Chapter 13

A Cinderella Story

You call in sick from school for the next few days but in the end you cannot avoid the inevitable as you trudge wearily to school, dreading having to face Youngbae. His texts were left ignored and his calls unanswered as you attempt to mend the hurt in your heart. 

'Look who's back from the dead.' ChaeRin comments as you slide into the seat next to her. 'Girl, you look horrible. Did you even bother to comb your hair?'

You shurg and slump down in your desk, grateful that today you have no classes in common with Youngbae if you look as bad as ChaeRin claims. 

The morning classes pass by in a blur as you furiously take down notes and attempt to catch up on all the lessons you missed. By lunch, you feel like your brain has pretty much disintegrated. 

ChaeRin leads you to a table at a secluded corner of the cafeteria. Although reporters have given up on hounding you, Taeyang's fans have not. As you pass a group of girls they start whispering and shoot you death glares that you were sure could kill. 

Your best friend stares them down with her own ferocity and they look away, rolling their eyes. 

'Ignore them. They're just jealous that they're not pretty like you.' ChaeRin says bitterly, loud enough for them to hear. 'You sit here. I'll go buy our food.' 

Like a robot you sit obediently at the table while waiting for your friend to come back. 

'Sup dude.' You hear a deep voice and Youngbae plonks himself down into the seat next to you. 

Oh so now I'm a dude?! 

'So where have you been the past few days?'

'Oh I was sick.'

'Too sick to pick up my calls or reply my texts?'

You hear the annoyance in his voice but you are too angry to care. You shrug nonchalently and fiddle with your bag strap as you feel Youngbae's stare tearing a hole through you. 

'Well see ya around then.' Youngbae gets up, bumps your shoulder with his fist and walks away. 

'Oh hey ChaeRin.' You hear him say and a while later CL sets a tray of food down in front of you. 

'What does HE want?' She asks, narrowing her eyes in his direction. 

'Oh nothing. Just decided he wanted to call me a dude and be all brotherly with me.' You try to hide the emotion in your voice but tears prick your eyes. 

'Hur.' ChaeRin's stare in Youngbae's direction gets darker and you can almost see evil plans forming in that head of her's. This time you do not bother to stop her. 

Let her do whatever evil stuff she wants to him. He deserves it. 

You look at your favourite bibimbap in front of you but suddenly you have no appetite. 

.

.

.

Youngbae ignores you for the next few weeks to the delight of his ardent fan girls. In the cafeteria he sits at one end and you sit at the other. ChaeRin helps you buy your lunch so that you will have no chance of bumping into him.

Even though you act like you do not care, this behaviour is eating you from the inside out as your heart clenches everytime you see him and your breath is taken away. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: NEW INFINITE FIC! http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/108171/princess-in-paradise-hoya-infinite-lovesquare-myungsoo-sunggyu-sungjong