Chapter 8

A Cinderella Story

The next few weeks occur without major incident.

ChaeRin's heart got broken so you spent a lot of time being there for her. 

YoungBae and you still text on a regular basis and you THINK he might have a crush on you too. 

You rarely see Taeyang around school because he leaves immediately after lessons to practice for BigBang's follow up song promotions. (according to ChaeRin.) 

.

.

.

'GUESS WHAT?!' ChaeRin squeals when she sees you first thing in the morning on Friday. 

'Uh... Whut??' You were up late again last night texting YoungBae and now you look like a panda and behave like a zombie.

'I SCORED US TICKETS AND A BACKSTAGE PASS TO SEE BIGBANG PERFORM AT INKIGAYO LATER!' She shrieked excitedly. 

'Uh. Okay. Let me get back to you after I get my expresso.' You trudge wearily to the vending machine around the corner. 

'YAH!' ChaeRin yells. 'Tell YoungBae to come with us.' 

'WHAT?! NO WAY!' You are instantly perked up by the mention of his name. 'IT'S TOO SPONTANEOUS! I'M NOT READY. ARGH NOOOOOOO!'

You freak out as ChaeRin fishes your cellphone from your back pocket and runs off with it. 'See you in class!'  

'YAHHHHHHH!' You yell in frustration. You cannot chase her while holding your laptop in one hand and a scalding cup of expresso in the other. 'DAMN YOU LEE CHAERIN!'

Your voice echoes down the hallway as she waves at you and disappears in the distance. 

.

.

.

You shoot her an icy glare that can freeze the entire MyeongDong as she enters the class and makes her way down to the seat beside you. 

She beams at you and prepares for class.

You stick your hand in her face. 

'My cell.' ChaeRin shakes her head vigorously. 

'Wae?! What did you do with it?!' You demand. 

She grins. 'I texted YoungBae to come up with us. But he can't make it. Ohwell.'

Even though you feel relieved that you would not have to face him today, your heart still sinks and your lungs deflate.

'Okay... So you can return my cell to me now?' 

'Nope. I'm gonna use it for the REAL diabolical plan later.' CL rubs her hands in glee, imitating an evil villian. 

You give up with a frustrated sigh. 

You know that nothing you do or anything you say will be able to deter ChaeRin from what she is going to do. You feel a deep sense of dread at what is going to happen next. 

.

.

.

That evening:

You and CL follow a man backstage together with a handful of other fangirls after BigBang performed their song.

You have to admit that they were awesome. (even though they still danced in sync like cheerleaders.) 

As the man ushers all of you into a room, you are all instructed to wait as BigBang makes their way over. 

The girls are all talking and whispering excitedly amongst themselves. Even ChaeRin is whispering in a high-pitched voice in your ear.

'OMG OMG OMG! I'M SO EXCITED! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE G DRAGON!'

You cannot really be bothered as you let ChaeRin continue her monologue at your ear. 

The door opens and the five members filter in and stand in a straight line in front of you all, their entourage lingering behind them. 

The fangirls are all quiet. Probably too overwhelmed by their presence. CL drags you by the arm and both of your stand with the other fangirls in a cluster. 

'ANNEYONGHASEYO! WE'RE BIGBANG!' They introduce themselves and bow. 

All of the fans bow back and the manager starts speaking in rapid korean while CL translates as quickly in your ear. 

That girl can totally be a badass rapper. 

'So now we are supposed to line up in a single file and take turns to get their autograph.' She passes you a poster. 'We're not allowed to talk too much to them so it's just sign and go. Arasso?'

You nod. You spy the burly guy who was with Taeyang in the cafeteria behind BigBang now, scrutinizing every fan who passes them. He still scares you.

As everyone gets in line, you see ChaeRin take your cell out of her pocket. 

'OMG! GIVE IT BACK!' You hiss at her. She winks at you and elbows you to the back of the line where you are jostled by the other fan girls. 

She is way in front of you at the line. Feeling lost without her, you clutch your poster hoping you do not screw anything up.

(The BigBang members stand with Seungri being first, Daesung second, Top third, then Taeyang and G-dragon)

As you approach Seungri you smile. 

'Anneyonghaseyo Oppa!' You hand him your poster. 

As he signs, he asks if you are a foreigner and you nod. He writes a cute message in english and you grin at him. 

You get Daesung's autograph next, followed by TOP's then as you approach Taeyang, your heart somehow beats in doubletime. 

'Anneyonghaseyo Oppa.' Your voice crack when you greet him and you cringe in embarrassment. Out of your periphery you see him smirk. As you hand him your poster you do not dare to look him in the eye. Instead you look to your right where you see ChaeRin using a cellphone. 

YOUR cell. 

Your eyes widen in shock as you realise who she might be calling but you are stuck between Taeyang, two other fangirls and a whole lot of bodyguards and minders, unable to do anything. 

In front of you, Taeyang's cellphone rings. 

'Hang on a second...' He mumurs as he reaches into his pocket for his cell phone.

You can clearly see an incoming call with your name on it.  

OHGOD OHGOD OHGOD OHGOD

You are THIS close to hyperventilating and passing out. 

Taeyang/YoungBae/whatevername realises what is going on as well. Both of you gawk at his phone like it is a dead spider when GD, who is beside Taeyang, asks, 'Well? Aren't you gonna answer it?' 

You look at Taeyang at the same time he looks at you. 

Shock and surprise is evident on his face.

You open and close your mouth, not knowing what to say. 

At that moment, ChaeRin decides to faint and all hell breaks loose. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: YAY! THEY HAVE FOUND EACH OTHER! :3