Bitter Farewell

A Collection of Fiction

Made By; ShadowYin | At; http://lostshadow.co.nr

 

 

 
 
 
 
 

 

 

Bitter Farewell

Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated. 

~Lamartine

 

‘You don’t need to say it,’ he said calmly, despite the storm raging inside his heart, ‘I already know.’

There were times when he wished he hadn’t opened his heart to the girl in front of him. Some times when he wished he hadn’t smiled at her and gotten her number when he’d bought coffee from her old part time job. Maybe then he wouldn’t be suffering another heart break. Kikwang had been though serious relationships before, he knew what a breakup looked like.

She sniffed, the slim shoulders shook with nerves, ‘No you don’t Kwang.’ She moved to turn around but his voice cut her off.

‘Don’t turn. Just… stay like you are.’ He knew that if she turned, if he met her eyes and saw the pain rushing through them that he’d break.

‘Why?’ she sniffed, her voice was breaking.

‘Shouldn’t I be asking you that?’

She didn’t answer. He briefly saw a hand rise to press against . She was probably biting her lip; she always bit her lip when she was nervous.

His heart was breaking. It suddenly felt too large for his chest. It was suffocating. He watched the back of her head but couldn’t say the words he wanted to. He didn’t even know what words they were. Nerves struck him, his hands started to tremble.

‘Jinee…’ he whispered.

He saw her shake her head. He wanted to tell her he’d change, whatever he needed to do for her to stay. All she needed to do was tell him what it was.

‘Jinee,’ again she shook her head, arms moving to wrap around herself as if in protection. She didn’t answer him.

He sighed, letting himself fall back onto the dining chair. He slumped forward, knees spread and hands meeting in the middle. They’d been together for a year not that long if he really thought about it. But lately, more specifically the past month, their conversations that normally went through the middle of the night had become ten minute calls. The amount of times they’d been meeting had become minimal.

 They were falling apart. More than anything he didn’t want to let her go. He didn’t want to send her away.

Her sobs brought him back to reality, his dark head rose to see her on the ground. She’d fallen, legs collapsing either side of her. Somehow, seeing her crying hurt him more than the words of their breakup.

‘Don’t cry,’ he whispered. A shuffling of clothes filled the room as he stood, moving to stand behind her crouched body. He bent down and found, against his will, that his hands had reached out to wrap around her from behind.

He pressed a kiss to her temple, ‘It’s ok.’

She shook her head. Her hands moving to grip his forearm tightly, ‘I’m sorry. I’m so sorry,’ she sobbed.

He didn’t respond but his eyebrows drew together in confusion, ‘Tell me what’s wrong, Jinee.’

Long moments passed. The only sounds in the room were her sobs and his pleas for understanding. He gave her time, as much as he could handle, for her to form the thoughts in her heart into words. Finally, ‘Mum’s taking me to Canada,’ she whispered.

His heart shattered, fragments of it speared out and embedded themselves in his lungs. Breathing failed him, ‘Don’t go…’

He slowly let go of her, turning her to face him. Brown eyes stared deeply into hers, begging, ‘Don’t leave me…’

Her head was bowed, depression clouded over her, ‘I don’t have a choice Kikwang. Forget about me. ’

He shook his head in disbelief. He didn’t want to believe her, ‘I don’t want to forget about you. I love you. You know I love you,’

She pushed him away when he bent towards her, scrambled back and pushed herself to her feet. He followed her, hands outstretched. A silent invitation for her to stay. He knew she’d leave, knew that it would end in a way they would both regret.

‘I’m sorry,’ she whispered one last time. The last memory he had of her was a tear streaked face, sad puppy eyes and her two hands screwed into fists before she ran away with a flash of her long hair.

 

Repies;

myasaiinbBy;
Haha Dongwoon is my bias, I had to make him awesome. :] I do too! Holy cow >.< It's sort of fun though right? Day dreaming could be counted as the same thing right? Haha. Oh really? I don't even know what my writting style is haha, but thank you so much!!

mrsb2st;
Thank you! Haha~ I don't know what my writting style is but your comment made me smile hehe. Oh couse you will! I have one more after this but I might, if you want, make some more with the songs I missed out like 'Lightless, You, Virus' etc. :] If you want, just tell me what member you'd like for what song.

fightingme;
Aww thank you! Sorry that it's sad~! I'm a bit of an angst writter, I don't really know why. Hehe. The next story will be happy I promise! Haha, Thank you again! I have a long way to go though :]