Secrets, Secrets

That Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Taemin

Jonghyun grabbed Taemin by the hand and pulled him out of the theatre faster than the popcorn could hit the floor.

"What's going on?"

"Shhh." Jonghyun put a finger to Taemin's lips, sending chills down his spine. "Taemin, I just saw two of my best friends making out in the back of the theatre.  I need a second to breathe."

"Why are you freaking out like this? What does it matter if they're gay?"

Jonghyun put his hands on Taemin's shoulders, looking angry.

"Because," his voice shook and cracked. "It's not fair that they pick on you for this while they go around doing the exact same thing..."

"Jonghyun..."

"I didn't make things right when I stood by and watched you get beat on by them.  I need to make things right now."

"Jonghyun, you don't have to be all heroic and protect me.  I'm fine." He put his hand on Jonghyun's cheek.  "Really."

Jonghyun backed away and charged back into the theatre as if he didn't hear a word Taemin said.

"Jonghyun..." Taemin called after him.  "Don't interrupt..." He ran into the theatre after him.

The movie had already started, but nobody paid any attention to it.  Onew and Minho didn't pull away from each other at all, so Jonghyun spoke loudly from the front of the theatre.

"What.  The.  Hell."

Onew and Minho jumped away from each other, both looking all around the theatre with a surprised look on their faces.

Onew's eyes found Jonghyun. "J-Jongh-hyun!" He babbled.  "Wha-what are you d-doing here?" He tried to look confident, but failed at it as he knew that Jonghyun had just seen the whole thing.

"The question is," Taemin watched as Jonghyun climbed up the rows to get intimidatingly closer. "What are you doing here with Minho?"

"I...we...um..."

"Jonghyun." Minho stepped foreword.  "I don't see why you're upset-"

"Upset?  Upset?  You don't see why I'm upset that you two picked on my boyf...I mean...Taemin...for...what you think he is, while you go around...doing exactly that?"

"Jonghyun...I-I don't know what to say..." Minho looked down at the ground.

"Wait, why do you care about the kid, anyway?" Onew peered around Jonghyun to look at Taemin. "And what is he doing here with you?"

Taemin shifted his feet uncomfortably.  Jonghyun's face turned noticeably red as he struggled for an excuse.

"I...well...he...we...d-don't change the subject, Onew!  Why were you and Minho kissing?"

Minho flinched. "J-Jonghyun..."

"We picked on him...and others... because didn't want anyone to be suspicious that..." Onew looked at Minho for help.

Minho shrugged at Onew.  "He's our friend.  I guess...he deserves to know."

"We're...together." Onew mumbled.  "We've been together for a while.  But, I swear, if you tell anyone, I'll-"

"I won't tell anyone." Jonghyun said quickly.  "I promise."

They all stood there in uncomfortable silence.  The movie continued to play, and they continued to ignore it.

Taemin spoke for the first time.  "Jonghyun, maybe-"

"We need to go, Taemin." Jonghyun spoke loudly over him, motioning for him to follow out of the theatre.

They once again emerged into light as they left the theatre.  They walked to the side and hid behind a wall.

"Jonghyun..."

"Stop it, Taemin."

"Stop what?"

"Just...I know what you're going to say."

"Jonghyun, two of your best friends trust you enough with their secret and you can't even tell them that you're gay, too."

"Exactly.  But they're not my best friends.  I only have one best friend and he's being a .  I don't trust them with anything."

"That's pathetic."

Jonghyun looked taken aback.  "What?"

"You're such a coward.  What do you think they're going to do?  They just told you that they're gay.  Why can't you do the same?"

Jonghyun slid his arms around Taemin's waist and pulled him close. "Why can't you just understand?"

"I don't understand why you don't want to be like this with me in public." He pouted.

"It's only been a day.  Give it a chance." He pulled his boyfriend in for a kiss.

"Mmm, someone's coming, Jonghyun." Taemin mumbled under Jonghyun's lips.

They pulled back as someone turned the corner towards them and waited until the footsteps receded.

"So much for a first date." Jonghyun mumbled.

"It's not over yet." Taemin smiled, grabbing Jonhyun's hand. "Let's go to my house."


 

Short chapter ^.^.  I'm kinda in love with the whole Minho/Onew relationship, so they will be together.  But don't worry, they won't interrupt my JongTae fic too much :)

Prepare for a very fluffy chapter!  Leave me comments, please!! XD