Stop The Time

A Collection of Fiction

 

 
 
 
 

 

 

 

Stop the Time

Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker.

  ~Author Unknown

 

A lone figure stood on a house’s balcony. A party ragged inside, pumping music echoed out into the back yard and the windows flashed from the strobe lights someone had been kind enough to bring for the event. The smell of alcohol was strong but not everyone was drinking.  

A warm hand slipped into his, instantly warmth fell over his body. She was here. He turned with a smile, looking down into the brown eyes of his girlfriend, ‘Hey babe,’

She grinned up at him, ‘Hi cutie,’

He was thankful he found her; she was his comfort, his joy. She saw through him, no matter what mood he was in she knew. No that that caused fighting; they actually had a very peaceful love. Fighting was rare between them – they teased one another more than anything.

She bent up on her tiptoes to press a kiss to his cheek.  With a sly grin he stretched out his hand, aimed the camera he was never without at them and pressed down a button.

Snap

Bright white shot through the air. Another frozen moment. Just for him and her to share.

She gave him a look, she hated photos. Regardless a brief smile fell over her lips before she bounced over to the railings and stared at the black sky. She pouted, ‘There’s no stars tonight,’

A chuckled fell from his lips, warm arms wrapped around her from behind, ‘They’re hiding from you,’

‘Me?’

‘Mmm,’ he murmured, pressing his chin on her shoulder and rocking her gently, ‘You shine too bright for them.’

Her laugh floated out into the air, ‘so cheesy.’

Yoseob shrugged, ‘true though.’

With a giggle she turned in his arms, pressed a quick kiss to his lips and ran back into the party. He didn’t hurry after her. He knew where she’d be and what she’d be doing. Dance floor; dancing. For a moment he looked through the digital pictures again, trying to memorize her face. Something he’d completed long ago.

Eventually he huffed out a happy laugh and turned back into the spinning lights. He found her instantly.

She twirled around the room, hands high as a bass pumped song with a jumpy beat filled the room. Her dark brown hair swirled around the bright smiling face, her eyes twinkled with joy. Beautiful. He lifted his camera, snapped a group of consecutive pictures.

More memories. More frozen memories.

There were drinks available, the smell of alcohol filled the room but he denied any offers, any suggestions of the drink. She didn’t like it and she was enough of an alcohol for her. No matter what, she made him dizzy with happiness.

Eventually she grew tired of dancing, or at least tired enough to take a break. She broke free of the crowd jumping over to him with a bright grin on her face. She jumped into his arms, knowing he’d catch her.

With his own chuckle he spun her around, pressing a soft kiss to the tip of his nose he lowered her down. They moved to the nearest empty couch, falling into it’s embrace. She snuggled up to him. She wasn’t one of those people who express love with words, her actions expressed her love.

‘Why do you always take pictures? Trying out some voodoo magic?’ she joked, nudging his arm gently, ‘Am I going to be captured in a picture forever?’

A laugh bubbled out of him, ‘Hardly. I’m not trying to capture you.’ His eyes met hers, ‘I just want time to stop, pause for a moment, because you’re so special to me.’

She watched him for a while, touched. Slowly she pushed away the romantic air, it made her uncomfortable. Always had, ‘Just admit I’m the prettiest girl you know.’

A laugh bounced around the room, ‘Definitely the prettiest,’ he said, pressing a kiss into her forehead.

She grinned, moved to get up and dance but his hand on her wrist pulled her back, back down into his lap, ‘I need to tell you something.’ He whispered against her neck.

Nerves filled her but she grinned regardless, ‘what is it?’

His cheeks flushed red so he buried his head deeper into her neck, ‘In case, just in case, you ever leave or something takes you away from us, I take pictures so the memories won’t fade.’ He paused, unsure how to word himself, ‘So that nothing comes between us I wish each day would last forever. No matter where you are, I’ll be there for you.’

Her own flash went red, her heart was beating too hard for her chest and a soft gasp left her lips. Bad with words she lifted his head up and pressed her forehead to his.

‘I love you,’ she eventually whispered, not knowing how else to explain the jittery, wonderful feeling inside her. Her lips twitched with a want to smile, her heart felt light and her stomach was a mass of nerves.

He grinned, pressing a chaste kiss to her lips her stayed that way with her, even as their drunk friends danced around the room. The strobe lights outlined their figures and no one dared disturb their little slice of heaven. ‘I love you too,’ he whispered, ‘forever.’

 

A/N; I've decided to make some more oneshots based on the remaining four songs on the album. After that I might start making more from their old songs and my imagination but this is probably going to be where I post all my b2st oneshots. :]

 

applejuicefool;
Haha don't be jealous >.< I got a B for my Short Story in english so I'm obviously not that good (damnit T.T Brought my grades down *cries*) Thanks sweety~!!