Chapter 5- meeting the maknae

Just Think About The Future

 

"So this is NH?" I looked down the railing, watching people walk from place to place.
 
"Ne, you know, this was the second place we auditioned when we started. We auditioned as a group, only 4 of us made it through all the rounds. They were pretty tough on the other girl"
 
"That's not how things usually work though? Don't you have to audition seperatly?"
 
"We're an exception. We always have been." I nodded, someone must have it good in this business. hearing the ding of the elevator, I turned toward it.
 
"Yah! Wait! I have to go get something from the van! You go ahead and find the room ill meet you there!" I sent a nervous smile her way as she turned to leave. I really didn't want to get lost.
 
Why would she leave me like that! I have no clue where. I'm going! Kara! You little-
 
" are you getting on?" I snapped from my thoughts and looked in the direction of the voice. A man, who looked like he was around my age was holding the elevator open with his hand. 
 
"Oh! Ne! Minahe!" I rushed in and took the spot beside him. The silence was unbareable. Poor guy, my awkward vibes are probably radiating off me.
 
"Im sorry, but do you work here? I mean, are you a trainee or something? Because I've never seen you here before" he questioned
 
"Ahh kinda, I'm with a group. Well I mean. It's hard to explain." I tried not to make eye contact, but realized I hadn't gotten a good look at his face yet, it was both tempting but the risk of eye contact was terrifying.
 
"Oh.. Well, if you're indeed a trainee I guess I'll be seeing alot more of you" I could hear him smiling as he paused. "Im Dongho, from ukiss" 
 
I swallowed hard knowing for sure who I was talking to now.
 
"Oh, dongho?" I smiled, still looking at my feet "nice to meet you, I'm Rina" out of the corner of my eye I seen his hand raise and move toward me.
 
"I hope we can be good friends" this forced me to look up at him. This was indeed Dongho infront of me.
 
Rini, if you dare blush you're going to regret it
 
"You..yo..ne~, ofcourse" I shook his hand with a worried smile and I walked off the elevator. 
 
Please don't follow me out here..
 
"Where are you headed?" He asked, stepping out with me. Dang it. I had to take a minute to gather enough courage to speak.
 
"Studio .." i paused, unable to remeber and handed him my phone with a picture of the number plate on it.
 
"Ahh that's right down here, follow me" I nodded and followed quietly behind him.
 
I slipped in the door he held open for me but stopped when I seen no one else had made it to the practice room yet. Bummer. Looks like I'd be starting alone.
 
"Oh..maybe it was a mistake.. Maybe he gave me the wrong number."
 
"What? Nonsense! This is where most of the trainees are sent. dont ask why, im not exactly sure." I sighed and set my bag on the bench. This was gunna be a long day.
 
"So what's your role? Rapper? Lead dancer?.." He trailed off at the end waiting for my to respond.
 
"Well.. Come to think about it... I'm not sure." I stopped and thought about it "Monica is the lead dancer.  Eun-ae is the maknae. Kara is the rapper. Lee is main vocalist..."
 
"So you're the visual than?" I looked at him shocked. 
 
"Visual? Me? Oh no no no monica unnie is much prettier than me" I fiddled with my shirt. He smirked at me and shook his head.
 
"Well. Let me see you dance" 
 
"Excuse me?" I stared at him in shock.
 
This guy..
 
"Palli palli! I want to see you dance!" I watched him carefully.
 
He can't be serious.
 
"Come on! I don't have all day! im an idol, i have things to do!" I grumbled under my breathe and sent a glare his way.
 
I just met you and you're ruining it for yourself..
 
I set my phone on a little dock in the corner and tried finding a song to play. After what seemed like 10 minutes I groaned in frustration.
 
"Move over, Ill pick" He kicked my thigh lightly, forcing me to almsot topple over. letting out yet ANOTHER deep sigh I backed away and stood behind him.
 
He kneeled down and tapped the screen a few times before music started to flow through the speakers.
 
 
**
Really boring ending, but i had to divide it somewhere. the chapter was WAY to long.