Chapter 9

Eclipse of the Night

DOUBLE UPDATE!!!!!


Seeing the five males staring intently at her caused a shudder to race down her spine. “To be honest, I’m not sure how I got it, but it suddenly appeared just now when I woke up from this dream I had. I’m not even sure if it was a dream, it felt like a memory to me,” she said gazing down at the necklace as she placed her hand upon it lightly. “What do you mean by memory?” Suho asked her in wonder. “Do you mind if you tell us what it was about?” he asked gently as he took her free hand into his own. Xiumin looked at his brothers as the wheels began turning in his head and his eyes widened as everything seemed to be connected. The necklace, Yanluo’s appearance, and being called priestess. “No way,” he muttered in shock. Hearing him, Luhan looked toward Xiumin and nodded before the duo returned their attention to Hyerin as she agreed to Suho’s request. She soon began to relay her dream/memory to them and once she was done she looked at each of their expressions that were filled with shock. “What’s wrong?” she asked as she placed her other hand upon Suho’s which continued to grip hers.

He looked up at her with tears starting to fill his eyes. “Junyeong was my father,” he choked out before the tears began to fall. Hearing this she felt her heart skip a beat before whirling toward both Luhan and Xiumin. “And the two of you? Were…” she started just as they nodded. “Lujian was Luhan’s father and Minyeong was mine,” Xiumin said as she watched all five males break down into tears. She got up onto her knees and held Lay and Suho who were still sitting beside her on her bed in her arms as tears soon fell down her face. “I don’t understand though,” she muttered as the trio pulled away. What surprised her the most was that not a second later all five were on bended knee before her with their fists upon their chest giving her a look of utmost adoration that her heart skipped a beat and began to quicken. Seeing them like this she scrambled off her bed to try and get them to stand up. “Please don’t act like this,” she cried out and watched as they refused to stand. Luhan then looked up at her. “It all makes sense now. Why we seem drawn to you. Why Yanluo kept calling you priestess and the way he wanted to take you. Hyerin, I mean priestess, don’t worry, we will protect you no matter what,” Luhan said as he gazed tenderly at her. She then fell upon her knees in front of him and placed her palms upon his cheeks. “Please don’t call me that. I am and always will be Hyerin. In my dream/memory I remember a faint voice after I passed out that said I would remember in due time. Do you think you could help me?” she asked the male.

Seeing her distraught expression, Luhan nodded his head as he felt comfort and safety just by her hands being placed upon his face. They soon stood up and Hyerin felt a sigh of relief escape her lips as she stood as well only to feel a wave of dizziness encompass her and wobbled slightly. As it happened, five hands shot toward her and held her as she looked at each of their faces. “It’s ok, I just got dizzy there for a second,” she apologized to them. Shaking his head, Xiumin moved closer to her and placed his palm upon her forehead. “You’re burning up. Climb into bed,” he said as he helped maneuver her into her bed against her protests. Seeing his good intentions though she nodded and willingly lied back down. As her head hit the pillow, she felt a wave of exhaustion hit her this time. “No matter what,” she murmured softly as her eyes began to close. “Please don’t act differently toward me,” she said sighing as she fell into a dreamless sleep.

As she lay there before them in sleep, each male looked at each other and nodded agreeing to her request. They didn’t realize how much they had come to really care about her in the short time that they had known her. Luhan soon removed the barrier surrounding the room and only just then did they hear the pounding of a fist on the door. Rushing toward it, Kris yanked it open only to have a puppy pile land in front of his feet consisting of the beagle line and the three maknaes. The six men looked up sheepishly at their dragon like leader before gazing around and seeing Hyerin asleep in her bed. Kai squirmed his way out of the pile and rushed over, but when he got close Suho and Xiumin blocked his path with a glare causing him to wince and step back at their stern look. Checking her temperature after healing her, Lay turned to all of his brothers that were in the room just as D.O walked in and gazed at the mess before him. “I think it would be best if we went downstairs into the living room so she can rest,” Lay said as the five oldest soon began to usher everyone out. Closing the door behind them with a soft click, they made their way downstairs and claimed their own seat as Suho and Kris stood before all of them.

Sharing a look between the two, Suho turned toward the ten men as he held their utmost attention upon himself and Kris. “We need to talk about Hyerin,” he said softly. As he spoke her name, he felt his heart skip a beat in happiness before resuming its normal beat. Hearing her name Sehun stood up. “What’s wrong with noona?” he asked frantically only to have Luhan pull him back down toward the seat he had left moments before. Looking at his hyung, Sehun tilted his head and furrowed his brows. “Don’t interrupt. That goes for all of you,” Luhan said meeting each of their eyes all joking aside. Kris nodded his thanks toward the older before gazing at his brethren. “Do all of you remember that day, several years ago before our fathers passed away when we were told of a prophecy?” he asked as he watched of their expressions.

Hearing this, Baekhyun and Chen shared a look before looking back toward the leaders. “The one about the guardians and the pries…. Priestess?!” Baekhyun cried out in shock as everything came into place for him. “You don’t mean…” he asked as shock overtook him. Suho nodded once in confirmation at where his thoughts were going. “According to the prophecy, one day, twelve guardians would meet up with the missing priestess of the tree of life and would end the army of the red force bringing about peace in the universe. However, if by chance the priestess would fall into the hands of the red force before being reunited with the guardians, the universe as we knew it would be doomed,” Suho said softly and he watched as if a light switch came on for each of his brothers. “It’s been confirmed that Hyerin is our missing priestess which explains why Yanluo appeared before her to take her. We need to be strong and protect her,” he said as he looked at Kris to continue.

“What this means, is that we are going to be training again so that we are ready when the time comes to protect her. She has also asked that we not treat her any differently than how we already do, so please follow her wish,” he said and just as he was about to say more, he heard a voice that seemed to caress him speak above him from the second floor landing. “I want to join in your training,” Hyerin spoke as she moved out of the halls shadows to stand before them. Hearing her request the room filled with words of dissent. Raising her hand to stop them, she watched in awe as they immediately stopped. Walking down to stand before them all, she sighed before straightening her spine and a hard expression appeared on her face. “I refuse to be the damsel in distress. I might have been before this memory loss, but I refuse to do so now or in the future,” she said. Kris and Suho turned to gaze at each other as they thought over her request before nodding in agreement. “It’s actually not a bad idea to be prepared for anything,” Suho started as he met her gaze and the duo nodded in agreement. “We start tomorrow,” Kris said gruffly as he crossed his arms while looking at his brothers who soon began to complain in annoyance.

“He’s right you know. The sooner the better. Seeing as how we have a few hours until dawn, I’m going back to bed,” Hyerin said softly as she turned and headed upstairs just as Sehun jumped up and ran toward her, taking her hand within his larger ones. “Can I sleep with you noona?” he asked sheepishly. Hearing his request, one of her eyebrows rose in question only to giggle softly. “Alright Sehunnie,” she said as she clasped her hand with his. Hearing her consent Kai immediately appeared before them with a pout. “That’s not fair!! I wanted to sleep with noona too!” he pouted while stomping his feet. “All’s fair in love and war hyung,” Sehun said while sticking his tongue out at the other. Watching the maknae battle, she couldn’t help but giggle at how silly they were being. “Oh! I know! Maknae sandwich!” Kai said his finger pointing into the air with a mischievous grin appearing. Soon Sehun had a matching one of his own as the two maknaes dragged her to her room and the sound of a door slamming shut resounded throughout the house as well as peals of laughter.

“What just happened?” Tao said in shock as the others looked at him with the same expression. “YAH! It’s only a maknae sandwich if I’m included too!!” Tao yelled up to the room before he slammed his mouth shut with both hands covering it as well as turning beet red. Soon laughter filled the room as the brothers made fun of the panda for being jealous. Inside Hyerin’s room, she couldn’t keep the smile off her face as she lay between the two maknaes who each held a hand toward their chest and facing toward her. Giving a sigh of content, she felt her eyes close once again as peace settled throughout the house and the other members resuming their own sleep with the knowledge that in a few hours’ time, hell’s training would begin.


Authors Note:

WOW! I actually was able to do a double update!!! I'm really excited that I was able to do so for everyone! My thought's just kept pouring out so I wanted to continue writing for everyone until I was satisfied today and the end result is another chapter for the story. Thank you SO much to all of my viewers, subscribers, commentors, as well as silent readers!!! I appreaciate every single one of you!!! And as always, please do let me know what you think on my story!

XOXO

Zoe_bug