Chen 1

EXO Oneshot Scenarios (SEMI-HIATUS)

 

 

 

Requested by PrettyEJ

When Chen likes Joori and plays a prank on her to see if she likes him back.

_________________________________

Chen sat at his desk staring at Joori’s figure from behind. Her brown hair coming down to her lower back, the way the sun shining on it gave it a radiant shine. He sighed in content and propped his elbows onto the table, resting his face in his palm.

 

“You are seriously head-over-heels for her.” BaekHyun cooed in the seat next to him. “Go ask her out. Because right now you’re starting to get creepy from just staring at her.”

 

Chen turned to BaekHyun and frowned. Then he thought again,  maybe BaekHyun was right. To him, it wasn’t creepy but maybe to others looking at him, it might feel creepy. Chen and Joori were classmates and good friends. They had a lot in common, one of the things being their passion for music. Joori would play the piano and Chen would sing, they were very good friends.

 

“Yeah.” ChanYeol butted in. “You should ask her out.”

 

“But,” Chen sighed. “But what if she dosen’t feel the same? It’s going to make our friendship so weird.”

 

“Ah.” ChanYeol said. “You know what you should do? Play a prank on her.”

 

“And this would help me how?” Chen raised a brow. “This isn’t a time for you and your pranks and jokes, ChanYeol.”

 

ChanYeol pulled a chair from his table and set it in front of Chen’s desk, sitting down on it. He clasped his hands together, leaning on the table. BaekHyun also leaned closer to the conversation and Chen waited patiently for ChanYeol to start talking.

 

“It’s not really a prank.” ChanYeol said. “On the day that you have music practice with her, say that you can’t because you have a date with your girlfriend.”

 

“But I don’t have-”

 

“Pretend, you idiot.” ChanYeol sighed. “Judging on her reaction, you can decide if she likes you or not. If it’s a bad reaction, then she likes you, ask her out. If she congratulates you, forget it bro, she ain’t interested.”

 

Chen sat there for a second and ran through the ‘prank’ that ChanYeol had planned. It wouldn’t hurt to try, right? Either way he’d know the truth. He nodded in agreement and looked at ChanYeol. Harsh footsteps entered the class and everyone’s head whipped to the door, revealing their teacher. ChanYeol shifted his chair back to his table and winked at Chen.

 

New days came but nothing had changed, Chen was still stuck in his trance of staring at Joori every morning and finally the day of the music practice came. When the school dismissal bell rang, Chen fidgeted uncomfortably at his locker. He felt nervous for some reason. There was something unsettling about this.

 

“Nervous, much?” BaekHyun chuckled, slamming his locker shut. “Don’t be. It won’t do any harm.”

 

Chen nodded and began striding towards the music room where Joori must have been waiting. Getting closer, his heart began pounding and the beats could be heard through to his ears. Chen tried hushing the voice in his head that was saying doing this was a bad idea.

 

“Chen.” he heard her voice. Like million of harps, soft and gentle. The way he said his name and the way that any word rolled off her tongue was heaven. He stopped in his tracks and exhaled a breath, trying to calm himself down.

 

“You’re here.” Joori smiled as Chen turned around to face her. “Let’s go inside and practice.”

 

“Hey, listen Joori.” Chen spoke. “I came to tell you that I can’t practice today. I have a date with my girlfriend today. Is that alright?”

 

Joori’s shoulders dropped. 

 

“Oh.” she said, but soon looking at him with a smile. “Well go have fun then. You never told me you had a girlfriend. Congratulations, yeah?”

 

Chen laughed a bit, but it turned out to be a nervous chuckle. He tried observing Joori, he tried to figure out if she was mad or happy and to him, she seemed happy that he had a girlfriend. Hope was gone for him, Joori didn’t feel the same way about him.

 

“W-well I better go.” he smiled. “See you soon.”

 

Chen walked quickly away from the music room and back to BaekHyun’s house. He and BaekHyun would usually hang out there everyday after school.

 

“I’m done for.” Chen said as soon as he stepped into BaekHyun’s house. “She was happy I had a girlfriend. Baek, what do I do?”

 

“Well hello to you too.” BaekHyun rolled his eyes. “Go ask ChanYeol, I have no idea on these types of things.”

 

Chen sighed and dropped his school bag into BaekHyun’s room and came back out to the kitchen where BaekHyun was standing. He made his way to the fridge and grabbed a soda.

 

“What’d she say?” ChanYeol said, coming into the kitchen with his bag. 

 

“She said congratulations.” Chen sighed. “I’m never gonna succeed in life. I can’t even get a girlfriend.”

 

ChanYeol frowned and settled on a stool next to Chen. He pat Chen’s shoulder. 

 

“I seriously didn’t think this through.” ChanYeol sighed. “I mean, who would be unhappy? Even if she liked you, she wouldn’t yell at you. She wouldn’t show that she’s angry.”

 

Chen glared at him. He had just made a huge mistake. Now he can’t ask Joori out because she thinks that he has a girlfriend. Chen lay his head onto the bench and sighed.

 

“I’m too tired to kill you, Park ChanYeol.” he said. 

 

Days rolled on with no improvement. Chen tried to talk to Joori more but she seemed to have distant herself from him. She wasn’t as open as she used to be and Chen could feel it.

 

“Joori,” Chen said one day, approaching her. “Did you wanna go to the park with me after school?”

 

“Today?” Joori asked, closing her locker.

 

Chen nodded, hugging his books closer to his chest, hoping that she wouldn’t reject him.

 

“Yeah sure.” she smiled. “I’m not busy. Your girlfriend won’t mind will she? Like me stealing you for one afternoon?”

 

“Uh n-no.” Chen tried laughing. “Of course not.”

 

After school, they were sitting side by side on the swings in the park. Chen’s mind ran in circles, trying to find the right things to say to clear things out with Joori. He opened his mouth to talk.

 

“Joori.” he said shakily.

 

“Huh?” she whipped her head from the sky to look at him.

 

“Are you happy that I have a girlfriend?” he bravely asked.

 

“No.” Joori blurted, all too quickly.

 

Chen stared at her and raised his brow.


“No, because you keep missing music practice. That’s why. Nothing else.” Joori corrected.

 

“Don’t lie.” Chen teased. “It’s written all over your face. Joori, do you like me?”

 

“No.” Joori answered quickly. “You have a girlfriend. Why would I like you?”

 

“What if I told you that it was a joke?” Chen sighed. “I lied about having a girlfriend to see how you react because I didn’t know if you liked me or not.”

 

“What?” Joori said, shifting in her swing. 

 

“I’m saying that I like you.” Chen said, taking her hand. “I don’t have a girlfriend. Would you go out with me and be my girlfriend?”

 

Chen heart was pounding in his chest. He was so excited yet anxious. The waiting and silence was slowly killing him. He looked at Joori expectingly and waited for an answer. She looked at him.

 

“Only if you don’t already have a girlfriend.” Joori laughed.

 

“Promise.” Chen assured. 

 

“You’re such a dork, Chen.” she laughed. “I like you too.”

 

___________________

 

I missed a day of update. Sorry. It's back to school time and I had to get ready for school. But here is the first Chen oneshot. I hoped this was alright. PrettyEJ, I changed the plot a bit because I didn't know what type of prank that will determine if someone likes you or not so yeah... I changed her name to Joori instead of Joo. Hope that's alright with you. 

 

Until the next update, take care guys.

 

Love treblebass.