Strange Encounter with Taeyang

A Cinderella Story

Taeyang surveys the cafeteria once, then twice, then his piercing gaze lands on you.

You freeze, your smirk slides off your face and you look at him like the proverbial deer caught in the headlights. 

His gaze surveys your face, taking in your features. Then it slides downwards, like a caress, over your body and down to your feet. 

You feel under his scrutiny and a hot blush creeps up your neck. His expression is one of bored nonchalance then he looks away once again, returning his attention back to his phone.

Pertubed, his behaviour leaves you a spluttering mess. 

You blink repeatedly, trying to snap yourself out of that strange spell he seemed to have cast on you when your phone buzzes. 

I'm in school now, gonna head to my class soon. (: What do you think of the band Fall Out Boy?

Yet again, he gives a vague answer whenever you ask about his whereabouts.

Reading on, you see him mention your all-time favourite band, Fall Out Boy, and all your worries about his ambiguous answers together with the strange moment between you and Taeyang are flung out of your mind. 

You glance down at the Fall Out Boy band tee you are wearing from their Folie A Deux album and grin like an idiot while typing your reply. 

OMG OMG OMG OMG! I LOVE FOB!!!! THEY ARE LIKE THE BEST BAND ON EARTH!!!! OMG OMG! DO YOU LIKE THEM TOO?! I NEVER KNEWWWW! :D :D :D :D 

Nah. American songs are too crass for me. I prefer KPOP. (:

KPOP? You mean like BigBang? 

You look up while waiting for his reply, searching for ChaeRin. 

You see her still yakking into her phone outside the cafeteria, gesturing animatedly like the diva she is. 

As you turn back to your phone, you steal a fleeting glace at Taeyang and see him smiling at his phone while typing. 

He must be flirting with some hot female celebrity to be able to smile so sweetly. 

You brush the thought away and look at your phone: 

You know who is BigBang? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I thought you only listened to Western music. They must be really good to be able to catch your attention. ;) 

I just heard about them today from my new friend! She loves them. I'm not interested in pretty boys dancing in sync like cheerleaders. :P

You peep at Taeyang again, only to see the grin slide off his face. 

You chuckle.

HAH! he must have been rejected by one of his girls. 

He looks up in your direction and you hurriedly look away only to see CL return. 

'Sorry babe, boyfriend trouble.' She rolls her eyes and throws her hands up. 'C'mon, we have half an hour left till our next lecture. I'll show you around campus!' 

As you reach for your bag, CL leans into you and whisper in your ear,'OMO! TAEYANG IS STARING AT US!'

Looking in his direction, you spy him tapping furiously on his phone. 

'He isn't!'

CL sighs,'Well, he was!' 

'He must have been ogling your exotic beauty.' She teases, tugging on a ringlet of soft brown hair that has fallen out from behind your ear and is tickling your face. 

You shrug, blowing at the loose strand and follow her out the door. 

.

.

.

As you and CL explore the U grounds, your phone buzzes again. 

THEY ARE NOT A BUNCH OF PRETTY BOYS PRANCING ON STAGE LIKE CHEERLEADERS! THEY ARE CHARISMATIC, GOOD-LOOKING AND TALENTED. THEY HAVE TENS OF THOUSANDS OF FANS ALL OVER THE WORLD WHO ADORE THEM FOR THEIR LOOKS AND TALENT. DON'T COMPARE THEM TO OTHER PRETTY BOY IDOL GROUPS. D:<

His outburst shocks you. Indignant, you reply:

DONG YOUNG BAE. TAKE A CHILL PILL. i was just kidding ok! :l

hmph. class is starting. ttyl. 

You roll your eyes at how petty he is when you hear CL shriek.

Nearly dropping your phone in shock, you yell at her,'CHAERIN AH! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!' 

'IT'S ALREADY 2PM! WE'RE GONNA BE LATE FOR THE LECTURE.'

Both of you stare at each other for a split second in stunned silence before simultaneously sprinting to your lecture venue. 

.

.

.

Both of you burst in 10 minutes late. A few hundred pairs of eyes turn to you and CL as the lecturer stops mid-sentence at the disturbance. 

Bowing repeatedly and mumbling apologies, both of you try to make your way to empty seats at the back of the auditorium discreetly. 

As you walk along the aisle, you spot Taeyang sitting with his friends. He catches your gaze and smirks at you. 

You raise an eyebrow at him and continue to the back of the auditorium. 

'Psst!' you whisper in CL's ear,'What's Taeyang doing here? Isn't he a year above us?'

'He missed so many lessons, my guess is that he has to retake some of them.' She explains. 

'Are you interested in him?' She waggles her eyebrows at you. 

'NO!' You reply a tad bit too loud, earning the annoyed glares of the people in front. 

CL winks at you and turns her attention back to the lecture. 

 

A/N: how is this chapter? (: we see that taeyang is starting to realise something as his interest in 'you' is aroused. ;)

&in case you are confused, 'you' know livedancelaugh's real name is dong young bae. (i mentioned in chapter 1 that 'you' only know his age, name and major)

my first time tryna' add a pic. HOPE IT WORKS.