Ignorance is Bliss

That Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Taemin
 
The two muscular boys towered over Taemin, glaring at him through intimidating eyes.  He knew that they must be seniors, and he was only a sophomore.  He knew that he was going to be bullied at some point, but he didn't think it would happen so soon.  He thought that people would wait to get to know what he was before beating him up.
 
Tears ran down his cheeks, and he wiped them away quickly.  Crying would only encourage them.
 
"Aww, poor baby.  He's crying!"
 
The one with the short, dark hair kicked him in the side. "Come on, ! Get up and fight back!"
 
Taemin just sat there and stared at him. Don't fight back. You can't win. Don't give him the satisfaction of seeing you try to protect yourself.
 
The other boy, the one with straight, light brown hair, pulled Taemin up by his shirt collar until his feet were no longer on the ground.  "Minho told you to fight back!" 
 
Taemin looked fearfully into his dark, angry eyes.  He hadn't moved a muscle or said one word.
 
"Alright, hyungs. He's had enough. Let him go."
 
Taemin turned his head towards the familiar voice.  Oh, .  Why does he have to see me like this?
 
"Let us have our fun, Jong."  The boy that was holding Taemin growled.
 
"Onew." Jonghyun said warningly. "Let him go."
 
Onew gave Taemin one last look of disgust before throwing him onto the ground.
 
"Whatever, Jonghyun.  You can finish him off." The two boys walked back towards the building.
 
Sheepishly, Jonghyun held out a hand towards Taemin, who took it without saying a word.
 
Taemin stood up and started to quickly put his items back into his bag. He watched Jonghyun out of the corner of his eye,
scratching the back of his head while he stood there awkwardly.
 
 "I...I'm sorry about...my friends." Jonghyun looked down at the ground.
 
Why did he always sound so nervous?
 
Taemin gathered all of his things and slung his bag back around his shoulder. He turned to face Jonghyun, who was blushing furiously, a shy smirk playing on his lips.
 
Damn, that boy was cute.
 
"It's okay. I'm used to it."  Taemin started to walk away.  Af
 
 
Taemin managed to walk the rest of the way home without being confronted again.
 
As soon as he was in sight of his house, his little sister ran, screaming, up to him and flung her arms around his waist.  "Taeminnie!"
 
At her height, his waist was just about all that she could reach. He laughed and scooped her into his arms. She smiled at him, her huge eyes shining.
 
She started talking in one big, fast sentence, as usual. "Hi, Taeminnie, how was school, did you get in trouble, well, probably not, since it's your first day, but I hope you walked home safe because I waited outside for you since I got home, which was only about an hour ago, but it still seemed like a long time, and..."
 
She looked at him closely. "Have you been crying, Taeminnie?"
 
He sighed. There was no use in lying to Yuri. She was too smart for her own good.
 
"Yeah...I was." He smiled. "But everything's okay now."
 
She returned his smile, then looked past his head and frowned. "Who's that?"
 
Taemin turned around. A dirty, beat-up truck was driving towards them. A few guys that he saw behind the school when he was confronted earlier stuck their heads out of the windows, wolf-whistling and throwing empty beer cans at him.
 
Taemin didn't understand what they were saying, but he distinctly heard the words "" and "homo" used several times.
 
Yuri jumped off of Taemin and ran towards the boys, screaming and pumping her fist at them. "You guys had better leave my brother alone! I'm going to-"
 
They never found out what she would do, because they drove away, laughing.
 
Yuri pulled at her hair and screamed in anger.  "Why are they so stupid?"
 
She started to throw a tantrum in the grass, but Taemin scooped her up and told her to go inside.
 
As he got up, Taemin looked in the direction of Jonghyun's house. To his great disappointment, Jonghyun was standing in his front yard, watching Taemin. He had seen the whole thing, and didn't say or do anything.
 
 
"Umma!" Yuri cried. "Taeminnie's being bullied again!"
 
 
She sat down on the couch, sobbing. Taemin sat next to her and hugged her. His mother walked into the room looking worried.
 
"What's that, Yuri? Taemin, are you being picked on again?"
 
Taemin sighed. "Don't worry, Umma. It probably won't last long."
 
She smoothed his hair and kissed his forehead. "Why don't I go down there and talk to the principal-"
 
"No," he said quickly. "I can take care of things."
 
She smiled sympathetically at him. "I just worry about you, that's all."
 
Yuri looked up at him, tears filling her huge brown eyes. "I worry about you too, oppa."
 
"I know." He patted her tiny head.  "I'll be fine."
 
 
What they didn't know wouldn't hurt them. 
 

 

*facepalm* Yeah, so this chapter is a bit pathetic.  I really want to make a long one, because my chapters are all painfully short.  SO, I shall make a long chapter next.  I don't have very much to write from Taemin's point of view at this point, so next chapter will be Jonghyun's side again and it will be long.

Don't hate me!  I'm writing this in a rush.  I wanted to get it done by tonight.  I will make it up to you in my next chapter!

Comment? ^.^