Chapter 23

I'm Not Trolling When I Say I Love You

Chapter 23

 

-(Kyung Mi's POV)-

"What are you trying to say?...I don't want to move to China! I have a life here...All my friends are here and my boyfriend...WHAT?! A GONG JUST DIED LAST NIGHT?!?!?! YOU'RE LYING. I DON'T BELIEVE YOU...no, no, no." Miyu kept switching back and forth between Chinese and Korean which made it harder to understand the context of what she was saying. There was no way her beloved grandfather is deceased. Her parents are just joking, right?

"...bye..." Finally hanging up, Miyu only stared at the ground for several minutes. No one dared say a word for fear of tragic news being confirmed.

"I-I'm moving to China...h-harabeoji...passed away last night..." She sobbed. Kris stood immobile like a statue; unable to speak, unable to move, and unable to...live. I could only stare blankly into space, unable to take everything in at once.

"Miyu..." Luhan whispered. 

"I-I need a m-moment." Before anyone could object, she ran out the door.

"It's raining hard, she'll catch a cold if she stays out too long," Suho fretted. "What's happening? First it was Yixing and now it's Miyu." 

"Kris...are you going to just stand there?" D.O sighed. "Run after her and make sure she's okay." Not needing any more persuasion, Kris sprinted out the door in search of my best friend. 

"What is this? Why is life so cruel? As if my boyfriend moving to China and having not contacted me in the past week wasn't bad enough, my best friend has to leave me too?!" I felt tears fall down my cheeks. "STUPID LIFE."

"Kyung Mi, don't be so despondent," Baekhyun wrapped his arms around me. "Maybe in time, things will get better. With bad things come good things."

"There's nothing good about Lay and Miyu being in China," I cried. "MAYBE WE SHOULD ALL MOVE TO CHINA!" My frustration and anger was streaming out with nothing stopping it. "I HATE THIS. WHY DO THEY HAVE TO LEAVE?!"

"Kyung Mi, at least think of Miyu. Her grandfather just passed away, and you of all people know exactly how important harabeoji is to her. He's the person she treasures most in this world," Kyungsoo said. "I think you should take a breather or something and refresh your mind. All this stress isn't doing you any good. We're all sad and depressed but you have it much worse," he stated. I sniffled and slowly stood up. The atmosphere was melancholic and with me here, sulking and crying, it wasn't helping anyone. 

"Fine. I'll be on the balcony in my room." I walked up the stairs and opened the door to our darkened room, the only light source was being emitted from a nightlight. I went over to the sliding door of the balcony and slid it open, stepping out into the cold night air. Rain was falling harshly to the ground. It was as if the sky too shared our misery and was sobbing to its heart's content. Losing track of time, I hadn't realized how long I'd been standing there for but my thoughts were interrupted by a light knock on the balcony door. A bit startled, I turned around to see Kai's small awkward smile. 

"Can we...talk?"

-(Miyu's POV)-

Unknowingly, I had been ambling in the direction of the place where Kris and I first kissed. Coming to a stop, I could hear footsteps behind me until they also paused. Drops of rain dripped off my hair, my clothes, my skin, but I couldn't care less. The pain of having someone you love so dearly pass away is suffocating unbearable. Never have I felt such a sharp pain in my life. 

"Miyu?" A soft voice called out and I automatically recognized it as Kris' voice. "Turn around." I shook my head as his order and contined crying silently. A quiet sigh was heard and suddenly, a pair of strong, warm, comforting arms were around me. 

"It's okay, it's going to be okay. Just cry all you want," he murmured. That was all it took for me to start wailing like a whale. My tears came out nonstop like a river. Harsh rain kept falling but neither of us cared. Kris' arms and his presence itself somehow soothed me and after a long time, my ugly sobs came to a stop. 

"H-he's dead. And I-I have to move to Ch-china," I managed to say without bursting into pathetic cries again.

"Mmm, I know," his voice sounded so somber it made me want to cry all over again. 

"Eotteokhae?!" I clung to him even tighter.

He chuckled lightly. "Pabo yah, what do you mean by 'eotteokhae'? Whatever happens happens and it's not like we're breaking up or anything. What's most important is that you get yourself to China and attend your grandpa's funeral. We'll all be fine here. I'll call you all the time, keep you updated with everything. Because you're still mine and I'm still yours no matter what happens, right?"

"Yahh, you're being cheesy again," I attempted to joke. 

"Aish, fine. Go to China and never come back again. I won't call you, you won't call me. I'll find some other girlfriend and we'll go our own seperate ways. Happy?" 

"...on second thought, I like the first plan more," I muttered.

"That's what I thought," he laughed. I lifted my head up and looked at him. 

"Can we go home now or do  you want to stay in the rain forever?" I raised a questioning brow at him. 

"As much as I love hugging you, let's get home," Kris flicked my forehead. Holding hands, we slowly walked back home in the rain. 

"Wu Yi Fan," I started.

"Hmm?"

"I bet you 2 bubble teas that I'll get home before you since you're such an awkward, slow giant," I smirked.

"Oh, you're on babe." I made a mad dash for it, hoping for my life that his long legs won't aid him in the race.

-(Kai's POV)-

"Can we...talk?" My heart felt like it was about to jump out of my chest due to nervousness. It's been about two weeks since I've started ignoring Kyung Mi. 

"Sure...I guess," she scooted over and I stood next to her at a distance, leaning on the balustrade of the balcony.

"Are you okay?" I broke the silence.

"Why have you been ignoring me? Did I do something to make you mad?" She ignored my question and asked her own. 

"No...you didn't make me mad." She sighed.

"So why were you ignoring me?" I looked into the distance, keeping quiet for a minute. 

"It's for the better," I replied at last.

"How the hell is it for the be-"

"If you don't want anyone to be hurt, it's better if I stay away from you," I quietly interrupted her. 

"Kim Jongin, you're making as much sense as a drunk Kyungsoo," she half-glared at me. Chuckling, I shook my head.

"Nope, I make a lot more sense than you'd think."

"Then why don't you explain to me why it's better for you to stay away. Please, I'm asking you to enlighten me," she rolled her eyes. 

"If the person you loved was dating one of your best friends that you've always respected, how would you feel?" I asked in a monotone voice.

"Err, hurt I guess? Why?" She answered in a hesitant tone. I nodded at her answer.

"Exactly. You would feel hurt. What would you do then?" I looked her straight in the eyes. Her big, innocent, sad eyes were staring back at mine.

"I don't know. Maybe I would run far, far away. I might also just accept it and get over it. There's also the possibilty of confessing but that's highly unlikely. I asked you to explain your reason for ignoring me, not ask me questions about an unrequited love," she raised a questioning brow. I flicked her forehead. 

"You're so clueless when it comes to love."

"Shut up and answer my question seriously," she gave me one of her firm looks.

"Kyung Mi ah, there's some things that you're better off not knowing," I said solemnly.

"The least you could do is tell me why you're ignoring me! First, Lay moves to China, then Miyu's grandfather passes away and she's forced to live in China, and now you won't tell me why you've been acting like I don't exist!" She suddenly shouted.

Something inside me snapped and I couldn't hold it back anymore. "IF YOU THINK THAT'S BAD, TRY BEING IN MY SITUATION. WHY DON'T YOU TRY AND SEE WHAT IT'S LIKE TO LOVE YOUR FRIEND WHO DOESN'T FREAKING NOTICE YOU BECAUSE SHE'S TOO BUSY LOVING HER GOD DAMN BOYFRIEND WHO JUST HAPPENS TO BE YOUR FRIEND, SOMEONE YOU RESPECT WITH ALL YOUR HEART!!! What would you do?!" 

Kyung Mi's face was pale from shock and disbelief. "Are you talking about...me?" 

"No ," I rubbed my face in a frustrated manner. 

"Oh my god...I'm so sorry," she whispered.

"You have no idea how many times I wish I never opened up to you. I constantly regret ever having become close to you, yet I'd rather be friends than not be a part of your life at all," I muttered.

"I-I...what am I supposed to do?" She seemed like she was about to have a panic attack.

"Kyung Mi, I'm not telling you to return my feelings, you idiot. It's your fault for nagging at me to tell you anyway. Just don't hurt Yixing hyung and love him with all your heart. I don't want him getting hurt so please, let's just be friends again and ignore what happened tonight," I stuck my hands in my pocket and avoided her eyes.

"Wait...does that mean the song you wrote..."

"You mean the one that we were supposed to sing in front of the class but didn't even get a chance to because we were all too busy mourning over hyung's departure that we skipped school for the rest of that week? The one that I wrote about heartbreak? Yeah, that was referring to you," I laughed bitterly. "But that doesn't matter anymore. We're strictly friends, nothing more, nothing less."

"Are you...okay?" She asked fretfully. I poked her forehead and laughed.

"Yah, just stop worrying. I'm trying my best to throw those feelings away and if you keep worrying like this, how am I going to do that? You should be worried about yourself. Get some sleep, you're obviously lacking it. Let's hang out tomorrow, okay?" I patted her shoulder. "G'night." I was about to leave when her hand tugged on mine. Turning around, I gave her an amused look. 

"You owe me ice cream tomorrow," she stuck her tongue out and pushed me into the room. "Go sleep, pooface."

"Sheesh, so mean," I rolled my eyes but smiled afterwards. I slowly walked out of her room, and went downstairs. The guys were all lying down on blankets in the living room floor.

"Erm, you do realize there's a bunch of spare rooms?" I looked at them weirdly. 

"It's more fun and comforting to sleep together like this," Tao mumbled. 

"Sleep everyone. I'll wait up for Kris and Miyu," Suho urged.

"You don't need to. We're back," Kris' voice scared the out of me. He appeared out of nowhere behind me.

"I didn't appear out of nowhere. You're just really unobservant," he smirked. What the hell?

"Mian, everyone. I worried you all," Miyu quietly apologized. 

"Oh Yuyu," Baekhyun got up and squeezed her. "Our little Miyu!" 

"Let go, will you?" Kris glared.

"Sleep next to me tonight!" Sehun ran over and pulled her hand.

"You guys, leave the two alone and let them get dried up. They're wet from the rain," Luhan sighed. "Ppalli. We don't want you getting sick."

"Mm. Kris, you go to the other bathrooms or something, I think I'll talk to Kyung Mi first," Miyu smiled softly. Kris nodded and headed to an unoccupied bathroom. Miyu smiled at me. I noticed how her eyes were dull and sad, not at all matching her curved lips. I ruffled her hair and nodded my head towards the stairs. 

"Sleep tight everyone. See you tomorrow," she yawned and walked up the stairs.

-(Kyung Mi's POV)-

I had just laid down in bed when the door creaked open and in walked Miyu, all wet. Sitting up, I asked, "What happened to you?" 

"I was out in the rain. Give me a sec to get dried up, I need to talk to you." Not a second later, she walked into the bathroom and shut the door.

"Oh great, another talk," I plopped back down onto my bed. Closing my eyes, I thought about what Kai said. Should I tell Miyu? She is my best friend...

"Ay, pabo. You're not sleeping, are you?" I opened one of my eyes and looked at her face which was inches away. 

"Ew, get your face away from mine," I pushed her face away with my hand.

"At least I'm not Eun Hee or Yeon Hee." We both shuddered at the thought.

"So what did you want to talk about?"

"What else? Obviously about me moving to China." She lay down on my bed, both of us facing the ceiling.

"Life . I can't believe you're leaving me..."

"It's not my choice. Besides, A Gong just passed away. I can't believe I couldn't see him one last time," she sighed.

"Can I please come with you?" I asked jokingly.

"Please do." We both laughed softly and then fell quiet.

"Call me everyday?" I whispered.

"Of course."

"Lay said he would call..."

"Maybe he's super busy or something. Maybe I'll try and find him in China so then we can both call over to you guys," she said. 

"You should. I'll be bombarding him with nagging," I mumbled.

"Mimi ah, what will I do without you and your stupid trolling? Not to mention, Chen, Sehun, Lulu, and every single one of them. I think I'll die," she complained.

"What will we do without you? MY BEST FRIEND IS LEAVING ME HERE. YOU EVIL DIMWIT," I playfully hit her with my pillow.

"Shut up. I'm going to find Lay and we'll both talk to you guys."

"But why are you moving permanently just because A Gong died?" I asked curiously. It just doesn't make sense. Staying a few weeks or maybe months would be reasonable but to live there because a family member passed away just doesn't make any sense.

"Molla~ I guess only time will tell." Her voice was getting tired.

"Let's go to sleep. I'm about to fall asleep any minute now," I yawned loudly.

"Yeah, me too. Good night, fatass," she mumbled.

"Night ugly." I closed my eyes and drifted off to dreamland, forgetting to tell her about Kai.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everybody. I know it's been awhile since I last updated but here it is!

I was working on it last week but then I hadn't finished so I saved it. Stupid me because I forgot to press the hide chapter button until after I pressed save so if you got any notifications of an update from this story, I sincerely apologize.

Anywho, Kai finally confessed. YAY! Not really but okay. AHAHAH. I'm not okay.

I need to go to sleep, it's freaking 2:20 am over here. I'm dying.

But before I go...

THANK YOU SUBBIES. THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU I LUBB YOU ALLLLL. 

AND DOES ANYONE CELEBRATE CHINESE NEW YEAR? I THINK I'LL DIE NEXT WEEK. IT'S GONNA BE CHINESE NEW YEAR NEXT WEEK AND IMMA BE SO FREAKINGBUSY BUT IT'S GONNA BE FUN. YAYYYYYYYY I LOVE CHINESE NEW YEAR OKAI BAI

-2pmfan4ever

 

p.s. sorry for the randomness XDDDD