Chapter 2- Special Day

Just Think About The Future

"Woah what's going on" I whispered to myself. There was a crowd of people lined up for studio B.

New Dancers?

I searched frantically for ms. Soo but couldn't push through the crowd.

"MS. SOO" I called, I could see light brown hair with a blonde streak pined into a bun over the crowd.

That must be her.

"Excuse me. Sorry. Sorry! Comin through. Ms. Soo!" When I had made it to her she turned and smiled.

"Mitagi! You made it. Come." Grabbing me by the wrist she pulled me throw to the studio doors.

"Ms. Soo please! What's going on?" I snapped my wrist from her hand. She didn't say anything but just smiled and nodded toward the studio doors. I hadn't been in studio B since my mom was here.

I swallowed hard and peeked behind me as I walked to the door.

When I looked though the window, a group if 4 girls were dancing to a pop song I had never heard before. I assumed it was in English.

Lady gaga? What? Is this a dance competition. Oh my god. Is there a dance competition today?!

"Ms? Is there a -"

"No, no competition. And recruiting group." She told me.

"Recruiting group?" My browns furrowed, confused.

"A group in need of a new member." I felt a hand on my shoulder. "I realize you may not think you good enough for this but I got you a spot to preform for them. If they like you, which I know they will. You get the spot. You have to sing, and dance."

I swallowed hard looking back at her.

"Your crazy." I stated simply.

"Maybe. But here. Play this cd I put a couple of songs on it that you're best at." She pulled a yellow square plastic case from her jacket, lifted my hand and slipped it in my fingers.

"You'll be dancing to one, singing one of the others and doing a combo on the last ok? "

"Ms. soo... I..." Pausing to think of the right words, she placed and hand on my heek.

"She would have wanted you to do this. I promise you can do this, you're good enough to make it into that group. and if they turn you down they'll be sorry. you're an amaing dancer and you work so hard." I let out a breathe as her hands fell to my shoulders.

Mom would have wanted this..right?

"Please Rina. Do something for yourself for once. dont worry about anyone else but your self at this moment, alright?" I smiled up at her and nodded.

"ill do my best" i said reluctantly.

"I know you will" Soo brought a fist up to cheek level and grinned. "Fighting!"

"Fighting.." I shouted back as i turned through the door.

"Good morning. annyeonghaseyo" i bowed my head and waved my hand in front of me "je ireum-eun Rina imnida" Everyone stopped dancing and just stood and stared at me for the longest time.

JFC

"Um.. do you speak english?" I asked quietly. "No?" Just as i was about to back away and leave a girl with blonde hair stepped forward.

"Hi, im Kara, you must be Soo's student." She flipped her hand out of her coat pocket to shake my hand.

"Nice to meet you" I whisphered. Ahh so this one speaks english.

"I bet you're wanting to meet the others." she backed up and stood in a line with the other 3 girls.

Monica was the first in line. She was apart of 5x before they disband. She was, according to Kara, The most talented dancer of the group since she danced with a austrailian dance group before coming to korea. She was very tall compared to me. Im only 5'3 and I came atleast up to her nose. she was also the oldest,23

Lee was next. She was the one who formed the group. Lee also aperiently wasn't her real name, but no one told me what it was. Kara said lee writes alot of the songs but doesnt speak english. She was alittle taller than me but for the most part the same size. She seemed to be the nicest one though, aswell as very pretty. Her hair was curled away from her face while her fringe was flat on her head. I also had noted she had really big eyes, her features almost made her look like a doll. she was the youngest, only 18. Atleast im not the Maknae.

Kara explained that she, herself was the one who did the small rap sections and that she kinda at dancing but had gotten better over the years and hoped i could teach her something new. Kara was 23.

Last in line was Eun-ae. She was the "main singer" of the group. She seemed very quiet so i didnt push too much info out of her, but she was very small and cute. as it turns out she wasnt as young as i thought, she was 21

"Its great to meet you all" I smiled, shifting my weight into my left foot. old habit.

"Tells us alittle about yourself, Rina" I swallowed and thought of something to say but came up blank.

"What would you like to know?" i questioned.

"anything. what ever youd like." Lee pushed.

"um..ok..well im 19. ive been dancing both ballet and alt. dance since I was 4. um." I got nervous and choked on my words.

"Its alright if you're nervous. We can wait. if you wanna go ahead and dance it's fine." I sighed in relief. I hated talking about myself.

"oh!" i jumped, "I have this" Kara grinned with a "ahh" sound and took it from me.

"hmmm SHINee... Lee hi ... Oh, U-kiss" she rasied her eyebrow and looked back in my direction. "You a fan of u-kiss?" I nodded.

"kinda" she popped the disk in the stereo and pressed play.

I did my usual routine, hoping not to fail.

SHINee's Lucifer and Super junior's Mr. simple were the ones the girls choose for my to dance too.

I chose to sing Rose by lee hi. and Kara made me do the combo to Ukiss's Dora dora and standing still.

and can i just say, Dancing to dora dora made me EXREMELY nervious.

"Alright, go get a drink, sit and rest for a bit. Chontie, come here. Now." Monica beckond for Eun-ae and slide out of my hearing zone.