BaekHyun 1

EXO Oneshot Scenarios (SEMI-HIATUS)

 

“I have to go now.” BaekHyun sighed. “I’ll see you tonight, okay?”

 

“Hmm.” I hummed. “Be careful. Good luck, Baek. I love you.”

 

“Arasso.” he laughed. “I love you too. See you soon.”

 

The line beeped and I dropped the phone from my ear with a sigh. I was never at ease when BaekHyun went to these types of things. My stomach would turn and twist, my hands would fidget and shake until he was home. I knew that worrying and anticipating would only make it more nerve wrecking for myself, so I tried making myself busy.

 

BaekHyun was a policeman. He was those policemen that would break into houses of criminals and arrest them. He was those policemen that would go undercover and investigate cases that were top secret. I feared for his life and I think he knows because he would always smile and say that he was fine. 

 

The day rolled on at a slow pace. By the time it was eleven at night, my stomach began to turn and churn in anxiety. I sat on the couch, hands fidgeting with the fabric of my shirt. I glanced anxiously at the clock and watched it tick away, each sound like mocking my anxiety. I the TV and stared at it blankly, a drama was on.

 

Paying only slight attention to the drama and more attention to the clock, I suddenly heard the door click open. I jumped onto my feet and ran towards the door and sighed in relief when I saw BaekHyun. I walked to him and brought him close, feeling his warmth.

 

“You’re okay.” I whispered. “I was so worried.”

 

“I have to go back to the office.” he said quickly. “The drug dealing gang that we tried arresting is messing around there. They broke into our weapon warehouse and are using the guns against us.”

 

I gasped lightly and caught onto BaekHyun’s arms. I looked at him with pleading eyes, begging him silently not to go. Something about tonight didn’t feel right. The way the stars were so dim and barely shining. The way the moon was dark and barely shed any light.

 

“Baek, don’t go.” I whispered. “Help will come. You alone won’t help. It’s dangerous.”

 

BaekHyun pried his arm away from him grip and grabbed my shoulders, facing me, looking into my eyes. He looked at me for a really long time and I did the same. My eyes teared at the sight of him. 

 

“I have to go.” I whispered. “I can’t just let my brothers down. My conscious won’t let me.”

 

I shook my head and wrapped my arms around his waist, bringing him in close, resting my forehead on his chest. I felt BaekHyun bring his arms around my waist and entwining his fingers behind me. He rested his chin on my head and exhaled a breath. My tears fell a bit, I didn’t want him to leave on a night like this.

 

“Baek, please.” I whispered. “Listen to me. Don’t go.”

 

BaekHyun pulled away and leaned towards me, planting a warm kiss onto my forehead. He then turned and walked into our bedroom, crouching down to the ground and reaching under our bed, pulling out a shoebox. Lifting the lid off the shoebox, he reached into it and brought out a black gun.

 

Tucking it into the waist of his pants, BaekHyun closed the box and pushed it back under the bed. He walked hurriedly out of the room and towards the door. He stopped in front of me and smiled. A smile that scared me. I soft smiled trying to get me to believe that everything was going to be fine.

 

BaekHyun reached out with both hands and cupped my face, his thumbs wiping the tears the were on my cheeks. I grasped onto his hands, caressing the back of his hands with my thumb. He leaned down and kissed me softly, his lips warm and gentle on mine. I kissed him back lightly, hoping that this wouldn’t be the last.

 

The way he kissed me scared me. The eager way his lips met mine, the rushed and unsure kiss he gave, it was all to foreign and I was scared.

 

“Go to sleep.” he whispered, pulling away. “I might come home late. Please don’t wait up.”

 

I bit my lip, trying the reduce the amount of tears that were beginning to fall from my eyes. The warm drops leaving my eyes that were stinging and gliding down my cheeks. I nodded through the tears and grabbed BaekHyun’s hand.

 

“Please, please, please be careful.” I said, through a harsh breath.

 

BaekHyun nodded and smiled. We walked towards the front door, his hand still tightly in mine. Getting to the front door, BaekHyun opened to door and looked back at me.

 

“I love you.” he said. “Remember to go to sleep. Don’t wait up for me.”

 

With that, BaekHyun’s hand was lost from my grip and he quickly sprinted away. I stood at the door, following him with my eyes until he was completely out of sight. My chest rose and fell, my breaths becoming harsh from all the tears, I stood at the door wondering when I would see him again.

 

I shot up in bed to the sound of my phone. I squinted and felt around the bed for my phone. Looking at the flashing screen, the time read 3:01am. Seeing that the caller ID was BaekHyun, I quickly picked up the phone. 

 

“BaekHyun!” I said. “ Oh my gosh, are you okay? When are you coming home?”

 

“I’m sorry, I’m BaekHyun’s colleague, HyunMin. Our office was having some trouble with gangs and BaekHyun...”

 

My eyebrows cringed at the though of what happened to BaekHyun.

 

“BaekHyun what? What happen to BaekHyun?” I exclaimed, tears already building.

 

“BaekHyun and a lot of our brothers didn’t make it.” I heard HyunMin whispered. 

 

My eyes widened and I gripped onto the phone tighter, feeling my hand hurt from the amount of pressure that I was putting into the grip.

 

“What do you mean he didn’t make it?” I spoke quickly. “Don’t lie. Tell me what happened to BaekHyun. Please don’t lie to me.”

 

My hot tears were springing out from my eyes and sliding down my cheeks. My eyes from the crying sensation and I waited for a reply on the other line. I silently prayed and hoped that this was a playful policeman and that he was only joking.

 

“I’m sorry, but BaekHyun and another seven of our brothers are dead.” HyunMin sighed.

 

The phone dropped from my hand and my heart beat began speeding up. My eyes darted around the room and landed on the spot on the bed that BaekHyun lay on. He should have been here, asleep. My shaky hands touched his cold pillow, whimpering at the empty space next to me.

 

I’ve lost BaekHyun.

_________________________

 

Sad way to start, I know, but I just felt like writing this since no one's requested yet. But please request and I'll see you guys soon. Take care.

 

Love treblebass