Chapter 5

Eclipse of the Night

Heading back through the kitchen and outside, Kris quickly glanced at his surroundings and was more than satisfied when he saw a hammock connected between two large oak trees. Heading in that direction, while ignoring the fists pounding his back, he stopped beside the hammock and dropped her onto it.

Looking up at him she noticed the frustrated look on his face. Tilting her head to the side, Hyerin looked at him before surprise took over her as he sat beside her on the hammock. “First off, I want to apologize for Tao’s behavior towards you. It was unacceptable that he treated you the way he did,” he stated looking at her.

Blinking, she gave a sigh before turning her body toward him. “Look, you shouldn’t be apologizing for him. He should take responsibility for his own actions and if he doesn’t do it himself, it doesn’t mean you should do it,” she started to say and as he opened his mouth to say something she lifted her hand to stop him. “I understand that you are his brother, but that doesn’t mean that you need to fix his mistakes.”

Hearing this, Kris sat in silence to take in all that she had told him. “But here’s the thing though, Suho and I are the leaders out of all of us. So when it comes to another brother acting out, we have to step in,” he replied softly while meeting her gaze.

“I heard my name, what’s up?” a voice stated causing the duo to jump slightly and turn to see Suho, Sehun, and Luhan standing in front of them. “Noona!” Sehun called excitedly as he pulled her up and wrapped his arms around her and started swaying from side to side. Laughing, she placed her arms around him as well. Once he stopped she turned to look at the others to see their looks of amusement.

“Sehun sure has taken a liking to you,” Suho said softly to the nods of agreement from the other two. “That’s what surprised me, usually Sehun keeps to himself, so to see him act this way is definitely a good thing,” Luhan agreed while nodding his head.

Kris then looked at his brothers. “So what happened after I brought us out here?” he asked. Suho then looked at him. “Well, I got onto Tao about his behavior. Now Xiumin and D.O have tag teamed and are scolding him since Sehun wanted to come out here,” he replied.

Hearing that the umma of the group, along with the oldest, were scolding Tao made the corner of Kris’s lip twitch in amusement. “That’s definitely a site I want to see,” Kris stated standing up. “Is it supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing that those two are scolding him?” Hyerin asked as the group made their way back toward her home.

Once she was out of Sehun’s embrace, she walked beside Suho and looked at him as he faced her as well. “Well, Xiumin is the oldest out of all of us. Sure, sometimes he can act immature and all, but since he is the oldest, he tends to be strict as well when it comes to manners. Then there’s D.O who you could say is like our umma. He takes care of everyone and makes sure we all have what we need,” he said thoughtfully.

Hearing this, she felt a smile tug at her lips and her expression softened at how close these men were. “Noona, where’s your parents?” Sehun asked as he reached out and took her hand on the opposite side of Suho and started swinging their hands forward and back. “You sure are becoming a skin ship monster,” Luhan muttered. Hearing Sehun’s question however, Hyerin looked down at the ground as they walked and sighed.

Seeing her expression, Kris turned his head and met Suho’s gaze as they both wondered why she looked sad. Hyerin shook her head before smiling softly at Sehun, but there was a pained expression in her eyes at the memory of her family. “I’ll tell you later ok?” she asked giving his hand a light squeeze. Giving a nod, Sehun returned the squeeze just as the group walked inside.

Now that they were in the kitchen they heard a loud voice yelling in the living room. “What do you think you were doing?! Have you learnt NOTHING that was taught to you?!”A voice yelled out. “Tao, I understand you were initially upset because you thought she was kidnapping Sehun, but continuing to antagonize her is not the right thing to do,” A second voice reasoned.

Hearing this, the group looked at each other before walking into the living room to see two shorter men ganging up on the much taller male. Seeing how uncomfortable he looked, Hyerin tried to smother a giggle that wanted to come out. Seeing the rest of his brother’s come in, Kai stood up and walked over to them. Looking at Hyerin he grinned. “I gotta say, you seriously kicked Tao’s . I thought it was so funny how you took the dictionary you had and threw it at him,” he stated while grinning like the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland.

“Kai, you’re not helping,” Suho said while pinching the bridge of his nose. Laughing, Hyerin reached up and ruffled the younger male’s hair. “Now you know not to piss me off. You just might get an object thrown at your head,” she giggled while winking at him.

Hearing her laughter, the rest of the group stopped what they were doing and turned around to see that they were all reunited. “Now that everything has calmed down, why don’t we introduce ourselves to you?” Kris asked while looking at her. “That sounds like a good idea,” she said nodding.

“Well as you know now, I’m Suho, and this is Kris, we are both the leaders of our group,” he said just as someone randomly yelled ‘Duizhang.’ Hearing the word the group started chuckling. One by one, each member introduced themselves until it got to Baekhyun. Looking at her, he grinned. “I’m Baekhyun, but you can call me Oppa,” he said. Hearing this, the others began to complain at him being vain. “YAH! Bacon, you can’t just declare for her to call you that! But if you do, call me that as well, ok?” Chanyeol said turning to look at her.

There was soon a resounding chorus of ‘me too’ which caused the leaders to shake their head in exasperation and Sehun and Hyerin to glance at each other and start laughing. “Hyungs, I don’t think that’s possible because noona is older than all of us,” Sehun said laughing causing all the members to express their disappointment.

“Really? How old are you if you don’t mind my asking,” Lay asked quietly. Tilting her head she smirked. “Why don’t you guess?” she teased. She soon heard numerous numbers being shouted until she heard someone yell ’35.’ She turned to look at Chen and narrowed her eyes at him. “Are you trying to insult me?” she asked raising her left eyebrow in question. “I seriously can’t see you being over 20 to be honest,” Luhan said looking at her.

“So says the baby faced one out of the group. I’m just going to take that as a compliment. You guys really can’t tell?” she asked laughing at their expressions. Sehun chuckled as well before swinging his arm to land around her shoulders. “Hyungs, noona is 25. So that makes her two years older the Xiumin hyung,” he stated while looking toward the puffy cheeked male.

Hearing her real age, the males gaped at how she looked younger than what she really was. Off in the corner, Tao watched his brethren interact with her and sighed. ‘Maybe gege’s right. I did over step my boundaries by being rude to her. I wonder what I could do to make it up,’ he thought to himself.

Hyerin soon felt herself start to yawn from exhaustion. “I don’t know about you guys, but I’m getting tired, so I’m going to bed. Do you have anywhere to stay?” she asked Suho and Kris while turning to them. The duo glanced at each other before Suho shook his head to indicate that the answer was a no. Seeing this, Hyerin nodded once before looking at the other men that randomly came into her life.

“Well, seeing as how I have plenty of rooms here, help yourself. Although the last room at the end of the hall is mine so please don’t go in there without my permission,” she stated before bidding her goodnights to them and heading to her room to pass out.

Once she was gone, Kris turned to the members. “What do you think of her?” he asked them. “She seems nice, I think it’d be nice to get to know her more,” D.O said while looking at the others and saw that he had obtained their agreement as well. “Besides, Tao still owes her an apology and she is kind to allow us to stay here even though we barely know her. So, Tao, you need to figure out what you are going to do to get her forgiveness,” Xiumin pointed out.

Hearing this, Tao only nodded before looking away. Suho gave a brief nod before looking at the time as well. “We can continue talking about this tomorrow. So for now, how about we all get some much needed sleep,” he said. Agreeing, the members then made their way to the multiple bedrooms in the house and ended up being four to a room. Sleep soon claimed every individual in the house, letting none escape its clutches.

 


Sorry for the week delay everyone. Been very busy with work. Hopefully with it slowing down I can get some writing done but I can't necessarily promise that. Hope you like this chapter though.