complies by sitting back down. There’s an awkward silence beside the unnecessarily loud music. Wu Fan is drinking a dry beer and Chanyeol is biting down his tongue in partial annoyance and partial awkwardness. “ert,” Chanyeol is first to break the tension.

Wu Fan drops his bottle of brown ale in astonishment. “The hell? How am I a ert?”

 “You can’t be going around kissing other people when you’re engaged.”

“I’m not ing engaged. Mei likes to spew random like that all the time,” Wu Fan turns away and chugs down half a bottle of brown ale.

Chanyeol’s irritation increases and he presents it with a rising tone of voice. “Well then you can’t just go around kissing people.”

“I don’t go around kissing people,” Wu Fan jeers.

 “You kissed me, you know.”

“Yeah, so what about it?” Wu Fan chuckles in the most nonchalant manner.

Chanyeol veins pulsate as Wu Fan continues to chuckle before downing his bitter beer. Chanyeol doesn’t know how to reply so he just sits silently and stoically. Wu Fan finishes his bottle and eyes the blushing boy before him. “You look pissed.”

“I am.”

“Why are you so pissed? The kiss bothered you that much?”

Wu Fan scoots closer as Chanyeol remains completely silent. Wu Fan pokes the side of Chanyeol’s cheek with a finger. “Why are you so worked up?”

Chanyeol feels his blood pressure rise to unsustainable levels. With cheeks flushing and palms sweating, he stands up abruptly. “STOP TREATING ME LIKE I’M YOUR BOTTOM . SHE’S YOUR FIANCÉ AND I’M JUST YOUR PLAYTHING.  IT PISSES ME OFF.”

Chanyeol storms off into the abyss of the club and Wu Fan runs after him immediately. Chanyeol’s not difficult to find because of his height. Still, the club was way past capacity and Wu Fan finds himself shoving through masses of people.

Chanyeol exits through the back door. Turning around, there is no blonde bastard in sight so he proceeds to walk. He walks with no particular destination as he’s not so sure of his current location. The night is cold as ice and Chanyeol realizes he left his jacket at the club. A part of him is regretful of his brass decision but he continues to walk with no avail.

The black Escalade pulls up in front of him and out comes Wu Fan. “Get in,” the bastard commands.

“Don’t want to,” Chanyeol stubbornly declines.

Wu Fan doesn’t care. He grabs onto Chanyeol’s scrawny wrist and forcibly drags him inside. “It’s ing cold as hell. You must be out of your mind if you think I’m going to let you stay out here by yourself.”

Wu Fan shuts the car door behind them before instructing the chauffeur to take them home.  “You ing idiot…” Wu Fan finds himself repeating. “You are the most moronic bastard I’ve ever met.”

“Stop,” Chanyeol mumbles silently, but Wu Fan continues to bicker.

“You are way more trouble than your worth because you’re so dumb. I don’t know why I even put up with you.”

“Then let me go!” Chanyeol starts to yell. “There’s no way in hell Baekhyun’s going to come up with 10 thousand dollars in two more months so there’s no use in keeping me!”

They pull up in front of Wu Fan’s residence. There’s a brief silence before Wu Fan utters “No.”

He gets out first and Chanyeol soons follows. He follows him through the front door, up the stair case, and into his bedroom in expectation of a proper answer. “Hey, are you listening to me? You are so disrespectful of me right now!”

It all happens in a flash when Wu Fan grabs Chanyeol by the wrists and throws him on his spread-out mattress. He pins him down and Chanyeol is left struggling and writhing underneath him. “LET ME GO!” Chanyeol shrieks.

“Engrave three things into that thick head of yours, Park Chanyeol,” Wu Fan flashes a finger in front of his bewildered face. “One, don’t come to conclusions all on your own. I told you Mei is not my fiancée so there’s absolutely no point in getting so worked up about it.” Wu Fan sticks out a second finger. “Two, I was just ing with you the night prior. I never will nor will I ever have a bottom . I’m enough of a man to promise you that.” Wiggling three fingers, he speaks louder. “AND THREE, if you’re jealous of Mei, you should just be a man and admit it already!”

Chanyeol stops his struggling, left panting after all the physical extrusion.  “A-admit what?” Chanyeol can no longer refrain himself from asking.

Wu Fan loosens his grip and pulls himself off of Chanyeol. “It’s so damn obvious you’re jealous of Mei. Why else would you get so angry about me having a fiancé and kissing you?”

He’s about to go to the balcony for a smoking break when he feels a pull at his wrist. He turns back and Chanyeol’s blushing from neck up. “…f-first you’d have to admit that you’re possessive of me too.”

Possessive?”

“That’s right.” Chanyeol straightens his posture. “You never leave me out of your sight and you’re jealous when you see me with girls…you’re just as bad as me so don’t act all high and mighty now.”

Chanyeol expects defensiveness, but Wu Fan just scoffs in mild amusement. He turns face forward Chanyeol and Chanyeol finds himself backed up against the bed once more. “I admit it. I thought it was ing obvious to begin with?”

Wu Fan is actually very charming in the way he is currently treating the younger. Chanyeol feels his pulse quicken when Wu Fan weaves his fingers through his fringe. Wu Fan tucks Chanyeol’s loose strands of hair behind his ear before whispering into it. “I’m into you, you idiot.”

Chanyeol is wincing until he’s lain flat onto the cold bed sheets beneath him. Wu Fan lunges himself over only to eye him up and down until Chanyeol feels the absolute need to stop his advances. “Wu Fan, you’re not sincere so I don’t like it.”

Wu Fan raises an eyebrow. “But what if I am sincere?”

Chanyeol flinches once more when he feels cold fingers slip through his shirt. “If I am, will the feeling be mutual?”

He slides his hand further and his touch sends chills through Chanyeol’s spine. “Stop me if I’m wrong.”

Chanyeol wants to push Wu Fan off of him, but his body completely shuts down. His limp limbs do not do a thing as Wu Fan mumbles sluggishly and admittedly ily into his ear. “I’m guessing it is.”

Wu Fan pulls of his jacket before aiming for Chanyeol’s lips. Slowly but steadily, Wu Fan makes use of every opportunity to make Chanyeol his. He dominates his lips when he bites down, the breath out of the other until Chanyeol’s left obscenities.  With every flick of the tongue, Chanyeol rolls his hips just a little bit quicker.

Wu Fan then takes over Chanyeol’s body when he every crevice of Chanyeol’s neck, collarbone, and chest. Wu Fan eventually pulls Chanyeol’s shirt over his head before taking a moment to survey Chanyeol’s flushing red face. Soon, he’s forcing a hand through Chanyeol’s slacks only to be stopped by Chanyeol’s grip. “B-boss,” Chanyeol slurs.

“It’s Wu Fan.”

“Wu Fan,” Chanyeol bites on his tongue hard. “Don’t go any further…”

“What?!” Wu Fan’s voice comes out more angry than expected. “Why? Don’t you want to do it? You’re getting really into it!”

Chanyeol manages to get out of Wu Fan’s hold. He slips is shirt back on before crawling under the sheets. “I’m going to sleep now. If you have any respect for me at all, you’d leave me be.”

The blonde goon doesn’t exactly know how to respond to him. So he just doesn’t. Wu Fan leaves him alone as he slips into the balcony to have a cigarette. Part of him is disappointed but mostly, he just feels regret. “This was a mistake…a huge mistake.”  

Chanyeol pretends to fall asleep, but he just spends the remainder of the night thinking himself. He lies on his side so he can watch Wu Fan smoking from beyond the balcony door. Chanyeol is close to yelling on the top of his lungs because he’s so conflicted. “Bastard,” he repeats like a mantra. “You bastard…”

Chanyeol’s pretty sure he doesn’t hate Wu Fan as much as he should.

In fact, he’s almost certain he might really him just a tad too much.

 


 

Wu Fan wakes up to a knock on his bedroom door. Peering an eye open, he sees Chanyeol sound asleep. The knocks persist and he gets up to answer it immediately. The culprit is Yixing and Wu Fan snarls in his presence. “What the are you doing, knocking so early in the morning? You’ll wake up Chanyeol!”

Yixing shrugs. “You know Mei’s flight was an hour ago right?” he asks after much hesitance.

Wu Fan lowers his gaze. “…yeah.”

“She was waiting for you to her to the airport, but you never woke up. She never had to come fetch you before.”

“Yeah but…I didn’t want to leave Chanyeol alone,” he turns over to look at the sleeping boy. “I don’t think he’d like it if I escorted Mei…”

Yixing lowers his gaze. “I see.”

Wu Fan’s about to close the door when Yixing stops him dead in his tracks. “By the way, Boss.”

Yixing holds out a blue blazer jacket. “It’s Chanyeol’s. He left it in the club last night. I would have forgotten it too if it weren’t for the loud vibrating coming from his cellphone all night.”

“His phone?”

Wu Fan pulls out the little mobile device and unlocks it immediately. Flashing on the screen is a total of 32 missed calls and 1 voice message. Wu Fan glares at is in disbelief. “Who the hell calling Chanyeol so damn much? I specifically told him he’s not allowed to call anyone but me!”

Yixing sighs heavily. “I don’t know, but I have to answer some angry voice mails from Mei’s family now. They’re not going to happy to find out their expected son-in-law completely forgot their daughter because of some college student kid that he’s been keeping hostage.”

Yixing leaves posthaste, leaving a discontent Wu Fan alone. He looks over and Chanyeol’s still fast asleep. Wu Fan doesn’t hesitate when he answers the voice message. The speaker starts immediately and Wu Fan can identify the voice almost just as fast.

“Chanyeol I’ve been calling you all day! I know you told me not to call you, but how can I not when you left me so many unanswered questions? Please get back to me soon. I really need to talk to you. Chanyeol…please… I miss you.”

Wu Fan hangs up the phone. On impulse, he kicks the wall and it’s enough for Chanyeol to slowly rise from the bed. His head is disheveled, his shirt hangs loosely around his shoulders, and he’s rubbing his sleepy eyes lazily. Chanyeol’s the vision of absolute adorableness and Wu Fan can feel himself fawning over him over and over again inside of his head.

But there’s no escaping his anger when Chanyeol looks up with ambiguous, blinking eyes. “Wu Fan?”

 

“Good morning, Chanyeol...”

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: "You're possessive, Park Chanyeol" > "You're in Love, Charlie Brown" ~ hi again, missed you guys ; u ;