Chapter 2

Eclipse of the Night

“Don’t you think you’re being a little reckless?” the oldest of the trio murmured softly as he lightly lifted his hand to wave his fingers towards himself as the arrow became freed.

“Gege, I was only trying to rescue Sehun from his kidnapper!” the male called back in frustration as he fixed his shirt. Noticing that it now had a large hole in it, he became even more upset. “Damn her!” he snarled in anger.

“If you’re so upset about it hyung, why didn’t you stop time?” the youngest stated with a raised eyebrow.

“I did though! Everything except the arrow, the horse, and that woman stopped moving! I don’t understand how it’s possible,” he stated in wonder.

“Well, whatever the reason Tao, I do agree that we need to go get Sehun,” the oldest said as he began to turn in the direction of where the woman had disappeared to. “Kai, can you teleport ahead to see if you can find her?”

Nodding, Kai let himself tap into his powers as dark smoke surrounded him before he disappeared. He soon appeared on the edge of the forest as he saw before him was a quaint two story house with a wraparound porch and a modest garden off to the side. Seeing that the woman and his brother begin to stop before the house did he turn and teleport back to his brethren.

Reappearing in front of the two brothers, Kai immediately began to inform them of what he saw. “Luhan hyung, they are about a mile away from here at what looks like her home.”

Hearing this, the trio nodded at each other before Tao and Luhan placed their hands upon Kai’s shoulder to be teleported closer.


Tightening her grip on the reins, she pulled slightly to slow the mare until they came to a complete stop in front of the porch of her modest home. Once they were at a complete stop, she dismounted quickly and reached up to slowly bring the unconscious male down into her embrace. Stumbling backwards slightly and trying not to fall, she wrapped her arms around his frame.

Seeing that he was off the horse as well now, she placed his arm around her shoulders and slowly moved up the porch stairs toward her front door. Leaning slightly against the door jamb, she pulled the key out of her pocket and into the door knob to unlock it. Hearing that satisfying click signaling it was unlocked she pushed it open.

Continuing to drag the male with her, she made her way toward the mahogany leather couch. She soon let his body drop onto the couch and adjusted his legs to make sure he fit and one of the decorative pillows beneath his head. Standing back up, she glanced around the room only for her vision to zoom in on the tan afghan that lay folded on the matching recliner. Making quick work, she soon had the blanket draped over his body. Nodding in satisfaction she turned around and headed back outside toward the patient mare who gave her a nudge once her hands had reclaimed the reins.

Leading the horse into the stables that lie on the opposite side of the house, she was soon unsaddling the mare and giving her a quick brush down. Leaning her head against the horse’s muzzle, she let out a sigh. “What a night,” she murmured softly. Taking a few steps back, she checked the surroundings of the stall to verify that her closest companion had fresh hay and water before she bid goodnight to the horse.

Walking back into the house, she saw that the unknown male was still not awake. Humming softly, she headed to her room to take a shower before attending to him. With the scent of lavender caressing her clean skin, she made her way out of her room into the kitchen where she grabbed a bowl and filled it with some warm water and a small towel gripped in her hand.

Heading back to kneel beside the male, she placed the bowl on the ground and soon had the towel soaked in the warm liquid. Wringing it out, she laid it on his forehead, but not before realizing a fever had warmed his skin. Frowning, she lightly moved his hair out of the way and placed the towel down.

With the backside of her fingers, they skimmed lightly against his cheeks in a soothing manner. What surprised her the most however, is when she heard a sigh of content pass his lips and his head moving toward her touch.

Tilting her head in curiosity, she removed her hand only to have it taken into a strong grip. As her eyes began to widen, she looked at his face to see a pair of brown eyes gazing back at her. Seeing that he had awoken, she leaned forward with her mid-back honey brown tresses falling over her shoulder to lightly touch his chest and with her other hand she retrieved the towel. “You’re finally awake,” she softly said.

Hearing her voice, the male nodded slowly. He could kind of make out a description of the person. He wasn’t sure why, but her presence soothed him. He felt a little dizzy and his vision was slightly clouded. He began to blink rapidly to help clear his vision.

“What’s your name?” she asked. She didn’t want to frighten him with all the questions she had floating through her mind so she decided to ask only the bare minimum and that was starting with his name.

“Sehun,” he murmured as he tried to sit up.

Realizing what he was trying to do, she used the hand that wasn’t still held in his grip to gently ease him into a sitting position. Once he was rested against the back of the couch, she got off her knees to sit beside him. Giving a slight tug of her ensnared hand trying to take it back, Sehun realized he still held onto her.

He let go and turned his head away in embarrassment. “Where am I?” he asked as he glanced around the room. Meeting her gaze, he became curious as to who she was and why he felt safe with her.

“You’re at my home. I found you in the middle of my land and watched as you collapsed. How are you feeling by the way?” she asked with concern. She felt this little spark in her chest begin to burn as a sisterly tenderness filled her. She didn’t know why though. She was an only child and she just assumed that because she had no siblings, that feeling of having a sibling to take care of was never satiated.

Somehow, this man caused her to have these unknown feelings. What was it about him that made her feel this way? Sehun searched her eyes to see if there was any ill intent. Seeing none, he sighed in relief. “I feel fine, thank you for everything you’ve done though,” he said softly. “Would it be ok if I asked for your name though? Seeing as how you know mine now.”

“Of course, how rude of me. It’s Hyerin,” she replied.


Well, there's chapter 2! Now we know the main characters name and who the EXO members are! Thanks again for reading! Now it's off to work for me. I will try to update later. ^___^