Temptations

That Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Jonghyun

Jonghyun picked up his phone to call Key the second that he woke up.

Key answered groggily.  "What now, Jonghyun?."

"I need a small favor."

"Uh oh?"

Jonghyun sighed.  "Can you bring Taemin to school with us? "

He had been thinking things over all night.  He came to the conclusion that he needed to become closer to Taemin.  If he got to know Taemin and he wasn't as great as Jonghyun thought he was, then maybe his feelings would evaporate.

Although, somewhere inside of him, Jonghyun hoped that he was wrong.

Besides all of that, Jonghyun felt sorry for the kid.  For some reason, he felt responsible for Taemin, probably since it was his friends that picked on him.

Key paused.  Jonghyun heard him breathing deeply on the other end of the phone, thinking this over.

"Fine."

Jonghyun's heart did a cartwheel.  "Really?"

"Anything for you, hyung.  But he has to be ready at your house when I come."

"No problem." Jonghyun smiled broadly.  "I have to get ready, bye!"

Jonghyun leapt out of bed and bolted to his closet.

Woah, calm down, Jonghyun.  He's just a guy.  A guy.

He grabbed a random shirt that had holes in it, just like all of the others.  Hey, it wasn't his fault that his family couldn't afford new clothes for him. He pulled on a pair of jeans and ran out the door.

He could hear music coming through the open windows at Taemin's house, and as his eyes wandered through the glass, he noticed that someone was dancing.  Smiling, he noticed the familiar light brown ponytail...

He rang the doorbell, and expecting Taemin to answer, Jonghyun stood up straight and tried to look tall, but when the door opened, nobody was there.

"Down here!"

Jonghyun looked down.  A tiny girl with huge brown eyes stood there, smiling at him.

"Oh, uh...hi.  My name's Jonghyun...and I-"

"Hi, I'm Yuri!" she spoke very quickly and cheerfully.  He could barely keep up with what she was saying.  "You must be our neighbor, because Taemin said that our new neighbors had a son named Jonghyun, but maybe you're not our neighbor, maybe Jonghyun is a common name. I don't know, it doesn't seem very common..."

Jonghyun lost her after that.  He didn't recall her stopping to take a breath at all.  She just kept talking about his name and whether or not he was her neighbor.

The music that was playing inside stopped, and Taemin appeared at the door seconds later.

"...My mom always said that my name was uncommon, but then I met another Yuri at school, and I was kind of sad, but it was also kind of nice to share a name-"

"Um, Yuri?"

Yuri stopped and turned to look at her brother, finally realising that he was there.

Taemin smiled down at his sister. "Yuri, why don't you go get ready for school?"

She waved happily to Jonghyun before running out of sight.

Taemin chuckled.  "Sorry about my sister.  She's a bit talkative."

"A bit?"

He shook his head, smiling.  "So, what did you come here for this time?"

Breathe, Jonghyun.  Speak slowly and clearly.

"Well...I was wondering if you maybe wanted..." he looked into Taemin's eyes.  They were so pretty. "...Metogiveyouaridetoschool?"

"I'm sorry?"

"My friend..." Jonghyun said slowly. "He gives me a ride to and from school every day, because I can't afford a car, and I noticed that you walk all of the way there and back, so...did you want a ride?"

Taemin didn't even take a second to think it over.  "Yeah," he said.  "I would love that.  Thanks."

 

Jonghyun and Taemin sat outside of Jonghyun's house, waiting...and suprisingly enough, talking.

They just talked like they were old friends.  They felt so comfortable talking to each other.

Jonghyun told Taemin about his family's money issues, and how they were barely getting by.  He also complained about Hyori, and Taemin just listened intently.

Taemin told Jonghyun about life at his old school.  He told him about how he was always bullied by a certain group of kids.  They would beat him up and threaten him, for no apparent reasons at all.

"Have you ever thought about getting a haircut or something?  I mean...with your hair like that...it's no wonder people think you're gay..."

"But, I am gay."

Jonghyun's stomach jumped.  He just said that so...calmly, like it was completely normal.

"You...you are?  For real?"

Taemin nodded.  "Didn't you know that?"

"I...guess..."

Taemin smiled at him.  "Go ahead, admit it."

"Admit what?"

"That you knew it, but were too scared to ask.  It's okay.  I'm not afraid to be gay."

Jonghyun opened his mouth to say something, but closed it as Key's car pulled up in front of his house.

Key stuck his head out of the window.  "Come on, guys!"

They both stood up and walked over to the car.

Jonghyun impulsively opened the door for Taemin, kicking himself inside.  They both just looked at each other awkwardly for a few seconds.

Damn it.  Wrong move, Jonghyun.

Taemin smiled and brushed Jonghyun's arm with his hand before getting into the car.

Jonghyun's arm went completely numb.

 

The rest of Jonghyun's day was devoted to thinking up what he and Taemin could do to get closer.  Although, this time, he was careful not to mention anything to Key.

He passed Taemin in the hallway that afternoon and pulled him aside.

"Let's hang out today," he said, smiling.  "We can go to my house after school."

Taemin looked taken aback at first, but then he smiled and nodded shyly.

Jonghyun had no idea why he felt even more determined to get close to Taemin after he confirmed that he was gay than before.  In fact, he was kind of scaring himself.

I'm not gay.  He tried to convince himself.  I just feel strongly for Taemin.  That doesn't mean that I'm in love for him or anything.

"Jonghyunnie!"

.

Hyori came prancing up to him, surrounded by a gaggle of girls.

She ruffled his hair and kissed him, making all of her friends swoon in a very annoying way.

"TTYL!" They all walked away, giggling.

Their meeting consisted of two words, one of which being an abbreviation.  That was a perfect example of what their relationship consisted of.

"Oh, Jonghyunnie!"

Onew and Minho ran up to him, imitating the group of girls.

"That was so cute, honey!" Onew mocked, ruffling his hair.

"Bite me." He snapped.

"If you grew some balls and dumped the , we wouldn't have to tease you." Minho pointed out.

"I have to get to class." Jonghyun mumbled, walking away.  He was sick of his friends pointing out the obvious.

 

Key was in a much worse mood by the end of the day than he had been at all that week.  He glared at Taemin when he and Jonghyun walked up to the car, deliberately refusing to take him home.

"Please." Jonghyun begged him.  "Just drop him off with me at my house."

Key rolled his eyes but complied.

Why he was such a about all of this, Jonghyun didn't know.

 

Jonghyun led Taemin inside of his house, throwing his bag and shoes onto the floor and instructing to do the same.

"Won't your umma be angry with you leaving your things lying around?" Taemin whispered timidly.

"Aniyo.  We do it all of the time.  Besides, she won't be home from work for another hour or so."

He could tell that Taemin was a bit uneasy with the condition of Jonghyun's house.  The kitchen counters were cluttered with dirty dishes and papers, but Jonghyun instinctively grabbed a cup and handed it to Taemin, offering him a drink, but he pulled back so fast that he nearly toppled over.

"Right...sorry.  I'm not really used to having guests that are...well...clean."

Taemin smiled, which made Jonghyun smile, too.

He watched as Taemin's eyes wandered the house.  He didn't looked disgusted by it's lack of cleanliness, he looked intrigued.

His eyes landed on a food bowl in the corner of the room.  "You have a dog?"

"Yeah.  Wanna see her?"

Taemin's eyes widened, giving Jonghyun the impression that he wasn't used to dogs, but he nodded, anyway.

Jonghyun opened a window facing the backyard, stuck two fingers in his mouth, and whistled.

"Woah!"

Jonghyun turned around to look at Taemin, who looked more shocked than ever.  "What?"

"How did you do that?"

"This?" He put his fingers in his mouth and whistled again.  Taemin nodded, looking very interested.

"I'll teach you." The dog was now scratching at the back door, having answered to it's master's call, but the boys ignored it.

"Take your thumb and your index finger," Jonghyun held up his fingers. "And kind of make them touch loosely.  Then, rest them on your bottom teeth and push back on your tongue, like this." Jonghyun demonstrated.  "Then you just blow air out."  He whistled, then motioned for Taemin to do the same.  Taemin determinedly put his fingers in his mouth and did as instructed, but the all that came out was a weak gust of air.

They both started laughing. 

"No, you see, you have to tuck back your tongue like this, and kind of pull your lips in..."

Jonghuyn knew that his instructions weren't helping at all, but Taemin whined when Jonghyun told him that it was no use.

"Fine, here.  It would be easier if I could show you." Jonghyun took Taemin's hand, bringing his two fingers in together and positioning them in Taemin's mouth.

Taemin couldn't stop laughing long enough to get any air out.

"Come on, Taemin.  Do you want to learn or not?"

He stopped laughing almost instantly. "Yes, please." He said innocently.

Jonghyun smirked. This boy was too cute.

He tried again, bringing Taemin's fingers to his mouth.  He suddenly felt Taemin's eyes staring at is own.

Jonghyun looked up into Taemin's eyes and was instantly locked there, entranced.  Their attention was removed from whistling, and Jonghyun lowered Taemin's hand from his mouth.

Their eyes were completely locked.  Jonghyun was unable to tear his eyes away from Taemin's gorgeous dark brown ones. Neither made a single movement.  After a few moments, Jonghyun could no longer take it.  Closing his eyes, he pressed his lips against Taemin's.

The younger boy didn't react at first, but after a few seconds he s his arms around Jonghyun's neck and kissed him back.

This felt a lot differently than kissing Hyori or any of his past girlfriends.  It felt so...right.

Jonghyun didn't want to pull away.  A million different warnings popped into his head, telling him how wrong this was and that he needed to stop, but he didn't want to stop.

He never wanted to stop.

"Jonghyun!" His mother called cheerfully as she opened the door. "I..."

. 


 

Cliffhanger! 

So, yeah, pretty long chapter. Hopefully, it makes up for not posting anything yesterday.  Hopefully.  But, I'll probably be posting my other chapter yet tonight, so that will double make up for it!

I had goosebumps the whole time that I wrote this, just saying :D