Let's Just Go Back..

Comeback Surprise for Sungyeol

At that time, Sungyeol inside the supermarket…

 

‘Where the hell are you, Myung?’ he thought. He really wants to call the koala name badly, but he can’t risk being discovered here. Argh! Why is kid always good at hide-and-seek!? Now he understand his parent’s feeling when they searched for him every time he played that annoying game—yes, he deemed that game annoying now, thanks to his hyung(s) and dongsaeng(s).

Some people started to look weirdly at his direction and whispering to each other for unknown reasons. There are only two reasons for this. One; they started to recognize him (being a tall person in this kind of situation is REALLY not a good thing. Now he understands how Lee Kwangsoo sunbaenim from Running Man feels every time he has to disguise himself. He promises himself not to laugh at him if he watches Running Man again). Second; they started to suspect him as a e kidnapper who kidnap five kids and now in a mission to find the most angelic kid he ever seen in his life before he finally has his way with all of them.

He shuddered when he think about the last possibility. Get caught as ‘Lee Sungyeol in Disguise’ by the fans is bad enough, but get caught as ‘Lee Sungyeol the e Kidnapper’ by the cops is worse than anything. He sure as hell if the later occurs, it will leave a permanent scar in his mind. He has enough painful memories, thank you very much, and he doesn’t really need more.

“…” Sungyeol cursed under his breath. He leaned against the aisle behind him. He’s now at the kid’s zone, where plushies and stuffed toys are in line of vision. “I’ve been like… spending two or three hours just to find all this babies… it’s ing exhausting…” he sighed tiredly. At time like this, he often thinks about their managers when they recorded for Sesame Player a looooong time ago. They must’ve felt like , trying to find seven coughhansomecough young men that ran around like crazy for their freedom.

“Aish, it’s not the right time to reminisce about the past,” he straighten his posture and continues looking around. Maybe, just maybe, Myungsoo is hiding behind the big pink teddy bear over there. It looks convincing enough as a hiding place and cute enough for kids (and for him) to love.

Hoping his guess is right, he glanced at the teddy bear, only to find empty space behind him. He sighed tiredly. ‘Of course Myung wouldn’t hide behind it… it’s not black, he wouldn’t find it especially cute.’ He thought. Then suddenly, something clicked inside his mind.

“Black… big black teddy bear!” he grinned happily. “Now I just have to find a big teddy bear with black color and see if my guess is right!” he looked around frantically and squealed in delight when he spot one big black teddy bear not too far from his current spot. He practically skips his way there with rainbows and unicorns showering his every step.

Grinning like a pedobear madman, he peeks behind the teddy bear only to find a bundle of cuteness curled up like a ball. Man, talked about being a koala and a kitten at the same time… this kid managed to pull both of those stunt perfectly.

“Soo ah…” Sungyeol squatted so he’s on the same level as the toddler and called him softly. The curled up ball twitched, then he lifted his head. It was such a heart-breaking moment, seeing how Myungsoo’s eyes and nose are red from crying so much. His eyes are really red and puffy, seems like he never stopped crying from the moment he left Sungyeol’s side (which no one knows when). Tears covered his entire cheeks and snots can be seen from below his nose. His soft pink lips is opened slightly due to his hard breathing. His curled up body also trembling violently.

“Owl hyung…” he called out with his broken voice.

“Soo ah…” Sungyeol said with worry clearly written all over his figure. He scooped out the baby into his arms and pulled him into an embrace. “Hey, hey. It’s okay… hyung is here now…” he whispered soothingly into Myungsoo’s ear.

“Eeeeeennngg… Owl hyuuunngg…” Myungsoo cried harder than before. He buried his face in Sungyeol’s chest, layering his thick coat with his salty tears.

“Sshh, shh… it’s okay, Soo… I’m here…” he keep saying sweet words into Myungsoo’s ear, trying to comfort the baby koala that went all out in his embrace. He wanted to ask about his sudden disappearing, but watching the crying baby in his arm, he decided it’s not a good idea to ask him now.

First thing first, he has to get out of here before someone calls the police and telling them there’s a suspicious person who kept dragging children along with him.

So after making sure Myungsoo is safe in his embrace (he’s still crying, but at least he’s breathing), he walked out from the supermarket and stepped towards five bickering toddlers (only three actually, since the other two only become a spectator). He gave them signal to follow him back to the dorm without saying much, since the baby koala had stopped crying and lay asleep in his embrace. Fortunately Sungjong understood him and told his other hyung to go back to the dorm together with Owl hyung. Seeing Myungsoo’s miserable state, they kept quiet on their way back to the dorm. Even the usually loud Dongwoo only kicked pebble that obscuring his way, and the usually nagging Sunggyu kept his nag inside his head.

When they arrived at the dorm, Sungjong and Hoya quickly put their groceries at the kitchen. Woohyun mouthed ‘I’ll make the bed for us to sleep on’ and ran towards Sungyeol’s room (seems like it’s the only room that still safe from their prank), Dongwoo stared at him with his innocent eyes while caressing his left leg, hoping it’ll sooth Myungsoo somehow, and Sunggyu gone somewhere, only to came back with Myungsoo’s koala plushy on his hand (he muttering something that sounds like ‘Mr. Koala will make Soo feel better’).

Sungyeol mouthed a ‘thank you’ to Sunggyu (who surprisingly nice though he was annoying). Not long after that, Woohyun emerges from his room.

“The bed is ready!” he said softly, didn’t want to wake Myungsoo up. Sungyeol nodded absent-mindedly, he has a baby that needs to be taken care immediately after all. He walked towards his room with Sunggyu, Woohyun and Dongwoo trailing behind him, just like a mother-duck followed by its baby-ducks.

He lay Myungsoo down on the soft mattress. Woohyun did a good job at organizing his bed, wonder if he often do it after his you-know-what session with Sunggyu so the older will feel more comfortable. Shuddering at his thought, Sungyeol climbed up the bed and lay beside Myungsoo’s sleeping figure.

He glanced towards the other kids who practically fidgeting, not knowing what should they do seeing their dearest baby sleeping like this. “C’mere,” he said softly, signaling to the other three to climb up the bed with him.

Woohyun elbowed Dongwoo, Dongwoo elbowed Sunggyu, and Sunggyu elbowed the empty space beside him. The elder rolled his eyes embarrassedly (although he masked it by whispering ‘So annoying,’ but his red ears couldn’t lie) and climbed on the bed first, carefully so he wouldn’t wake Myungsoo up.

Woohyun and Dongwoo exchanged glance with each other before they scrambled up the bed together. “Ya, slow down, people. You’re going to wake Soo up.” Sungyeol warned. Woohyun stopped in the middle of his track, while Dongwoo still stuck on the bottom of the bed, unable to climb up due to Woohyun’s blocking his way (he learned fast though, trying to climb up from different side of the bed).

“Sorry, Owl hyung…” Dongwoo whispered guiltily when he finally settled down on the bed.

“No worries,” Sungyeol smiled slightly. Myungsoo is a heavy sleeper after all, just like Dongwoo (although not that severe). They need more than a few nudges here and there to wake him up. Hopefully, his kid form also a heavy sleeper.

The bedroom door creaked open, and Hoya’s and Sungjong’s head peaked inside. Sungyeol motioned them to come in and they obliged, joining their friends on the warm comforter of the tallest bed. Myungsoo stirred a bit on his sleep, make the six of them froze in their place, afraid to make any movement in case they wake the second youngest. Fortunately for them, Myungsoo only turned around to face Sungyeol so he can snuggle closer to the warmth source.

They breathed a sigh of relief in unison.

“What’s actually happen?” Woohyun whispered hesitantly, trying to lower his voice.

“I don’t know either. He just kind of disappeared from mine and Sungjong’s sight,” Sungyeol shrugged. “One thing for sure though, whatever happened to him when he separated from us was not a pleasant thing.”

“We can see that clearly,” that successfully makes whatever respect Sungyeol has for Sunggyu gone.

“Do you really want Owl hyung to gag you, Gyu hyung?” Hoya smirked meaningfully. Sunggyu’s and Woohyun’s face immediately redden with embarrassment.

“What? What kind of thing happened when I’m not around?”

“Believe me, Owl hyung, you don’t wanna know…”

“Don’t you worry, I don’t understand either~!”

“I think you just don’t understand anything…”

“Why? He’s innocent and cute, and it’s all that matter.”

“Can we stop this stupid conversation? You disturb Soo.”

Sungyeol and five other toddlers turned their head towards the source of the voice, which is Sunggyu. He has this cute little pout on his mouth, while his small body tried to cover Myungsoo’s smaller body behind his back so he will not hear this unhealthy discussion.

“I guess he’s right. Maybe we should take a rest,” after regaining his shattered sense, Sungyeol finally said. “It’s a little cramped with all of us here, so should we bring another—“

“NO!!!”

The shouts of the five toddlers shocked Sungyeol to death. Myungsoo stirred a bit on his sleep, make the six of them holding their breath, afraid to make any noise in case they wake the second youngest. Fortunately for them, Myungsoo only moaned softly and continue to sleep (a bit of déjà vu anyone?? Tee-hee~).

“What’s wrong with you!?” Sungyeol hissed under his breath, keeping his voice low.

“We don’t want to sleep on another bed or another room. We want to sleep HERE!” Sunggyu hissed back lowly, dangerously. How come a mere child has a menacing charisma like this? No one except God and Sunggyu know.

“It’s cramped here!”

“I don’t want to leave Soo hyung side!” Sungjong growled menacingly, even his teddy bear looks almost as menacing as him. He placed himself beside Sunggyu, the third place closer to Myungsoo after Sungyeol’s and Sunggyu’s position.

“Yeah. We want to be by his side to,” Woohyun added, softer than Sunggyu and Sungjong tone. No wonder. One is the typical tsundere who doesn’t want admit his feeling and the other is the typical protective person who will protect whatever he likes.

“O… kay…” Sungyeol nodded. “Should we… just sleep here? On my narrow bed? All seven of us?” he muttered to himself. Well, he doesn’t mind though. But still, he’s sure as hell his longlonglong limbs will be hurt and sore if he sleeps here with these six toddlers. If you want to, you can watch KBS Live Tong part 2, where Sungyeol shows his room with Jureumi (only without Jureumi’s bed) and see how narrow his bed is. Imagine he and the seven kids lay there, trying to find a comfortable position.

You’ve seen it?

Good.

Now you’d understand how Sungyeol feels right now.

Sunggyu scoffed and scooted closer to Myungsoo, almost making Dongwoo fall in the process (the angelic dino only giggled like it was a normal thing Sunggyu would do). Sungjong smiled affectionately before he lay down, immediately fall asleep because of the softness of the bed (he really is only a kid). The rest exchanged glances with each other before they finally shrugged and decide to have sleep as well.

Sungyeol sighed. ‘This will be a loooong night…’ he fixed his position a bit, making it more comfortable, before he draped his arm around Myungsoo protectively. ‘I’m sorry I can’t protect you from whatever happened to you before.’ He closed his eyes while he listen the other kids even breathing. ‘But I swear, I will not let you go again.’

It’s not long before his eyelids finally dropped shut.

 

~( ‾ ▿ ‾ ~)~( ‾ ▿ ‾ )~(~ ‾ ▿ ‾ )~

 

So this chapter become longer than I originally intended... and it's not the last chapter yet. -_- I have to post it separately, and I'll try to post the last chapter soon. I promise you the last chapter will be post before this week end~ until then, sayonaraaaa~

because Woohyun is OUR wonderful boyfriend~ :9