Chapter 4

Eclipse of the Night

Shaking her head from side to side vigorously, she abruptly turned around and headed back into the kitchen while mumbling. “I can’t do this,” she mumbled while stepping outside and heading toward the barn.

Watching her leave the newcomers turned toward Sehun seeing that he was alright. One of the men walked toward him and ruffled his hair. “You ok Sehunnie?” he asked the maknae. Looking up at his leader, Sehun grinned. “I’m good Suho hyung. Although, I’m not sure about Hyerinnie,” he murmured the last part but Suho had heard him.

“Who is she?” Suho asked while sitting down on the couch. “Oh, Hyerin found me right after we had arrived. This is her house,” Sehun replied as he stood up. “I’m going to go check and see if she is ok though,” he said turning around only to have a hand grab his arm stopping him. “You stay here, I’ll speak with her. I’d especially like to express my thanks,” Suho said with a smile as he pushed Sehun to sit back down.

He then turned and headed into the kitchen and as he stepped out onto the back porch he realized he was being followed. “Curiosity got to you didn’t it Lay?” he called over his shoulder to look at the healer of the group. As his gaze left Suho’s, Lay glanced around and was amazed at the variety of plants that were on the porch and yard.

The duo continued walking while glancing around to see if they could find her only to see the door leading into the barn wide open. Sharing a look, they headed inside only to hear a soft voice speaking toward one of the horses. “Epona, what do I do? I’ve never seen something as crazy as this! These men have powers! Sehun seems like a normal kid, I wonder if he has powers as well. I think I’m going crazy,” she said leaning her hand against the mare’s shoulder.

Watching her mistress, one of Epona’s ears twitched when she heard footsteps crunching against the hay and stone. Giving a loud neigh and pushing her mistress behind her with her muzzle, Epona turned to see two men outside of her stall. Looking around Epona’s shoulder, Hyerin’s eyes widened at the sight of the two unknown men.

“Would it be ok if we talked to you? I’m Suho and this is Lay, we are also Sehun’s brothers,” Suho said gently looking at her. Nodding slowly, she came out from behind Epona and patted her shoulder lightly before coming out of the stall. Once the door had been relocked, she turned toward the two and crossed her arms giving them a look as if to say, ‘Go on.’

Seeing her look, Suho sighed. “I know you don’t trust us, and that we may seem strange to you, but I do want to let you know that we aren’t going to hurt you,” he said gently. However, what surprised the duo is seeing that she scoffed.

“It’s too late to say that when one of your brothers already attacked me,” she stated with narrowed eyes. Hearing this, Lay immediately reached out and grabbed her arms to check if she had been injured. It was as if an electric current had surged throughout her body at his touch, causing her eyes to widen in surprise.

Yanking her arms out of his grasp, she took a couple of steps back and stared at him. Seeing the expression on her face, Lay frowned. “Sorry, I can’t help it. When you said you had been attacked, I just wanted to see if you were injured anywhere,” he said shuffling from side to side under her scrutinizing gaze.

“Oh, you should have said something before suddenly grabbing me,” she said calming down. Lay rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. Chuckling, Suho clapped his brother on the shoulder before glancing back at her. “Lay is like the doctor out of all of us. He only has good intentions Hyerin,” he smiled at her.

Hearing her name come out of his mouth, her eyes widened once more. “I never told you my name, how did you know?” she asked cautiously. Suho’s smile only grew. “Sehun told us your name when I asked him who you were. Speaking of Sehun, I wanted to thank you on behalf of everyone for taking care of him. He had everyone worried when we couldn’t find him,” he replied.

Nodding her head she sighed softly before turning toward the door. “I guess we should head back inside then?” she inquired to the duo. Seeing them give a nod of agreement the trio headed back to the house. Passing her garden Lay caught up to walk beside her. “You have a really nice garden,” he shyly stated while looking around.

Catching his gaze, she gave him a kind smile in thanks. Seeing her smiling so gently toward him, Lay felt a blush creep up onto his cheeks and he ducked his head bashfully. Laughing softly, she looked back toward the house just as she reached the door and held it open. Motioning for them to go first, she watched them go inside before following behind.

As the trio stepped into the living room with Lay and Suho standing in front, all of the conversations going on stopped. “What took you so long? Did you go cry to your mommy?” Tao glared at her. Narrowing her eyes at him she glanced around her to see what the closest object was.

Seeing that she had stopped beside her bookshelf and that laying on one of the shelves was a dictionary, she glanced from it to Tao and back again numerous times. With a quick glance and making sure no one was watching, she picked the book up and with a quick flick of her wrist she sent the book hurling through the air and watched with satisfaction as it collided with the back of his head causing him to fall off the couch and onto the floor.

Seeing his hyung crumpled on the ground with a heavy book beside him, Kai couldn’t help but roar with laughter at Tao’s misery while clutching his sides. “Go ahead and read through that. Look up the word ‘jerk’ and I’m almost 100% positive that you’ll find your face next to the meaning,” she snapped at him in annoyance.

Seeing that it looked like the two were about to get into a fist fight, Sehun rushed over to her and wrapped his arms around her to hold her back from doing anything she shouldn’t. “Noona, calm down,” he pleaded with her. Feeling Sehun’s arms around her, she took a deep breath and attempted to listen to the male that she could sort of consider as her own little brother.

Seeing her calm down, Suho looked toward Tao and saw Kris helping him stand and Kai still laughing his head off. “Tao, apologize to her,” he calmly stated toward the younger male. “Why should I apologize?! She’s the one that hit me!” he stated as he got back on his feet and glared at her. “This wouldn’t have happened if you hadn’t attacked her first! You need to be more cordial to others and from what I’ve seen so far, you’ve been nothing but rude to her!” Suho said raising his voice slightly.

Hearing this, Kris whirled toward the younger and stared down at him with furrowed brows. “You did what?” he growled and watched as Tao shrank back slightly. Ignoring everything around him, Sehun began to sniff the air. “Noona, why do you smell different than how you did earlier?” he inquired.

Looking up at the taller male, a smile broke out on her face causing the hidden dimple she had to reveal itself. “I was in the barn silly,” she said reaching up and flicking him lightly on the forehead. Flinching slightly he began to pout at her.

Hearing their conversation, Tao still wanted to be rude and he wasn’t sure why though even after he had been scolded by his leaders. “I was wondering where that awful smell was coming from. Looks like it was coming from you,” he sneered.

Hearing Tao’s statement, Hyerin whipped her head toward him just as Kris and Suho glared at him. “TAO!” they roared just as she managed to get out of Sehun’s embrace. “That’s it, I’m kicking your ,” she snarled and began to stomp toward him.

Seeing her coming toward Tao, Kris moved quickly and knelt slightly in front of her as he picked her up easily and threw her over his shoulder causing her to yelp in shock. “What in the?! Let me down!” she cried out as Kris walked out the door with her in tow and the others to stare in shock.

 


Here's the next chapter. I meant to work on this chapter earlier today but I woke up late and had to get ready for work. Although,  I am at work right now and typing away. lol. I hope everyone likes this so far.