Chapter 11

A Cinderella Story

A/N: hey guys! i'm back for now! :D my brain is kinda burnt out and sleep-deprived so if there are any inconsistencies/grammatical/spelling errors in this chapter PLEASE FORGIVE MEEE! ): p.s i really like this picture of taeyang. ^^

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyang's lips linger on your's for a second longer before he pulls away and looks at you expectantly.

Your head is spinning and you are still frozen stiff by the electricity that coursed through you when both your lips met. 

What's going on?!

Is this Taeyang or YoungBae that kissed me? 

Why do I feel this way?

A billion thoughts run through your head and confusion clouds your eyes.

Seeing that you are unconvinced, Taeyang lips curve into a smile and leans in again. 

That jolts you out of your stupor and you push him away. 

'Stop doing this to me!' You shout in his face and wrench the car door open, walking away as fast as you can.

Hot, angry tears roll down your face. You do not know if Taeyang is sincere or if he is just playing with your heart. You are so baffled and frustrated with the whole Taeyang/YoungBae issue your head is hurting and you want to be alone. 

'Where are you going?' Taeyang yells from behind you.

'Home!' You holler, increasing your speed. 

'You're walking??!'

You ignore him and carry on to where you hope the nearest train station is. 

'YAAAAAH!' Taeyang gets out of the car and you hear the door slam shut. 

He catches up with you and pulls your arm. 

'Don't be stupid. Get back in the car.' He commands, a tinge of annoyance in his voice. 

'NO.'

You look away stubbornly, refusing to let him see your tears.

'What do you want!' He says in exasperation, half-shouting at you. 

'Nothing. Just leave me alone. I'm so confused.' You mumur, tears threatening to spill out of your eyes again. 

Taeyang's hand holds your arm tighter, his rings cutting into your skin. 'No. It's late.'

'Get lost.' You mutter.

'No.'

'Fine. Just let me go. It hurts.'

He release your hand and you make a run for it, dashing across the main road and reaching the other side just when the pedestrian crossing turns red. 

You pause to catch your breath knowing that you have a head-start since he has to wait for the light to turn green again. 

Just then, you hear a loud horn blasting and a screech. 

You whirl around, the worst scenario of Taeyang being hit by a car flashes through your head. 

Taeyang stands in the middle of the road, millimetres away from the front of the car as he and the driver stare at each other in disbelief. He was so close to getting hit. And it was because of you.

He apologizes to the driver and runs over to where you are rooted to the spot. You are so overwhelmed by the relief you feel that he is not dead that you run towards him and embrace him tightly, your face in his shoulder.

'Why did you risk your life like that?!' Your voice muffled as you bury your face deeper into his neck.

He hugs you back tightly. 'I don't know. I was afraid if I let you run away from me now, you'd never come back again. And I don't want that to happen. Ever.' 

'Sorry...' You realise he genuinely cares for you and the way you treated him.... At that thought, you start crying again. 

'Shhh. Don't cry.' YoungBae rubs your back and hugs you closer to him as the two of you stand alone in the middle of the street. 

.

.

.

On Monday, you meet ChaeRin in school, her face is glowing. 

'I'm sorry I didn't text you all weekend! I was busy with homework.' You apologize to her sheepishly. That was only the half-truth, you were busy with homework AND YoungBae whom you've been texting and talking on the phone to. He never really said anything to you about being in a relationship but you know that both of you are more than friends. 

'It's okay~' She chimes, her bliss undeterred by your apology.

'I know there's something going on between you and G-Dragon.' You narrow your eyes and point at her.

'Jiyong is meeting me for lunch today!' She trills delightedly.

'So that means I'm eating alone?' You pout.

ChaeRin hugs you tight. 'You'll be fine.' She reassures you and pulls you along to class.

...

At lunch, you buy your food and head to a table at the corner. You cannot text YoungBae as he told you he is going to have practice.

You scoff. 

Then why is GD able to meet CL for lunch?!

You try to shove your suspicions aside as you tuck into your ramyeon. 

Just then, a shadow towers over you. You look up to see YoungBae is in front of you with a tray of food in his hand. 

You blink in disbelief as he sets the food down and plonks himself opposite you. He flashes you a pearly grin and his eyes crinkle adorably.

'I'm starving!' He exclaims and proceeds to devour his food. 

Still doubtful that your mind is not playing tricks on you, you prod him. 

'YoungBae-ah.' *pokepoke* 'What are you doing here? Where's your burly scary guy?' 

He looks up mid-gobble and winks at you.

'I sneaked out. Jiyong told me he would be meeting ChaeRin so I figured you'd be alone.' He explains smugly. 

That explains the sunglasses and the beanie. 

'Hurry and eat! I want to bring you somewhere before I have to get back to practice and you have to get back to class.' 

Your heart swells with euphoria at how thoughtful he is. 

This is the YoungBae I know. 

...

After lunch, YoungBae brings you to the park next to your school's campus. He spots an ice-cream truck and drags you over excitedly like a little kid. 

'Ahjumma! Annyeonghasaeyo!' He greets the old lady manning the ice-cream truck.

'YoungBae-ah!' The old lady's face crinkles in delight. She points at you and ask him if he has brought his grilfriend to meet her.

He winks at the old lady and she laughs knowingly like it is an inside joke. 

Somehow, you feel offended that he did not explicitly declare you as his girlfriend. He buys you chocolate ice-cream (your favourite therefore he is forgiven) and the two of you walk side by side in the park while eating ice-cream chatting about random stuff. 

The two of you lapse into momentary silence and then you feel his hand s through your arm and his fingers lace through yours. 

Your heart soars.

The two of you continue walking hand in hand in the park. You glance at YoungBae and he has a look of satisfaction on his face. You feel the same way. 

If only time could stop at this very moment. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I'M SO SORRY FOR THIS Y CHAPTER! T_T  I promise i'll write an awesome one when I've gotten some sleep. =_=  *goes to update Vengeance* :p