Chapter 10

A Cinderella Story

THIS MACRO IS TOO FUNNY. *dies* 

A/N: I wrote another fic titled 'Vengeance' that stars TOP and contains . So I'm gonna attempt to juggle between the two. Since this is more light-hearted while that is angsty and -y i hope i don't confuse the two. :l

also since my term break is over and i have exams for the next week, i don't think i can update as often. ): 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The 4 of you reach the basement carpark and go your separate ways as Taeyang parked his car at a different zone as compared to G-Dragon's. 

'Bye guys! ChaeRin-ah, see you in school on Monday!' You say as you all split up. 

'Have fun! Text me when you're home okay?' She says winking at you, looking at Taeyang and then looking back to you suggestively. 

You groan inwardly. 

Can she not be so explicit. 

You nod and turn to follow Taeyang as he takes huge strides to where his car is parked.

He walks so fast you have to jog to keep up with him. Suddenly he stops and you crash into his back. 

'Ow! Why did you stop?!' You ask in annoyance, the awkward situation between you and him forgotten.

'Uh. We have a problem...' He answers slowly. 'I forgot where I've parked my car.'

'WHAAAT?!' You exclaim in disbelief. 

'Haha. Yeah. Help me locate it? It's a black Audi sedan.' Taeyang laughs dryly. 

You sigh. 'Do I have a choice? I'll go check the other side and call you back.' 

At that moment you realise you have no idea where your phone is. You pat your pockets and rummage your bag in panic

'It's here. ChaeRin dropped it on the floor when she fainted.' Taeyang dangles your phone in front of you. You grab your phone hurridly and thank him. The situation between the two of you becomes awkward now as both of you are reminded of what happened earlier. 

'I'll go to the other side now.' You mutter and scramble off. 

You head in the direction where G-Dragon and ChaeRin went just now and walk along the rows of cars. In the distance you spot an Audi parked at the end of the row and you hurry forward. But as you near the car, you see ChaeRin and G-Dragon inside doing... something.  

You squint and gasp in shock.

THEY'RE MAKING OUT?! 

You spin around and run off in the opposite direction, embarrassed at having caught your friend and G-Dragon in an intimate moment. 

Then, your phone buzzes in your pocket. It indicates an incoming call from YoungBae. For a moment, your heart flutters excitedly before you remember that YoungBae is actually Taeyang. 

You're confused. You like Youngbae, but you do not like Taeyang and it turns out they are the same person. 

Shaking your head to clear your mind, you answer the phone. 

'Youngbae-ah. Oops. I mean Taeyang. Uh. I mean...' You stutter incoherently into the phone. 

His deep laugh rumbles through the phone. 'I found my car. We can go now.' 

'Mmm.' You acknowledge and hang up, pissed at yourself and Taeyang?YoungBae? for that blunder. 

It's all Taeyang's fault for messing with my mind and YoungBae's fault for messing with my heart! 

.

.

.

You meet Taeyang and he leads you to his car. 

The drive to your home is filled with stony silence, except for when you have to give him directions. Other than that, you stare out of the window, trying to pretend Taeyang is not there. 

Finally Taeyang speaks. 'I think we need to iron out some...' He pauses, searching for the right word. 'Issues.' 

You've been hoping he would not mention this but now you have no choice. As you think of how you want to begin your answer to him, various emotions are stirred up inside you. 

Anger. 

Hurt.

Betrayal. 

You bite your lip trying to prevent your turbulent emotions from erupting. 

'Why did you lie to me about who you were?' You ask, your voice quavering in an attempt to surpress all the feelings churning inside you. 

'I never lied. I just kept it from you.' He answers calmly. 

You realise he is right, but that only angers you more. 

'I couldn't let you know who I was. We never met face-to-face and I didn't know whether to trust you.' Taeyang explains. 

'That day in the school cafeteria, I was drawn to you. I somehow felt like I knew you from somewhere. Then, your message about your whereabouts confirmed my suspicions.' He continues. 

You think back to that day where you told him YoungBae you studied at NUK and he asked if you liked Fall Out Boy when you were wearing a Fall Out Boy band tee. And the way he strongly defended BigBang. And he said he was in Japan the same time BigBang had their tour. It all made sense now. 

'Then why didn't you tell me who you were?' You ask through gritted teeth. 

'I wanted to be sure you could be trusted. I couldn't jeopardize my career.' 

His unsatisfactory answer sends your temper through the roof.

You glare at Taeyang, his face emotionless as he maneuvers the road. 

'SO I'M NOT AS IMPORTANT AS YOUR CAREER?' You yell. 

Then, you realise the absurdity of what you just said. 

Who am I to him? I just met him today!

Taeyang glances at you, stunned, then turns back to the road with an unreadable expression on his face. 

'I mean YoungBae was really nice and I liked him but now I find out he does not exist.' You try to salvage the situation by explaining. 'YoungBae was so warm and down-to-earth. You on the other hand is an aloof idol star that is a world away from normal people like me.' 

'We're the same person you know? Taeyang is just my on-stage persona.' Taeyang answers cooly in a way that irks you. 

'NO! IT'S NOT THE SAME! DON'T YOU GET IT?! I LOVED YOUNGBAE BUT I DON'T LOVE TAEYANG!' You holler. 

OH. DID I JUST SAY THE L-WORD?!

'NO! NO! I MEAN......' You realise your mistake and try to rectify it. But it dawns on you that you actually loved YoungBae. Those 6 months back in the States, he had been there for you as you prepared mentally for a life in Korea. You were so used to his presence that the reality now shatters your heart into a million fragments. 

You trail off, your heart and mind at war. Unsure of what to say, the two of you lapse into another agonizing stillness. 

You peep at Taeyang's face and on it, there is confusion mixed with hurt. Then, he swerves the car sharply and pulls up at the road shoulder. 

Taken aback you turn to face him just as he turns to face you, both your faces almost colliding in that small space. 

You pull back sharply but Taeyang grabs you by your wrists and tug you nearer to him. 

His eyes search your startled face and he whispers, 'I am YoungBae.' 

You glower at him defiantly. 'Prove it.' 

He yanks you in even closer and plants a soft kiss on your lips. 

 

OH.MY.GOD. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: CHAEYONG MOMENT! okay gonna focus more on you and taeyang from now onwards with chaeyong just in the periphery. :D