Crack 4

The Crack-filled Life of Huang Zitao

Tao ends up failing his math test. As expected. A paper with a 58 is smirking evilly at Tao, who just throws his head back in despair.

Sehun laughs at him for being incompetent when the teacher hands his own test back his test with a 93 marked on top of it.

The teacher decided that on that particular testing day, a seat arrangement change was a good idea, thus rendering Tao to fight for himself since Sehun was moved across the room.

“Karma for hurting my precious babies,” Sehun mutters under his breath as Tao continually smacks his face into his desk repeatedly, brain cells slowly depleting with each impact.

And Tao wonders why he’s so bad at math.

“Tao, come see me after class,” the teacher tells him. When the teacher turns around, Tao just sticks his tongue out in response.

“Did you really just do that? Are you 5?” Sehun snuffs at Tao’s immaturity.

“Did you really just say that? Are you going senile?” Tao responds coolly, and Sehun just rolls his eyes.

“We have quite the relationship, you know.”

“It’s called true friendship.”

“I know,” they both share wide smiles, and the fluffiness of the moment makes both of them wanna puke their guts out, because ew, friends aren’t supposed to be nice to each other.

The bell rings and a sullen panda trudges his way to the teacher’s desk.

“Tao,” the teacher starts, “You do realize, that at this rate, you’re going to fail this class,” he says, trying to start a serious conversation about the impact of his grades and his future and blah blah blah.

Bored, Tao just stares indifferently at his teacher’s mustache, silently laughing to himself because it reminds him of his friend Chanyeol’s pet ferret he had when they were younger.

“But,” the teachers says, completely oblivious to the way Tao was currently finding great humor in the ferret on his face, “I do have one idea for something that might help you to be able to pass.” The teacher continues saying things, but Tao isn’t listening because he don’t got no time for that.

“Huh? What?” Tao snaps out of his reverie, which included reminiscing about childhood memories when Chanyeol accidentally dropped his ferret in the toilet. Poor Chanyeol screamed his head off and fainted when Jongin decided it’d be funny to flush the toilet while it was still in there. Kyungsoo, of course, whacked Jongin in the back of the head , scolded him, and made sure to discipline him thoroughly afterwards when he successfully fished the ferret out from the swirling depths of the toilet.

Why Chanyeol even had the ferret in the bathroom with him at that time, no one knows.

“You just have to agree with it, and it’ll be done,” the teachers continues rambling on, and Tao didn’t even hear a bit of what he was supposed to ‘agree’ to.

“Uh, yeah, sure, I agree,” he says in a rush, not really understanding what he just agreed to but meh, whatever.

“All right,” the teacher smirks. “Well, then, please meet your new tutor.”

“Eh?” Tao was not expecting those words.

“Wu Fan, please come over here.”

A tall blonde figure appears next to Tao, and the panda looks up at his new ‘tutor’. He’s disgruntled about the fact that he has to look UP to meet his eyes, because how could there be a person that exists that’s already taller than Tao himself, in all his 183 cm glory? Ugh. Not cool.

But then Tao really takes a look at him. His first thoughts are, Holy , what is your face?

Perfect skin, piercing dark brown eyes, full lips, and a confident aura. And let’s not leave out his decent build of a body with those oh so beautifully sharp collarbones and hints of biceps on his otherwise skinny arms. Wrap that up with a nice head of blonde messy hair and tight pants and you’ve got yourself a god.

What is this beauty, and how does it exist? Someone needs to smack the bb cream off his face, because oh dear shisus he is too perfect.

“Hello,” a sparkly pair of eyes gleam with an unreadable emotion that makes Tao squint his eyes in disapproval at the fellow student. “I’m Wufan,” he introduces himself. “But you can call me Kris… or Kevin. Or Yifan. Or Li Jiaheng. Whatever suits your tastes,” he says in a velvety smooth deep voice.

Tao makes a face at all the names, because what the , does this man have some sort of identity crisis or something?

“I’m, uh…Tao,” the panda falters for a second and he mentally punches himself in the face for being so weak in the presence of perfection.

“Wu Fan here is apparently exceptionally intelligent. Or at least that‘s what the counselors told me.. Anyway, he’ll be your new tutor., and I‘m entrusting you to his care from now on.” The teacher quickly adds under his breath, “Now it isn’t my fault if you flunk this class or not.”

Tao takes another look at the man beside him, and considering the acrobatic flips that his stomach is doing all over the place, he groans and thinks to himself that maybe getting a tutor isn’t such a good idea anymore.