Chapter one - The dancer

Just Think About The Future

I took a last turn and looked at myself in the mirror. The moves were good, but I had room to improve. I pulled my towel from off the bench and wiped off my face, thankful I didnt put make up on before I came.

I took a step back and looked throught the window to see it was now dark, I tilled my head and smiled.

I should probally pack up and leave soon, I thought.

"one more time and then ill go." I told myself. hitting the play button again, sound automatically billowing from the speakers.

Just as soon as I started, a door slamed.

"Rina, you've been here all night. You're gunna pass out like this." I looked up shocked and turned the music off quickly so I could hear her.

"Ms. Soo! O..oh please forgive me." I bowed to her with a pause and then continued "I got carried away and Didn't see the time I'm sorry please for.." I paused at the sound of her laughing and walked toward her carefully.

"Ms. Soo?....are you....are you laughing?" She let out a small sigh and smiled, taking her hand away from .

"Rina. Why must you work so hard." She sat across from me on the bench and beckoned for me to sit too, placing her hands in her lap.

"I'm a dancer ms. I have to keep my skills set." I sat, crossing my legs.

"Yes but, all you do is dance. Day and night you're hear all by yourself.." She stopped and looked up from her lap. "Don't you enjoy anything else?"

I thought about it for a minute and smiled. "Singing. I like singing. And painting, tho I'm not too good at it." Ms. Soo nodded.

"But I need to keep improving with my dance if I want to make this a career. If I don't then ill have to work at pa's noodle shop. And I really don't want to be doing that for the rest of my life."

"Your so much like your mother."

I looked at her shocked and stood to my tired feet. I wasnt ready to hear anything about her.

"Ms. I'm afraid it's late. I need t go. Please forgive me" I rushed to grab my coat and bag from the floor. I wavered a bit, loosing my balance but caught myself on the wall.

"You cant always run Rina."

"I will as long as I can." I smirked. "Annyeonghigaseyo"

...............

When I woke up the next morning, my roommate, Ka-ma was screaming at the tv. I slumped out of bed and walked to the living room.

"Ka-ma! Why are you screaming? It's nearly 8am!" I latched my stare onto her as she jumped up.

"They're going to play vixx! Rina they're playing vixx! RINA!" Ka-ma bounced around with a glass in her hand.

Unbelievable, I thought.

"I can totally see me and N...huh. WAH! RINA THE TV!" She crawled up to it on her knees and shook it. "Rina it's broken something's wrong with it Rina fix it."

Ugh. This girl. so obsorbed in the tv she didnt noticed. I held the plug up to her face, causing her to go cross eyed.

"Huh?" Her jaw went unhinged as she stared. And if looks could kill, I'd be dead 10 times over.

"RINA MITAGI DO YOU NOW YOU JUST TURNED OFF THE GREAT VIXX WHY WOULD YOU DO SUCH A THING"

"Hmmph.. Shh. You're much better to be around when you don't speak." I joked handing her the plug.

"I'm going first today. Ill see you after practice." I waved and walked back to my room.

I changed into my usual dance clothes, a baggy cut up bunny shirt and my pink sweats. I pulled my hair into a side bun with a ribbon as I walked to the door.

"Oh and ka-ma! Ill be out late tonight, so just order take out." I grabbed my bag and shoes and left to the studio.