Butterflies

That Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Jonghyun
 
"Why have I agreed to do this?  I don't want anything to do with these rich snobs."
 
Jonghyun mumbled uncontrollably to himself as he scowled in the direction of his neighbors' new house.  He looked down at the tray of cookies his mom asked him to bring to them.
 
"Be friendly, they just moved in. I heard that they even have a boy about your age, so maybe you can make a new friend!"  His mother's words rang in his head.  As if he needed her help to make new friends.  Please.  She just didn't approve of the people he hung out with.  Apparently, his friends were all known to be bullies at their school.  But, she shouldn't be upset with them, she should be upset that some kids are just losers that deserve to be bullied.
 
The only friend of his that didn't bully people was Key.  His mom loved Key, and she took every possible chance to express how much she wished he was her son instead of Jonghyun.  Stupid Key.
 
Well, it isn't exactly Key's fault that he's so damn perfect.  He's just a straight-A, nice-to-everyone kind of guy.  They've been friends since just about birth, and if they hadn't known each other for so long, Key would probably be one of the people that he and his friends bullied.
 
"Jonghyunnie!"  His mom stuck her head out of the kitchen window.  "Get those cookies to the neighbors before you have to leave for school!"
 
He looked down at his feet, realising that he had only moved a few steps down the road.  Sighing, he trudged the rest of the way to the new house.  It was quite large, much larger than all of the other houses in the neighborhood.  Damn rich people.  Jealousy was all he needed to put him in an even worse mood than he already was in.
 
He walked up the gorgeous stone pathway to the house.  He started finger-combing through his hair, suddenly very self conscious of the grungy way he looked next to this huge house.  He looked down at his shirt, which just about consisted of more holes than fabric.  Sighing, he rang the doorbell.
 
He heard it ring inside of the house.  He stood there for several seconds, not hearing any sounds from inside of the house. A little twinge of hope sprouted inside of him.  Maybe they wouldn't be home, and he wouldn't have to meet any rich snobs.
 
He heard a set of footsteps inside of the house.  His heart sank.  Someone was home.  Bracing himself for the worst, he put on a fake smile and held the tray politely in front of him.  The door opened, and a wonderful scent hit his nose instantly.  Of course their house would smell nice too. 
 
As soon as the door opened, he gasped at the sight of who was standing in front of him.  Right before him, holding the door open, was the most beautiful boy he had ever seen in his entire life.  He had large, dark brown eyes.  They were similar to Jonghyun's, but somehow, they looked much better on this boy.  His hair was a light brown color, and it seemed to be quite long, as it was tied back in a ponytail, with a few wisps of shorter hair falling in front of his face.  He looked to be a bit taller than Jonghyun, but he definitely wasn't as muscular.  His green shirt hung loosely on his shoulders, where as it probably would have fit more snugly if he had a well-muscled chest.
 
Damn it, Jonghyun.  Why the hell are you staring at his chest?  He thought to himself, yet he couldn't seem to take his eyes off of the boy.
 
The boy stood there, a smiling slightly as he looked at Jonghyun.  Neither spoke at first, for they both seemed to be checking each other out.  The boy must have noticed this after a while, for he blushed and held out a shaky hand.  "Hi,"  his voice was absolutely gorgeous, higher than Jonghyun's, but not as high as a girl's voice.  "I'm Taemin."
 
Jonghyun spoke on instinct.  "Taemin...that's a beautiful name."  he said dreamily.
 
Taemin looked startled.
 
He internally kicked himself.  What the hell is wrong with me?  Taemin is a guy!  I can't flirt with him!
 
Taemin blushed again and looked down at his feet. "Um...Thanks." He said softly.
 
Jonghyun did the same.
Great. Now he thinks I'm an absolute freak.
 
There was a long, awkward silence as they both studied the floor.  Finally, Jonghyun remembered why he was there.  He held the tray of cookies out further, still staring at the ground.  "I...erm... Here."  He spoke towards his feet.  "I...Well, my mom...she, uh...she wanted m-me to give you...I-I mean...your family...b-because we're...we're your new n-neighbors...I-I mean, we're not new here...but...you are...and..."  he trailed off, knowing that it was useless to try to speak to this boy without stuttering.
 
Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Taemin's hands reach out to grasp the tray.  As his hands met the tray, Taemin's finger brushed the side of Jonghyun's hand.  He gasped as a jolt ran through his body, and he let go of the tray.  It almost slipped out of Taemin's fingers, but he caught it right before it fell.
 
Jonghyun closed his eyes guiltily and scratched his head.  "I...uh...sorry...I should probably...g-get to school..."  He trailed off again, pivoting around and making his way down the pathway.  He felt absolutely humiliated.  What was wrong with him?  He was never embarrassed.  He never had any reason to be embarassed.
 
"Wait!"  Jonghyun turned around.  Taemin stood there, still holding the tray, smiling.  "You still haven't told me your name."
 
"Oh...uh...it's K-Kim Jonghyun...well...you can just...just call me Jonghyun..."
 
"Jonghyun..."  Taemin repeated, his smile broadening.  "That's...a beautiful name."
 
Before Jonghyun could respond, Taemin closed the door shyly.
 
Butterflies erupted in his stomach.  That's a beautiful name.  Did that mean that Jonghyun didn't creep him out?  Or was he mocking him?  Whatever reason Taemin had to say that, he couldn't stop smiling as he walked back towards his house.  He couldn't stop thinking about Taemin's smile...his hair...his big eyes...
 
No.  Stop it, Jong.  Taemin is a guy, you seem to be forgetting that.  You.  Are.  Straight.
 
"Jonghyun, hurry up or we're going to be late!"  Key had his car parked outside of Jonghyun's house.  He stood at the passenger side of the car, grinning as usual.  Graciously, Jonghyun jogged up to his friend.  He knew that Key would understand his problem, he always understood.  And Jonghyun was in desperate need of someone to vent to. 
 

 

Alrighty, just breathe, Tara.  I have been in heart attack mode all while editing this on my computer after noticing that I had 19 views on my foreward.  MY foreward.  It's not much, but just the fact that people have read something of mine freaks me out!  I so hope you liked this chapter.  And I just have to say PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bear with me on this story.  I am completely new to all of this, and my stories might be a little...oh, what's the word...rambly.  I tend to ramble.  Or, not ramble enough.  They might be to short, like I think this chapter is.  But, as I was saying, bear with me.  I want to get the whole background story set up in these first few chapters before I actually move on to my summary plot.  Thank you to everyone who sees this.  Pineapple slices for all!