The Blonde Boss

Stockholm Syndrome [FOREVER HIATUS]

It seemed like only a minute ago when Park Chanyeol shut off the lights. But two hours has already gone by and he’s still counting sheep. After a few tussles with his blanket, his eyes snap open. “Baekhyun,” he calls over to his roommate tucked in the bed to the left of him. “I can’t sleep.”

Byun Baekhyun doesn’t answer him. He has his head tucked under the covers to appear as if he were sleeping. Chanyeol just rolls his eyes before aiming a pillow at Baekhyun’s head. “I can hear you on your Gameboy. Stop pretending to be asleep!”

On cue, Baekhyun reveals his face. “Ouch!” he whines, “I’m trying to capture a Suicune here!”

“What’s more important? Me or Pokémon?”

Baekhyun doesn’t answer and Chanyeol replies with a heavy sigh. “Even if it’s not a concern to you…my girlfriend broke up with me today.”

Baekhyun resists the urge to continue his Pokémon battle. He fights his inner demons and shuts off the game. “What happened man?”

Chanyeol lies back onto his mattress with eyes closed tight. “She said she was bored with me.”

Baekhyun snorts. “What? There is never a dull moment with you.”

Chanyeol smiles subtly in response. “Thanks I guess.”

It’s another ten minutes of Baekhyun waiting patiently for Chanyeol to talk and ten minutes of him resisting the urge to turn on his Gameboy.  “Forget her man. You’ll find someone better eventually,” he tries to console.

Chanyeol just tenses his face. “You know what I realized? There’s nothing special about guys like us. We’re just average Joes going through the education system like any other lackluster conformist. We have with no passion, no motivation, and no talent in anything. I guess that’s why every girl I date gets bored with me.”

“Hey!” Baekhyun jolts out of his bed. “I beg to differ but I’m an extremely gifted poker player.”

Even in darkness, Baekhyun can sense Chanyeol rolling his eyes. “Stop gambling, dude. You have a serious problem.”

Baekhyun is an instance away from strangling his roommate, but he practices self-restraint once more. Instead, he forces out a laugh. “We’re not average guys. And you are definitely not boring. And one day, you’re going to find someone that sees that. As a bonafide ladies’ man, trust me.”

Chanyeol erupts into laughter. Even if his roommate isn’t the best person to confide in, Baekhyun’s little pep talk actually succeeded in cheering him up a bit. “Thanks… Honestly.”

Baekhyun smiles. “Anytime man. Try to sleep alright? It’s the first day of summer vacation tomorrow and remember that we promised each other we’d actually go out and look for jobs this time.”

Baekhyun tucks his head under the sheets again and Chanyeol can hear him turning on his Gameboy. There is no doubt in his mind that Baekhyun’s playing slot machines in Goldenrod City. “You really have a gambling problem. I’m contemplating when to sign you up for gamblers’ anonymous,” Chanyeol mumbles before closing his eyes and steadily falling into deep sleep.

 

BAM!

Baekhyun drops his game console when he hears the sudden ruckus. “Chanyeol, did you hear that?” he gasps.

Being a light sleeper, Chanyeol slowly opens his eyes. “What is it?”

“I don’t know but-”

There are faint footsteps. The footsteps are obviously approaching them as the sounds grow louder and louder.

Then, in a matter of seconds, BAM!

Their bedroom door comes crashing down.

Two tall men decked out in black and tattoos have just kicked down their bedroom door. It’s too dark to identify their faces, but by analyzing their build, Chanyeol can tell that they were both young and robust. Always the illogical one, Baekhyun foolishly leaps out of his bed. “WHAT THE HELL?” he hollers.

One guy suddenly runs over and grabs Baekhyun by the arms. After much struggling, the guy puts Baekhyun into a tight head lock. Chanyeol instinctually follows screaming. “Let him go!”

Before he knows it, the other guy has Chanyeol’s arms locked behind his back as well. It’s all an ambiguous blur when the man pushes a cream white rag against his mouth and nose. The rag muffles his outcries and takes away his liberty to breathe. Chanyeol lets in a deep inhale and Baekhyun is still screaming. “Don’t breathe it in! It’s chloroform, Chanyeol!”

It’s already too late. Chanyeol inhales the strong vapor until his eyes feel heavily lidded. In just a few more seconds, Chanyeol passes out unconscious.

 


 

“I thought you were different, Chanyeol. You’re actually a boring guy, you know that?”

Chanyeol sees her turn her back on him. All he can do is watch her go; watch as her cold shoulder evades him.

And all he sees turns white. White and inevitable hopelessness.

“Wait!” he calls out to her.

She stops walking away from him abruptly. Slowly, she turns her head and starts walking back towards him. Soon, they are but a foot away. He brings his hand to her face, caressing her cheek tenderly. “I love you,” he confesses. “I love you.”

She smiles, flashing her pretty white teeth. She opens and Chanyeol expects to hear her sweet, melodious voice.

Instead of her familiar tone, all he hears is a voice too husky and deep. “Wake up.”

Chanyeol takes a step back in astonishment. “W-what?”

“I SAID WAKE THE UP.”

 

Chanyeol wakes up wide eyed and finds himself drenched in cold ice water.  He starts shivering as he surveys his new surroundings. Baekhyun is nowhere in sight and it is apparent as day that he is no longer in his college dormitory. The brightly lit room is furnished much too well. Chanyeol has never set foot in a room with so much luxurious furniture and decor. His eyes are skittering before he realizes a figure standing before him. Looking up, an extremely tall and intimidating man is staring him down. Chanyeol almost skids back because he’s so stunned.

His first impression is that the man is very handsome. His face was sharp and long, accentuated by his bleach blonde hair. His eyes, nose, and mouth were even sharper and Chanyeol swears a man with these unrealistically handsome features cannot be human.

A more thorough look and Chanyeol makes out two guys behind him. There was no mistaking that those were the two goons that trespassed into his dorm room. “Thought you were dead or something,” the blonde man chuckles.

It’s that husky, deep voice. And Chanyeol suddenly feels like punching that handsome mug repeatedly. “Where am I? WHERE’S MY ROOMMATE?”

The blonde man sits down on the desk behind him and folds his arms. “That ing friend of yours owes me 10 grand.”

Chanyeol’s eyes widen and he suppresses a girlish shriek. “TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS? BAEKHYUN DOESN’T HAVE TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS!”

The blonde man lets out a faint chuckle. Suddenly, his face grows dire and frighteningly serious. “Then he shouldn’t have bet money he doesn’t have now, shouldn’t he?”

The man gets up and closes the gap between them. His face is uncomfortably close to the point that Chanyeol can see every small speck and scar on his porcelain white face. The blonde man grabs Chanyeol by the chin and Chanyeol cannot break free of the restraints tied around his wrists. The blonde furrows his brows. “And he shouldn’t have ed with me of all people.”

Chanyeol manages to break free of his clutched hand onto his chin. “What do you want from me?” he hisses.

The tall man before him smirks the most condescending of smirks. He pulls a mobile phone out his back pocket and dials. Just a few rings and Chanyeol can hear a high pitched outcry. “WU FAN!”

That voice can only belong to his roommate and Chanyeol lifts up his hopeful head. “Baekhyun!” he yells.

The blonde man crouches just to push his two forefingers against Chanyeol’s lips. Chanyeol really wants to bite the bastard’s finger off as the blonde rudely hushes him. “You little ,” the blonde man states through his cellular phone, “I have your friend here. And you have my ten grand.”

“WU FAN SIR I’M SORRY BUT I-I DON’T HAVE ANY MONEY!” Baekhyun cries out hysterically.

Even if he’s bind by ankle and wrist, Chanyeol manages to scoot closer to the blonde man. “Let me talk to him, please!” he begs with pitiful eyes.

Baekhyun is still crying over the phone and the blonde just stares at Chanyeol in complete silence. Surprisingly and suddenly, he puts his phone on speaker and Baekhyun’s voice echoes throughout the entire room. “BAEKHYUN!” Chanyeol hollers.

“CHANYEOL? YOU’RE ALRIGHT?”

“Baekhyun, what the did you get me into? Where the hell am I?”

“I-I’m so sorry, Chanyeol! I swear I was on a winning streak and thought I’d win for sure! T-they were bluffing and they tricked me a-and-”

“DIDN’T I TELL YOU THAT YOU HAVE A GAMBLING PROBLEM? WHY THE HELL ARE YOU MESSING WITH THUGS YOU STUPID LITTLE ! I’M GOING TO-”

The blonde rolls his eyes before turning off the speaker option. He places the phone against his ear and clears his throat. “As I was saying…you have my money and I have your friend. You have the summer to get me my money. If not, I’m taking your friend’s life. Do I make myself clear?”

“GO AHEAD AND TAKE HIM!” Chanyeol hears Baekhyun shriek.

“I HEARD THAT BAEKHYUN!” Chanyeol yells louder.

“THAT’S WHAT YOU GET FOR CALLING ME A STUPID LITTLE PARK CHANYEOL YOU PIECE OF-”

The blonde pulls out a 9mm pistol out of his blazer’s pocket. He pushes it close to Chanyeol’s temple, flicking the decocker lever and it’s just loud enough for Baekhyun to hear. “I’ll kill him,” the blonde raises his tone of voice. “I can easily end his life right now and you two are treating this like a ing game.”

Chanyeol is suddenly sweating through his pits and Baekhyun apologizes immediately. “I’m sorry, Wu Fan sir. P-please spare my friend. T-take me instead!”

The blonde man, known as Wu Fan as Chanyeol presumes, lets out a low chuckle. He flicks the decocker once more before slipping it into his blazer pocket. “If I just take you, where’s the fun in that?”

His close gaze eventually directs at Chanyeol and Chanyeol can barely let out a breath. “Three months,” Wu Fan threatens. “Get a job, sell your body, sell your soul. I don’t give a what you do but in three months’ time I better see 10 grand in my hands, Byun Baekhyun.  And if I don’t get my 10 grand ... you get a dead corpse.”

He ends the call and shoves his phone back into his pant pocket. He stands up and stretches. Watching the man let out an obnoxious yawn, Chanyeol can’t help but feel enraged. “Why are you hustling him? He’s just a broke college student, and aren’t you rich anyways?!”

Wu Fan raises an eyebrow. “Zitao, Jongin,” he calls to the tall goons in back of him. “You may leave now.”

“Yes boss,” they bow simultaneously before leaving the room paste haste.

Boss, they called him. It is almost too obvious that this ‘Wu Fan’ character was a person of limitless power. Chanyeol can tell just by comparing the simple black tee and pants of his two henchmen to Wu Fan’s flashy attire of blazer and slacks.

Wu Fan crouches once more and his hand suddenly comes close to Chanyeol’s hands. Chanyeol flinches with eyes shut, but reopens then when he sees the blonde man untying his wrist bindings. “I’m a businessman. It’s what I do,” he says in a strangely friendly and informative tone. “As any other great capitalist would say, ‘profit is king’. And as a capitalist, I am only doing what I must to maximize my profit.”

Chanyeol grits his teeth. “But you’re not a capitalist. You’re a gangster.”

Wu Fan shoots Chanyeol a look before he pulls the ropes off of Chanyeol’s thin wrists. Chanyeol rubs at his suffocated wrists and Wu Fan proceeds in untying Chanyeol’s ankle binds. “I’m the heir to a business of five generations before me.”

“You commit crimes for money.”

“I’m maximizing my profit.”

“You kidnapped me and you threatened to kill me!”

Wu Fan throws the restraints off of Chanyeol’s ankle and lunges towards Chanyeol. Chanyeol flinches once more before peeking open one eye. Wu Fan doesn’t wear an expression of murder intent. Instead, he’s smirking condescendingly once more. Chanyeol already hates that haughty look more than any other expressions of his. “And you’re just a little too arrogant for your own good, aren’t you?” Wu Fan chuckles. “Park Chanyeol…is it?”

“Wu Fan, are you?” Chanyeol scowls in response.

Wu Fan laughs aloud before getting up and offering him a hand. Chanyeol just stares back in confusion and Wu Fan’s too impatient to wait for him to get up. He grabs the boy’s arm and pulls him to the standing position himself. Chanyeol hisses and Wu Fan ignores him by walking away. “I’m going to the other room. And don’t even think about running away. There are approximately fifty men securing the area and they all are instructed to beat up into oblivion.”

Exhausted and panicked, Chanyeol collapses on the couch beside him. Wu Fan returns later with something in hand and Chanyeol questions him immediately. “Where am I exactly?”

“My place, where else?” Wu Fan answers as he throws the object in hand at Chanyeol.

The thing is flung at his face and Chanyeol examines it only to see that it was clothing. “Pajamas? Why are you giving these to me?”

Wu Fan rolls his eyes. “I’m lending them to you. You’re about my size. They should fit you just fine.”

“You’re giving your sleepwear to me?!”

“What else are you going to sleep in, you dumb ?! Your clothes are soaking wet!”

“You’re the once you poured the bucket of water on me in the first place!”

“Just put on the damn clothes already!”

Chanyeol takes a moment to process everything before he spews incomprehensible gibberish that might just get him killed. “I don’t get this! I don’t get this at all!” he mumbles aloud.

“Shut the up. I’m tired.”

Wu Fan starts walking away as he strips off his heavy blazer jacket. Chanyeol chases after him until he catches up. “And where am I supposed to sleep exactly?”

Wu Fan proceeds in walking into another room and Chanyeol follows him inside. The room was just as nice as the office-like room they were just in. Only this room had a ridiculously large and ethereal-like bed in the center of it. Chanyeol holds in his breath in astonishment when he surveys the flat screen television, the endless walk in closet, and the overall large capacity of the room. “Is this your bedroom?”

“Yeah,” Wu Fan slurs as he continues to walk to the right. He opens a door which leads to the balcony of his bedroom. Chanyeol follows him like a lost puppy and Wu Fan takes out a lighter and cigarette box out of his blazer. He lights his cigarette before smoking nonchalantly. “You can sleep there,” he answers after a few puffs.

Chanyeol widens his eyes and his jaw drops. “I CAN SLEEP THERE?”

He quickly eyes the bed and turns his attention back at the blonde criminal. “That bed is the biggest bed I have ever seen!”

Wu Fan covers his ears because the kid is yammering much too loudly. He exhales the smoke into Chanyeol’s face in order to shut him up. It doesn’t work and Chanyeol continues to ramble in disbelief. “I’ve never slept in a bed that big in my life!”

Wu Fan snorts. “I saw that puny dorm mattress of yours. I can already tell.”

“But!” Chanyeol jumps in front of Wu Fan so suddenly that he almost spits out his cigarette. “W-where will you sleep?”

Wu Fan shrugs, leaning his arms onto the balcony stands. “I don’t know. The couch or something.”

“THE COUCH? WHAT ARE YOU SAYING? I DON’T UNDERSTAND AT ALL! I-”

Wu Fan throws his dying cigarette out of the balcony in order to cover Chanyeol’s mouth with his ridiculously large and sturdy hands. “You,” he hisses, “are so ing annoying. Can you shut up for just one damn minute?”

He releases his hand and proceeds in lighting another cigarette. And Chanyeol shuts up for just one damn minute. “…are you this nice to all of your hostages?”

Wu Fan scoffs. “What? Am I supposed to lock you up in a dungeon or something? Feed you three square meals of rotten meat carcass and make you pee in a corner of your room? What is this, The 1700s?”

Chanyeol just shrugs. “…no but…”

Wu Fan takes his cigarette out of his mouth. “Just go to sleep, kid. I’m trying to relax here and you’re really annoying me right now.”

Chanyeol feels the audacity to take a step closer to his kidnapper. Examining Wu Fan’s face, he sees a subtle sadness in his expression that he just cannot read. Chanyeol furrows his brows because Wu Fan confuses him more than any other person he has ever met in his lifetime. More that his crazy aunt Gertrude, more than Baekhyun, even more than his ex-girlfriend who he still believes he’s in love with. “Wu Fan, you’re a weird guy.”

Wu Fan finally looks directly at Chanyeol. “And you’re really annoying, you know that? Who do you think you are, calling me by my name?”

Chanyeol is close to apologizing, but he stops himself just in the nick of time. There is no way he’s going to apologize to a guy that is holding him captive against his will. “What am I supposed to call you then?”

“Boss, Master. Anything but Wu Fan, you unworthy punk.”

Chanyeol just cringes from the mere thought. “I’ll pass.”

“You’ll pass the hell out if you don’t get out of my sight in .02 seconds!”

Chanyeol puts his hands up in forfeit before escaping into the bedroom. As Wu Fan smokes his third cigarette, Chanyeol quickly changes into Wu Fan’s pajamas. Even if they are a tad too big, they are extremely comfy. He is giddy when he plops himself on top of Wu Fan’s giant bed. This bed layered with soft and plush covers is even more comfy and Chanyeol coos out of pure relaxation. He buries his head into the thread count of 1000, 100% sheets of Egyptian cotton sheets. It’s so cozy, he almost falls asleep immediately.

Almost as he realizes what position he is now in. “Three months of this before I die,” he mutters to himself.

And he knows he can’t just die this easily. He knows he has to continue college. He knows he has to find himself a high salary job. He knows he has to win back his ex-girlfriend at all costs.

So, no, Chanyeol cannot be easily bought by comfortable clothes and comfortable beds and comfortable gestures. He has already inscribed into his brain his total hatred for Wu Fan.

“Three more months,” he repeats as he steadily falls asleep.

 

And tomorrow is Park Chanyeol’s first day as prisoner under the malevolent, authoritative, and arrogant Chinese Mafia boss, Wu Fan.

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: WOW I JUST POSTED MY FOREWARD YESTERDAY AND ALREADY SO MANY SUBS & EVEN UPVOTES? THANK YOU AND I LOVE YOU ALL! ♥  My past stories took me literally a few minutes to come up with a flowy, cohesive plotline while this one took DAYS borderline WEEKS. So I hope you enjoy reading because I'm pretty excited for this Krisyeol. Bye and hope to hear from you soon! (o´ω`o)