You're Not the Only One That's Hiding Something...

That Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Jonghyun

Now that he and Taemin were going out, things were going to be a lot more complicated for Jonghyun.

For one, in order to have a clear conscience while with Taemin, Jonghyun would have to dump Hyori.  But, as he very well knew, she would make a big deal out of it, and his reputation would disintegrate.  But, it was a risk that he would have to make for Taemin.

To add to that, Jonghyun was going to have to hide his relationship with Taemin from everyone, including his parents, but keep Taemin happy at the same time.  This was going to be an issue because Taemin wanted a public relationship.  Jonghyun didn't blame him.  His first choice wouldn't be to keep his boyfriend a secret if his parents were okay with him being gay.

Taemin got a ride to school from his mother the next day in order to lower suspicion and keep Key's temper from going over it's limit.

He didn't have lunch hour with Taemin and the fact that they were in different grades meant that they had no classes together, so they didn't get to see each other at all throughout the day.

Jonghyun was planning on breaking up with Hyori at lunch hour since he saw her the most there, but he had no idea how he was going to do it.   He couldn't think of any way of breaking up with her that could possibly save his reputation.

Lunch hour came, and the second Jonghyun walked in to the lunchroom, Hyori flung herself onto him.

"Jonghyunnie, baby!"

He removed her from him and put his hands on her shoulders, looking at her straight on.

Damn, this was going to be hard.

"Hyori, this isn't working..."

"What isn't working?"

"Our relationship."

"What about our relationship?"

Why does she have to play dumb?


"The whole thing.  We can't be together."

"Yes we can."

"We have nothing in common. I hardly ever even see you."

"We have a lot in common, Jonghyunnie."

"No, we don't."

She started sniffling, tears pouring out of her eyes, then she started bawling really loudly, so that it rang throughout the cafeteria.

He knew that the was faking it.  This was going to be some act.

"JONGHYUN, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE BREAKING UP WITH ME!  WHAT DID I DO WRONG?  I DID NOTHING BUT LOVE YOU!"

Jonghyun looked around.  Everyone was staring at them. Everyone.

"Hyori, listen to me..." He tried to keep his voice low, hoping that she would do the same, but she didn't.

"NO!  YOU LISTEN TO ME, JONGHYUN.  IF YOU THINK THAT YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH BREAKING UP WITH ME FOR NO REASON, YOU ARE SADLY MISTAKEN.  I AM GOING TO MAKE YOUR LIFE HELL, JONGYUN!  YOU WILL REGRET EVER MEETING ME!" To end her performance, she slapped him hard across the face, earning a large applause from the students in the cafeteria.

Humiliated, Jonghyun fled into the hallway.  That couldn't have gone worse.

He thought he would feel utter relief when he broke things off with Hyori, but he just added more weight to his shoulders.  He ws about to get a lot of .

He had to sit through his next few classes knowing that everyone was staring at him and whispering about him, spreading their gossip and rumors.  He felt like their eyes were going to burn holes right through his skull.

Minho pulled him aside in the hallway, looking serious.

"Onew's mad."

"This has been known for some time."

"I'm serious.  He's angry.  With you."

"What did I do?"

Minho sighed.  "You and Hyori's little scene in the lunchroom has gotten everyone to pretty much hate you, as you probably know by now.  Anyway, talk spreads through this school like wildfire, and suddenly everyone has come to the conclusion that if you're hated, then your friends should be hated too.  Onew's been threatened not to go back behind the school again to hang out, so he blames you."

"He has every reason to blame me. It was my fault.  Why are you even talking if you and Onew are angry?"

"I'm not angry with you, only Onew is.  He really cares about his reputation.  I just needed to warn you.  Who knows how far he wants to go for revenge."

Jonghyun sighed. "Thanks for the warning, hyung.  You're a good friend...sometimes."

Minho smiled.  "I care about you, kid.  Well, I'd better go find Onew.  Later."

So, to add to the problem that the whole school hated him, he was also going to be beat up by his own "friend".  

Perfect.

The only thing that could turn this day around was seeing Taemin after school.

Taemin stood by the school's front double doors, waiting for Jonghyun.  He smiled when he saw him and took his hand in his own, but Jonghyun jumped back and looked around.

"Not here, Taemin."

Taemin looked down disappointedly, making Jonghyun feel bad about everything.  He motioned for Taemin to follow him outside across the courtyard, to which Taemin happily obliged.

As soon as they were completely out of sight, Jonghyun wrapped his arms around Taemin's neck and kissed him.

When he pulled away, Taemin was beaming at him.  "I've been waiting for that all day."

Jonghyun smiled. "Me too."

"So, how did things go today...with your girlfriend?"

"Didn't you hear about it?  I would have thought that word might've spread to your grade by now."

"There are a lot of rumors, but I want to hear it from you."

Jonghyun told him about what happened with Hyori at lunch.

"...So, the entire school now hates me.  Or, at least, thinks I'm a total ."

"The whole school minus one." Taemin gave him an innocent smile, making Jonghyun laugh.

"Of course, Taeminnie."

"So, does this make us...official?"

Jonghyun sighed.

"I mean, not publicly, but can I still consider you my boyfriend?"

"You can consider me your boyfriend and not say anything about it to anyone."

Now it was Taemin's turn to sigh.

"Please, Tae.  You said that you would bear with me."

"I know, and I will." He cheered up instantly.  "So, where are we going to go?"

"What do you mean?"

He smiled mischeviously. "Well, now that we're dating, you have to take me on a first date to make it official."

Jonghyun laughed. "Motayo.  Where do you want to go?"

Taemin thought it over for a minute.  "The park?"

"Aniyo, too public."

"A restaurant?"

"You're joking, right?"

Taemin rolled his eyes.  "How about a movie?"

"An-" He thought it over for a moment.  A quiet, dark room without many people.  "The movie theatre would be perfect."

Smiling, they walked to the movie theatre together, grateful that they had a smallish town where everything was close together.

They bought tickets to a movie that had been out for a while, knowing that the theatre would be pretty much empty.  They bought popcorn and a soda and walked to the movie together, arms linked.

They noticed that there were two other people alone in the theatre, and when his eyes adjusted to the darkness, Jonghyun dropped the bucket of popcorn in utter shock.

There, in the back row of the theatre, were Onew and Minho...

...Kissing. 


 

:O DRAMA!

Did I forget to mention that I'm also an Onho fan?  Oops! *Mischevious grin*

You should have expected that. :D